ForumsForum GamesThe Forumnauts

197 48355
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

> I'm a forumnaut with pride
> I... errr... *sigh*... oh... I forgot who I am... I hope you're happy now, you made me forget who I am, Fish! I have to check my "history" to remember... but I don't remember how to check it... meh, I'll be a new person... I must...
> I am Swarmlord2. I have a unicorn called Mr Rainbow and I am trying to work out the answer.
> I'm doqck. If there's one thing I love doing here, it's to blow my way up to the forum games' objeqcktives.
> I'm Chryosten (also known as Darkfire45) and I like randomness. I also like to solve stuff and am currently trying to solve this riddle.
> I'm just here to be condescending and obstructive.
_____
Stage One??? | Stage Two | Stage Three | Stage Four | Stage Five | Stage Six | Stage Seven

• 197 Replies
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Well, actually *pulls down handy reference chart* the perception of thought has nothing to do with it.

Sensation is a self-evident phenomenon, and therefore independent of any real or ficticious action on the part of the observer. If we suppose that our thought is itself a product of thought, have we not just demonstrated the existence of thought, and through this, a thinker? Even if it is only a belief that the agent thinks, it can only exist as such under the provision that an agent exists to believe it. Being is therefore an experiential, as well as an epistemological, subject and cannot be challenged by any questioning of the reality of thought.

http://i.imgur.com/3Eto81A.png

Maybe.

Unless.

҈
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

All of the above, in short.

Cogito ergo sum.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

Reality is a lie *sits* we are never going to get out of this place, all of this is a lie, everything is a lie

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

All of the above, in short.

Cogito ergo sum.

No, not really. Didn't you see the chart?
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

It is cogito ergo sum plus more. I was just trying to explain it in a simpler way. Although the veracity and type of input varies, it is all real in that it exists in some form, even of it isn't as it is falsely trying to be. This is proven through the fact that it is processed through thought and, of course, the basic concept of cogito ergo sum is that nothing else is certain, it could all be some sort of illusion or imagined existence but as you are thinking about it, there is the certainty that your consciousness exists as otherwise, you could not think. I don't know how well I have explained it but this is correct, right?

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

we are Forumnauts (with pride), it means the answer is never something very complex, it's always something simple and short, that's one of the ideas of being a forumnaut (with pride)... is the answer "Cogito ergo sum"?

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I don't know how well I have explained it but this is correct, right?
Yes, although it relies upon the notion that the agent must be the source of its thoughts, which Gantic had already challenged. If a thought is implanted from an external source, the subject's experience of having the thought is the only definitive proof of its existence.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

But what is self?

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I'm very glad you asked! *pulls down another chart*

The self is any observer that exists in reality.

That's it.

*puts away chart*

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

*sigh*

I'm a forumnaut with pride

I... errr... *sigh*... oh... I forgot who I am... I hope you're happy now, you made me forget who I am, Fish! I have to check my "history" to remember... but I don't remember how to check it... meh, I'll be a new person... I must...

I am Swarmlord2. I have a unicorn called Mr Rainbow and I am trying to work out the answer.

We were getting closer and closer to the answer, we have to think more about it, so, I ask everyone here:

who... are... you?

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdLIerfXuZ4

dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

who... are... you?

I'm doqck. If there's one thing I love doing here, it's to blow my way up to the forum games' objeqcktives.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

Yes, I guess that's good, hopefully we are getting closer to the answer (which may not be an answer but a question, an item, a drop, a boss fight, a reward...)

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Is FishPreferred's self the same as armorplayergc's self?

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

No; in order to be the same self, we would have to be the same observer. I used the singular because different selfs can't be verified by deduction. I can verify through observation that I have a self, he can likely verify his, yet neither of us would be able to verify each other and simply taking my or his word for it doesn't work in the scenario of being radically deceived. To the extent of your knowledge, the only self you can use for deduction is you.

Showing 151-165 of 197