ForumsForum GamesThe Forumnauts and the Crow and Crown

228 61747
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Welcome to the Rose and Crow, weary Forumnaut.
_____
Stage One??? | Stage Two | Stage Three | Stage Four | Stage Five

• 228 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

You cannot get a room as you are busy examining every blade of grass on the infinite grassy field.

Try as you might, you cannot cross the threshold.

wookie1196 pays for a room and goes to sleep.

Welcome to the Crow and Crown, weary Forumnaut. We have many offerings in the way of sustenance. Our patrons enjoy talking about the misadventures of Forumnauts, pretend silly things, and dig holes. They also enjoy looking at and for things. A chill runs down our spine.

A room only costs one gold coin and comes with complementary wake-up call.

A game of double or nothing starts in the corner furthest from the main egress. It only costs a gold coin to join.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Cursed 2-ounce holes!

I charge the nearest person.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

You charge Chryosten.

You pay for a room.

Welcome to the Crow and Crown, weary Forumnaut. We have many offerings in the way of sustenance. Our patrons enjoy talking about the misadventures of Forumnauts, pretend silly things, and dig holes. They also enjoy looking at and for things. A chill runs down our spine.

A game of double or nothing starts in the corner furthest from the main egress. It only costs a gold coin to join.

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

I shall wake up

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

You wake up.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I pilfer Chryosten's loot if at all possible.

P.S. No ... uh, he was so young ... or something.

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

I will begin to examine my room for any secrets

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

You've take a golden ball and lockbox from Chryosten.

The only secrets in the room you find are within, and also a lockbox and a pitch-black ball that probably unlocks some secrets.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Hah! And they all scoffed at my skills of diplomacy.
If the spider ball is anywhere to be found, I collect it and examine it closely. Then I look for a roughly spherical clump of dirt near the holes. Then, if the lockbox has exposed hinges, I attempt to force the hinges apart, because why not.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I attempt to picklock all the room doors.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

You take a ball of dead spiders. There must be at least 20 spiders in the ball, but the only way to make an accurate count is to take it apart. You find a roughly spherical clump of dirt, but you're pretty sure it smells like rabbit droppings. The lockbox doesn't have any hinges.

The room is spare, with only a minimalist bed and a side table with one drawer. The floors are oak. The walls are oak. The side table is oak. The bed frame is oak. The sheets and pillows and bedding are some sort of fabric you can't identify. Everything is secure. There's nothing hiding anywhere except that lockbox in the side table drawer.

The rooms aren't locked, and you're pretty sure every room you enter is exactly the same as the one you paid for, even though you know two other rooms have been paid for an should be occupied.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I grab myself a new lockbox and collect all the balls from the other rooms. I also pickpocket back the golden ball from Fish.

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

I'll take the pitch-black ball and touch it to the lockbox

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I examine the configuration of the holes in the lockbox. Then I swat the spider ball with the plot device.

@Chryosten: You know this isn't a mink coat, right?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

You grab a new lockbox, a pitch-black ball, and realize that FishPreferred doesn't actually have any pockets, but somehow has an inventory.

You touch the pitch-black ball to the lockbox but it doesn't do anything.

The nine of them are all lined up in a row. You swat the spider ball with the plot device. The spider ball is a little squashed now.

Showing 211-225 of 228