ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 226663
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Supernatural Concealment

WOOHOO! I like this. It has all the pros with no cons. The limitations is others' pros.

Attribute Manipulation

This is great for battles. Can't find a use otherwise. Yay! Lucked out.

Temporal Breath

w00t

---

So i can hide from most things, turn into anything and make anything turn into anything, and breath time.

Next thing i know, i'll change an enemy's attribute to Dragon and do temporal breath without it knowing what's happening.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Mystic Object

I can gain magical powers from a certain object. Like a wand or ring.

Absolute Athleticism

I possess limitless athletic skills. I guess it isn't entirely useless.

Bone Manipulation

Aww yes. Bone Manipulation. This one will be fun.

I'm the best athlete in the world who can gain power through an object and bone manipulation.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Satellite Manipulation: Unless I have some sort of Orbital Death Laser up there, the only use I have for this is to scout an area.

Bow Construction: Creating bows and arrows from nothing. Decent at best (If I know how to aim).

Strength Manipulation: I can manipulate the strength of anything, making it either stronger or weaker.

So I can control satellites which are pretty much indestructible and create bows and arrows out of nowhere which again, is pretty much indestructible. Then again, I could always make my enemies pretty weak so that way defeating them would be a walk in the park.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Well, my best of 10 thing didn't work too well. A lot of time the powers were just really stupid or boring (physiology is often the dumbest and simultaneously most OP power) so I'm going back to first three.

Vampire Physiology

When I'm not hunting for food I make it a hobby to hunt down any Stephanie Myer inspired vampires. I'd also like to point out that the original Dracula only lost his powers in sunlight, but was not harmed by it, and could transform into a dragon. It's about time I got this power.

Temporal Consciousness Inversion

I can transfer my own consciousness to any point in my own lifetime (I'm a vampire so I'm immortal) basically allowing me to avoid anything too dangerous for me by going into the past and changing history.

Pipe Manipulation

Mario will never get to my castle now. Actually, this isn't necessarily restricted to metal or manmade pipes. So, in theory, I could use this on the veins and arteries of people.

These three powers actually mesh together very well. As a vampire I have all sorts of cool abilities and I can learn magic. Because of my immortality my second power is extremely useful for dominating or avoiding any battle. And if I can control the veins and arteries of other creatures it becomes that much easier to feed by manipulating their blood-flow as well as killing any opponent that needs blood to survive.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Unless I have some sort of Orbital Death Laser up there, the only use I have for this is to scout an area.

You can cause a satellite to fall. Also in applications, it says you can create satellites. So you could make an Orbital Death Laser.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Existential Manifestations - I can make appearances as an aspect of myself, instead of showing up in my entirety. A definite plus for sentient landscapes/superstructures.
Urban Physiology - The power of being a sentient urban area. Don't litter.
Mana Manipulation - Commanding the basic force which underlies magic...and is apparently also sentient, for some reason.

Echinoderm Physiology

wtf gtfo.

I'd say you've got it pretty good.http://static1.legiaodosherois.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/agent-starro-wallpaper-110247.jpg
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Canaanite Deity Physiology
I'm note sure, does it mean I can have abilities of all the listed deities? Anyway I'm a god, so that's cool.

Sound Absorption
"The power to absorb sound waves and utilize it in some way". Whatever that is supposed to mean...

Modified Soul
Sounds like it can do whatever.

Lo and behold! I am an unknown deity with various powers, a modified soul that can do various stuff and the ability to absorb sound for various uses. Whaaaaaat.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Gunpowder Manipulation

Universal Recreation

Reality Artistry

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong.

I can recreate the entire universe from scratch making it any way I want to, and then when I get bored I can just imagine it as various art styles and warp reality to make everything look that way. People better hope I don't go through a Durer phase.

cobbcannon3423
cobbcannon3423
295 posts
Marquis

Vampire physiology

Poison Embodiment

Aquatic Respiration

A poisonous, Underwater, Vampire? Ok.....

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Blood Manipulation

Talpidae Physiology

Gastropoda Physiology

Hmmm....can't say any of these would be my first choice.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Anxiety Inducement

Coral Physiology

Water Attacks

I am the Terror of the Seas. I can be a reef-sized coral monster with control over the water, and everyone that sees me feels uneasy and anxious. I can flood the coast with a tsunami and overgrow everything in my reach; I can manipulate the water in the air and in your bodies; I am protected by a thick calcium carbonate armor and if threatened, can split into thousands of individual polyps.

In the best case, of course. Still, this isn't half as bad with enough imagination.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Air Generation

Culinary Intuition

Class System

Alien Physiology

History Embodiment

So I'm an alien who knows the history of the world. I can also generate air and am the world's greatest cook. Finally, I have to stick to a specific class. At least I'm not limited to the typical RPG classes according to that article. :P

ARSOSA16
ARSOSA16
4 posts
Blacksmith

Nostalgia...

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Bullet Hell

Yes please. Oh man this will be a fun power.

Key Creation

Well... ok. I can access anything with a lock. Plus, bullet hell keys. Oh yeah Mr. Krabs.

Respiratory Power Replication

Gross but extremely useful.

I'm Kirby with the ability to rapid-fire keys. Alright I'll take it.

Showing 106-120 of 685