ForumsWEPRMars

35 6714
Zerlock1124
Zerlock1124
93 posts
Nomad

Do you we'll ever live on Mars? If so, ever in our lifetime?

I personally think that science is getting to that point. but it will take 3 or 4 generations to get there, then another few years after that to make it safe for the general public.

• 35 Replies
Pegasus
Pegasus
106 posts
Nomad

I think that we could possible. But it would take years and years, maybe about another 100 years before we could live on there.

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

I think we will because they found something on mars, but I forgot what it was.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I know that scientists are now working on how to convert dark matter into fuel. If this happens it can make a space craft travel at the speed of light. If this speed were attainable it wouldnt take long at all to reach mars. The question is, how long will it take for the scientists to find out how to harness this power. With the technology we have at the moment a manned mission to mars let alon colonisation is mind bogglingly expensive.The complications of a manned space craft include heating, food and water and enough fuel to return safely. It also has to be able to return safely which is costly in itslef.

Pegasus
Pegasus
106 posts
Nomad

@El_Dyablo_666, the things that Spirirt and Oppertunity found on Mars was wthings that trace back to water. That is the main thing. They found rocks that traced back to water, and almost everything was traced back to water.

@woody_7007, I am not diagreeing with you but it would be exceedingly hard to do that. They would first need to know how to get it without being controlled by it. You have to remember, dark matter is stronger then gravity.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

yes but there have been experiments done in space by the worlds leading scientists and they are getting hold of it. However you are mistaken dark matter isnt the matter from a black hole or anything like that. In fact scientists think it makes up for 20% of the mass of the universe. It is common throughout space and can be seen in gravitational anomalies and curvings. Its not as hard to get a hold of as u think. People are very close to finding out how to do so. Then the refining of it into a fuel will be the next challenge.

SAL37
SAL37
447 posts
Peasant

no. Mars my 3rd favorite my fisrt is saturn then jupiter

Pegasus
Pegasus
106 posts
Nomad

Well, I will not debate on what you said because, as I reached, it is all true. So yes, it will be a challenge but they would first need to control it before they do anything.

@Sal37, if those are your favorite planets, then go life on them not Earth.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

This isnt a thread about what your favourite planet is SAL37. Mars is the planet in question because its closest to us which has an atmosphere we could land on and because it could put to rest all of the speculation about life on mars and experiments could be done with the water there and hthings like that. Also at this rate we will need a new planet by 2050 due to global warming and overpopulationso i can see colonisation of the solar system being a priority although i think we as mankind will start with the moon first.

Pegasus
Pegasus
106 posts
Nomad

Woody_7007, Mar's atmoshpere is unlike ours and is exceedingly hard to land on. The atmoshpere is full of gases that can tear up anything that goes through it. The only way how they got Spirirt and Oppertunity in there was Duct tape and scrap metal.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I am not saying it is similar but it is at least feasible. Also i never said it would be easy to land on which is why i said it would be very difficult for manned spacecraft. It is the only planet in the solar system within reasonable distance that has a solid surface and an atmosphere which wouldnt destroy the craft. I mean all the other planets are made of gas which you obviously cant land on or they have extremely toxic atmospheres so mars is still our best shot at landing there.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@Pegasus- How can Mars' atmosphere be "full of gases that can tear up anything that goes through it?" It has almost no gas in its atmosphere because it has no magnetic field to protect itself from solar radiation that strips gases away.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

well they have succeded in getting robots through the atmosphere and onto the plant there are no trees or anything so.......no air i dont think we could live ther cause we cant make air.............or can we?

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@Skater- We can recycle oxygen or extract it from ilmenite.

wan59
wan59
9 posts
Nomad

There's water on Mars, but it still leak of oxygen and ozone layer to protect us from the sun

Pegasus
Pegasus
106 posts
Nomad

wan59, there is o water yet but they thin they found water. But I still think that it will take a long time before we live on Mars.

Showing 1-15 of 35