ForumsThe TavernA Farewell to Armor Games

18 10493
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

As of 4/18/16 @ 9:00am PST approximately, I will be permanently closing my account. Now before you all freak out and start going "Oh, AG is so wonderful how could you ever leave? What the hell is wrong with you?", you need to ask yourself "Do you I really want to spend hours of my free time reading and posting either asinine gibberish or snide rhetorical mumbo jumbo? But what about the gaming?" Yeah, glitchy 2D flash games with a six inch or less flash window. That's the very definition of joy. But in all due fareness, there is a small number of nice people here. Sadly, the rest are either illiterate tweens or passive aggressive (or less passive) losers... did I just call them c-word out loud? Of course I did. So don't mind me! Post on, gibberish on, idle on, YAY on, Ju On, screw on, and oh yeah... Screw off. I'm done with this nonsense. I've got hundreds of things I'd rather so with my time. Ok, now let's hear your linguistic bs.

• 18 Replies
armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

oh... bye SportShark... I will miss you... :'(

you were a good friend *sigh*

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

@armorplayergc no need to feel bad, you were one of the few people who were nice to me here. YAY on man!

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

So? If you want to shut down your account, it's fine but that's your business isn't it? Why make it a public matter and post it on the forums, especially since you've made up your mind? You could inform the "few" nice people of the reasons personally (comments, private chat or whatever) and then just go through with it. Why make a whole thread for it?

Forgive me if I sound a little offensive but I really don't see any point in this and it's been happening for a while. Usually members change their mind and come back after making similar threads but since you've made the decision to close your account you are obviously going through with it so I am not going to try to change your mind. At any rate, have fun. I may not agree with you on some things about this community (personally, one of the reasons I hang out here is that there are many nice people) but at least you were an active member of the forums, a kind we apparently need these days.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Well, goodbye Mastaplayer/SportsShark, perhaps you'll just lock your profile and not delete it?

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I was actually going to wait for some other people to reply before I could think of my own. I guess the best thing is to say Farewell. Good luck on whatever's next in your life!

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I'm not sure what to say here so I might as well keep it simple.

So long SportSharks and good luck in the future. You will be missed.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

Actually, what if instead of deleting your account, you could just, let's say let it un-deleted, then you just don't join AG, this way, if you change your mind someday, you could come back? I don't know?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Actually, what if instead of deleting your account, you could just, let's say let it un-deleted, then you just don't join AG, this way, if you change your mind someday, you could come back? I don't know?

I thought of it too but he seems pretty determined. I am sure that's what I would do but he is obviously annoyed by many things around here...

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

@Doombreed @armorplayergc @nichodemus @Chryosten @SirLegendary
Guess what. Sometimes when Armor Games doesn't have a day for April Fools, it's up to users like me to help the busy admins out! So consider yourselves fooled! LOL! Happy belated April Fools!!! It's still April, and yeah, you all can't get rid of me that easy, guys. I ain't going nowhere. 😂

PS, sorry if my op was too offensive. I had to be sure to seem convincing enough. Sorry for any hurt feelings.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Lol nice one haha.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I'll admit that when your profile wasn't gone by the specified time I got a little curious. However, I just chalked it up to meaning that you were leaving AG and not deleting your account for the sake of preservation.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Ι have to admit I didn't see that one coming. Probably because it's many days past, but still, I appreciate the effort. So, nice one indeed!

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

Well, fair enough, I did something similar to that in 2015, and I suspected when your account wasn't deleted

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Hmmm. Curious. I was... fooled.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

@SportShark, this is a good prank!

Showing 1-15 of 18