ForumsThe TavernWhat's your Random Phobia?

64 25678
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Remember the thread R2 made about random superpowers (once again, great idea R2! Thanks!)? Well, I decided it was time for some...aggressive expansion.

Same rules. Go to the wiki (found here) and click that random page button. Let's see what you are afraid of...

My phobia for today would be:

Deprecorophobia

The fear of curses...hmm odd.

• 64 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Chionophobia The fear of snow... Winter will be coming and I'll be hiding in my basement.

Beware the mirrors.

It'd be really bad for you when you're in a mirror maze.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Obesophobia

The fear of becoming fat. I'm not sure what to say about this.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Glad to know where to find you R2

Kryptophobia The fear of kryptids (any animal or plant whose existence has been suggested but not verified by the scientific community)

Whoa...I guess now I can be afraid of any beast (Loch ness monster, basilisk, Yeti etc.)

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

I'm rather disappointed I can't find a fear of spam bots in the phobia list. That thing took over 2 pages of Armor forums in only a moment.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

indeed...though I think it falls under Automatonophobia

etg2002
etg2002
703 posts
Scribe

Argyrohpobia fear of silvery things, especially silverware! well, i already fear spoons...

It could also be Polyphobia, fear of many things, cause it IS many things!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Dipsophobia The fear of drinking alcohol. While I wouldn't want to drink alcohol, it's not to the point where I'm scared to drink it. If the world depended on me drinking a beer then I would most likely do it.

LaurenLouise1507
LaurenLouise1507
88 posts
Nomad

A phobia I found a while ago is Arachibutyrophobia -
The fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth... which I find kind of odd.
But I have two phobias which aren't uncommon:
Trypanophobia - Fear of injections and needles
And a fear of elevators, which doesn't actually have a name for some reason?

I don't know if the link thingy worked btw

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

And a fear of elevators, which doesn't actually have a name for some reason?

It seems that the fear of elevators is just one aspect of claustrophobia, not a phobia of its own.
As for my random phobia of the day, I got Kosmikophobia, the fear of all kind of cosmic phenomena. I can understand that meteors can be dangerous, but auroras and eclipses? They're too pretty to be afraid of them ^^
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I got Polyphobia - fear of many things. It's a slippery slope phobia. I don't think I have this one since most people who have it need to be institutionalized for being unable to live on their own or act around other people.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Emetophobia The fear of puke or feeling like you're going to puke.

Seems more of a germaphobe thing.

Witigen
Witigen
306 posts
Scribe

I HATE BUSES! I have a fear of buses, specifically school buses, which I'm pretty sure there is no word for, but it might be bustrophobia. The thought of sitting in some gigantic yellow iron box with wheels that shakes around SO MUCH that could crash so easily at any given moment, makes me sick. Whenever I looked out the window, sedans are slower. SEDANS! That's not natural, sedans are tiny and this huge twinkie is going faster. I haven't been in a school bus for a long time, and I hope I don't have to in the future.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Hey..I got Angrophobia (fear of anger) too

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Cleithrophobia The fear of being locked or trapped in an enclosed space. So it's basically Claustrophobia.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Thanataphobia and Apeirophobia.
And if you are really curious of the authenticity of these pbobias (if you have the same.mindset as mastaplayaFireEye) you are free to ask anyone from FGA about it

Showing 31-45 of 64