ForumsGamesARMORGAMES FAVORITE GENRE GRAPH

30 6700
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I wanna do something cool in the video game forum. Let's have everyone 'vote' their favorite video game genre (only one, please!) , and I will make a bar graph and maybe even a pie graph (if I can figure that one out) of what the most popular genre is. Of course I will have to list all the usernames who 'voted' so that someone who forgets wont have to vote twice. We can't do combination genres like Action-adventure. What primary genre appeals to you the most? Simply 'vote' and include one-to-several reasons why the genre is your favorite.

So here we go! Genres are:

--Action
--Adventure
--MISC (similar to other, contains genres separate from the primary list, like Music. Ask if you think your genre goes in here or somewhere else)
--RPG
--Strategy (Real-time Strategy, Puzzle, MOBA, Tactical, Turn-based, etc.)
--Shooter (FPS, third-person, spaceship shooter, top-down, etc.)
--Sports (includes racing)
--Simulation (Goat simulator, baking simulator, burglar simulator, X simulator)

I'll kick it off by 'voting' RPG and begin construction once I have a sizable amount of 'votes'. The graph(s) will be updated as we continue. HAJIMEDAZOU!

Adventure: 4
RPG: 6
Strategy: 6
Shooter: 1
Sports: 1
Simulation: 3

Total votes: 21
Voted: Freakenstein, 09philj, MattEmAngel, Arm_Candy, MrDayCee, Ferret, Reton8, R2D21999, Pangtongshu, Darkfire45, Shoeminor, Loop_Stratos, UnleashedUponMankind, Terry_Logic, TheMostManlyMan, Nichodemus, SirLegendary, GoodyPundit, Doombreed, d_dude, Frank_Frooton

Current Graph Statistics:

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx79/Freakenstein_AG/AGFGG_zpsmny9qy3g.png

• 30 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

If you're going into sub-genres, wouldn't all votes for shooter also fall under the action category?

Good point! Most first-person and third-person shooters are subgenres of Action games, and so I may have to switch the votes over. The Shooter genre can still function if the voter is basing it off Spaceship, top-down shooting games.

Alrighty, I have a sizable number of votes and so I shall make the first graph *breaks out crayon and marker set*

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx79/Freakenstein_AG/AGFGG_zpsmny9qy3g.png

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Or you can pick Strategy where MOBA is included @Pangtongshu :P

and Skyrim is a Simulation Fantasy game

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Adventure/Action please! Those are always the best.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

While I do mostly play action games, my favorite game of all time is Morrowind and anyone who's played that knows full-well that it isn't an action packed game. So that's why I'm going with RPG.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

and Skyrim is a Simulation Fantasy game

no es, es RPG.

Adventure/Action please! Those are always the best.

One or the other @SirLegendary ! Maybe I should bold this.

Added ManlyMan's vote!

And where's my post answering inquiries? aedognrgyalktn

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Strategy. Nothing gives me a tingling rush quite so much as wielding the power to raze a nation and ravage armies with a mouseclick.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Alright, my apologies @Freakenstein. I must choose Adventure. Console games such as The Last of Us and Skyrim really show what it is to have an adventure. Games here like Sonny, The Last Stand, Sinjid and Give Up (if Give Up is counted) really are my favorite games. So yeah, I choose adventure.

GoodyPundit
GoodyPundit
56 posts
Shepherd

@Freakenstein This is a good thread! *wink wink
RPG or Simulation..hard to choose @@
I vote RPG for the good old time!

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

@Freakenstein This is a good thread! *wink wink
RPG or Simulation..hard to choose @@
I vote RPG for the good old time!

Thanks I hope this lasts for several more pages!

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Well, I guess I vote for the strategy genre! Puzzle flash games and strategy videogames are my favorite so there is simply nothing else!

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Strategy.

http://puu.sh/hif6e/c35331ef81.jpg

Pls send help

Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

RPG I guess, it's really great playing as say, the Batman, or Ezio, or whoever and being in their world with their singularish weapons and story.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

no es, es RPG

Bad Latin aside, since we see eye to eye I hope you shall be fixing the lack of.MOBA section

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

@Frank_Frooton

They fall under the ever vague umbrella of Action-Adventure. An RPG is something like Final Fantasy.

Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

Well, they are, but since I could only choose one it seemed most appropriate since I am playing in the role of the character, but I guess you're right in that they're action adventure, so I'll change it to Adventure. Sorry for the waffling.

Showing 16-30 of 30