ForumsWEPRMars

35 6717
Zerlock1124
Zerlock1124
93 posts
Nomad

Do you we'll ever live on Mars? If so, ever in our lifetime?

I personally think that science is getting to that point. but it will take 3 or 4 generations to get there, then another few years after that to make it safe for the general public.

• 35 Replies
nubishi
nubishi
27 posts
Nomad

I believe that we may be able to live on mars maybe in 2 centuries but still we CAN live on mars if we maybe plant some trees/bring CO2 in there but thats what i think and i dont care if u think im stupid

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

for the guy who said we could live on the moon, I don't see why we would do that since we wouldn't be able to create air on the surface of the planet, since their is no inriched soil,and no atmosphere, along with a very low amount of gravity, and not to mention the difference in air pressure.We would pretty much have to live a giant dome which would be pointless, and a waist of money right now.As for mars there is probably more to living on another planet then just water, and oxygen.Their is also air pressure difference in heat,and the difference in gravity.Mars should be closer to the sun, so its probably alot hotter I would think, unless their is something in the atmosphere that would change that.Another thing is that it also probably has no nutrient, rich soil for plants to grow in, and if the gravity is heavier than ours than it could crush our bodys.I didn't really look up any of this info, so if I'm wrong on anything, than feel free to prove me wrong.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@crimson- The main reason we would colonize the moon is to use it as a base to launch from seeing as it has no air resistance and a much less gravity to fight. Also, as the moon has the same composition as the Earth it would also be useful for extracting minerals. Mars is farther from the sun and there is something in the atmosphere that changes its temperature... Nothing! Without gases it is unable to trap heat, so its actually really cold. Mars is smaller than Earth it has less gravity.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

k, thanks for the info necromancer, but I thought mars was the 2nd planet from the sun, and mercury was the 1st, and earth was the 3rd.The reason I say this is b/c you say mars is farther from the sun, but the rest pretty much makes since.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

Order from the Sun- Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Asteroid belt, Ceres (dwarf planet), Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Trans-Neptunian Objects e.g. (Pluto, Eros, Quaoar), Kuiper Belt, Oort Cloud

Showing 31-35 of 35