ForumsForum GamesThe Forumnauts and the Crow and Crown

228 61807
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Welcome to the Rose and Crow, weary Forumnaut.
_____
Stage One??? | Stage Two | Stage Three | Stage Four | Stage Five

• 228 Replies
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I inspect the lockbox and the gold ball.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

You will earn 2d4/100 gold per job, wookie1196. You will be doing what needs to be done.

The lockbox has 9 marble-sized holes in the locking mechanism arranged in a row. The gold ball is smooth, shiny, and marble-sized. You can see your own reflection in it.

Nothing interesting happens.

Welcome to the Rose and Crown, weary Forumnaut. We have many offerings in the way of sustenance. Our patrons enjoy talking about the misadventures of Forumnauts and pretend silly things.

A room only costs one gold coin and comes with complementary wake-up call.

A game of hi-lo dice starts in the corner furthest from the main egress. It only costs a gold coin to join. The pot is currently up to no gold coins.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I examine my device to determine its properties. If that fails, I go South.

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

In that case I'll start working
2d4=3

DICE RESULTS
3 = 2d4
Alp_Ehni
Alp_Ehni
315 posts
Farmer

I disintegrate into the abyss.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

It does stuff, like, whatever the plot demands, dude.

Well, it's not much, but it's something.

Alp_Ehni becomes one with the abyss, drifting and floating and intermingling with the purity of absence.

Welcome to the Rose and Crown, weary Forumnaut. We have many offerings in the way of sustenance. Our patrons enjoy talking about the misadventures of Forumnauts and pretend silly things.

A game of hi-lo dice starts in the corner furthest from the main egress. It only costs a gold coin to join. The pot is currently up to no gold coins.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

As in, what does it look like, how heavy is it, are there moving parts, is it edible?

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

I'll keep working. Is there a way I cou earn more?Work = 6

DICE RESULTS
6 = Work
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I place the gold ball inside each one of the holes until it unlocks.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

It looks exactly like &quotlot device". In fact, you wouldn't know it was a plot device if it wasn't a &quotlot device".

No.

Nothing. The plot device doesn't do anything on its own if the plot isn't advancing.

Nothing interesting happens.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I enter one of the untenanted rooms to examine its habitability and contents. If no one is watching, I whip out my literally indescribable plot device and use it like a compass (the magnetic kind)* while I rummage through things seeking anything useful. Otherwise, I move in front of the door and ask the observer(s) if they are at all edible.

*Or the golden kind, which would actually be a more appropriate analog.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I place the lockbox and the golden ball into my inventory. Whilst I'm doing that, I check my inventory.

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

How much do I have now? Stillworking = 6

DICE RESULTS
6 = Stillworking
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

You are not allowed into the rooms if you have not paid for a room. The plot device doesn't do anything on its own if the plot is not advancing. Nobody is edible.

In your inventory is a plot device, a lockbox, and a gold ball.

A draft blows across your skin as the Rose and Crown is a bit drafty, but that's probably due to the shoody worksmanship that left some gaps between the boards in the walls and floors and ceilings and tables and chairs and bar and shelves in this place. A few hairs stand up as it is rather chilly. A game of Hi-Lo dice starts in the corner furthest from the egress. FishPreferred is waving his indescribable plot device around, while wookiee1196 scurries around doing every odd job available. He is scrubbing the floors with a rough and very worn boar bristle brush. The bucket rocks as patrons thump around the hardwood floors, sloshing the soapy gray-brown swill it contains. wookie1196 picks up the bucket and moves it, sloshing the soapy swill some more. The handle of the bucket clatters to the side as he thumps it on the ground close to the wall. He scrubs and scrubs and scrubs and scrubs and scrubs. The sounds of scrubbing cause a mouse to scurry from its hiding place within the walls across the floor. It interrupts the Hi-Lo dice game as upset bettors call for a mulligan due to interference. The mouse scurries along the walls and stops and goes as it wends its way between the legs of tables, chairs, and patrons alike. It squeaks a little and wiggles its nose and moves its whiskers about, as if to look for something, but anything it could possibly be doing is just a projection of what you think it is doing and that it has any relevance to anything when it is simply one note in the cosmic symphony that is life playing to its own beat, mostly free of the human need to understand.

Not enough.

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

Can I get an exact number?
AlwaysWorking = 8

DICE RESULTS
8 = AlwaysWorking
Showing 91-105 of 228