ForumsForum GamesThe Superhuman RPG (2016)

721 165631
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I allow as many players as possible. Registrations are open!

Now...

Does.. Does anyone remember The Superhuman RPG? Way back about 4 years ago?

I admit, I didn't think I would be opening this game again. But then I think of the fun I had hosting it when I was fourteen. I started this RPG back when I was thirteen, I believe, and it had been a blast to play with my players.

Now that I'm almost eighteen (at the time of this OP), maybe I want to give this another try.

If you are aware of what I do here in the forums (and I really mean, aware. So skip past if you don't know anything about me):

[My ideas are all fizzed out at the moment. I will continue to update, though it DEFINITELY will be infrequent. What I'm sure, though, is that The Superhuman requires more improvisation than my own story. So it takes less of an effort, not that it detracts from how much I want to host this game.]

---

"A human figure rose and fell, its chest swelling slightly. It looked up, not knowing what it would look at in this darkness. Then a voice spoke into its head, and the figure screamed out, its body writhing in pain.

The figure stepped out into the light. It breathed in..

And something small fell out of its womb.

And it breathed out. It smiled and more fell from its body.

And more.

And more."

"You kiddin' me?"

A thirteen-year-old boy jumped in shock, as he looked at the source of the voice that startled him.

A woman, sat opposite him, stared at him with a quizzical and mocking look.

"That's how the first superhuman came to be?" said the woman.

The boy nodded fervently. "Yes! You've gotta believe me!"

"This is ****ing ridiculous."

The woman stepped out as the boy continued to shout, pleading for her approval. She slammed the door behind and shook her head. She looked around, the city bustling about her.

Superhumans were everywhere. She saw a few men and women in a construction site, lifting fifteen-metre bars of metal in each hand, walking about. The woman could hear chattering and laughter among them.

Cars streaked by in front of her, but there were many, racing past the cars. A lot of them wore business suits, T-shirts, shorts, jeans. Normal people, she thought.

She heard a booming voice coming from her left. She turned and looked as the glass walls of the town hall burst into shards as the mayor stepped out to view, red fury in his face. She heard a sigh coming from behind the mayor as the glass shards floated back to where they originally were.

The woman heard another scream, something ten times softer than the booming voice, coming from in front of her as a man in black snatched a woman's purse away. The man looked back, summoned a flicker of flame and threw a ball of fire at the woman. She ducked out of the way and sent her hand out. The man grunted as his grip on the purse loosened. He put his hands to the sides of his head and screamed in agonizing pain. The woman picked her purse up and fired a shimmering wave of force at the man, knocking him towards the road.

Where did they come from? she thought.

---

I hope the story above can explain the setting and tone of this whole RPG.

Now, I allow as many players as possible. I will try to keep track of everyone, but I need to have you do something for me. First off, fill it this sheet.

Name: (Insert)
Sex: Male/Female
Superpower: (Anything within reason)
---
Biography: (Please keep it concise. I can't read walls and walls of text. It should include your past, personality and how you came to be in the present.)
---
Level: 1
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

Then, what I type below your sheet, please quote it and post it. I will also do the same for you.

---

I hope I can update once every day. I will try my best.

• 721 Replies
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Name: Axorez
Sex: Male
Superpower: Ice Magic
---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
XP: 3/20
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
---
HP: 17/20
---
Inventory:
$17.50

I prepare to do some self-defense, preparing an ice bolt if he does anything weird. "No." I replied.

(I'll concoct a list of attacks you can do. I chose the move Frost Breath instead of Ice Spray because it sounds cooler. Ice Slide is basically a water slide, except it's ice.)

He brought you out of the crowd to an alley. Mind you, it wasn't just some alley. You saw a few hooded thugs beating up some rich man.

Screams and shouts were let out, but never heard.

"Now," the metal man said. "Shall we continue where we left off?"

The metal man was still holding onto your head, and he was brandishing his needle fingers.

Mr. Reagul didn't seem to be around.

===

Name: Dolan
Superpower: Control over Gravity
---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.
PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK

---
Level: 2
XP: 3/40
---
HP: 30/30
{IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII}

In the mind world I back away and wait for the plant Nuckelavee to dissipate entirely.

In the real world, I increase the gravity on the Nuckelavee's crawling body, and finish getting my shovel, I then walk up to him and do an old overhead slash with increased gravity.

In your mind, Todd disappeared form your mind.

In the real world, you sliced open the fire Todd's head.

In an instant, you could've sworn your eardrums were severely damaged as you heard thunderous cracks coming from all three of them. It lasted a few seconds before all three of them lay still.

"Aah!" the chef shouted, drowned out by the thunder in your restaurant.

It vaguely sounded like bones cracking coming from the Todd's.

(12 XP)

You felt a surge of energy rushing into you, and felt a tinge rushing up your spine. You touched your back and felt a few ants crawling down.

But they disappeared.

"Is it over?" the chef said.

Even after the surge of energy, your mind felt sluggish and tired. It was only about 9.30 in the morning.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Name: Hephaestus
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
XP: 11/20
---
HP: 13/20
---
Inventory:
$97

(-$3 for espresso; is it priced right?)

I suppose so, yeah.

"Hmm.." Matt said as he took a sip. "No one can see him, huh? Well, I've never dealt with cases like this but I'm pretty sure it's in your head."
You both sat for a while in silence.
"Or maybe someone put that illusion into your head. I'm not too sure, but that's the most likely reason."
You two spent the next hour talking about interests. Apparently, Matt wanted to be a singer. He never did.
"Well, I've gotta get back to my job. I'd be happy to accompany you in case that man comes again."
You looked to your left and saw the same man walking towards you. He was about thirty feet away, his lips a wide grin.

"Well, too late- here he comes again. Let's go outside, I don't want to cause a scene in here."
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

(Thanks? I guess? I was hoping for time enough to train and try out things, but this is also fine. What does conjuring an Ice Block fall under?)

He brought you out of the crowd to an alley. Mind you, it wasn't just some alley. You saw a few hooded thugs beating up some rich man.

Screams and shouts were let out, but never heard.

"Now," the metal man said. "Shall we continue where we left off?"

The metal man was still holding onto your head, and he was brandishing his needle fingers.

Mr. Reagul didn't seem to be around.

I fire the prepared Ice Bolt, and then fire Icicles to him. Then i shoot a frost breath, hoping for him not to have time to recover.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

"Well, too late- here he comes again. Let's go outside, I don't want to cause a scene in here."

"Hmm?" Matt said as the both of you headed out. "Where is it?"

The man was a few feet in front of you and Matt. There was something different about him. He didn't have his acidic arm. He had a purplish one.

He ****ed his purple arm.

===

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

(Thanks? I guess? I was hoping for time enough to train and try out things, but this is also fine. What does conjuring an Ice Block fall under?)

(Aah, you want to experiment with your powers. If you solve the metal man problem, then you may. Ice Block is Ice Slab because it sounds cooler.)

I fire the prepared Ice Bolt, and then fire Icicles to him. Then i shoot a frost breath, hoping for him not to have time to recover.

You fired the ice bolt right at his chest. It didn't go all the way in, assuming that there was something hard inside. The man looked at you with gritted teeth as he released you and clutched at his wound. You fired icicles at the man as he formed his metal armor.

Almost instantaneously, you breathed frost at the man's metal armor. It did force him to stay put for a few seconds.

===

---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.
PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK

---
---

Weee!
Level 2, I presume my power increases right?

Yes, of course.

I search for a nearby chair to sit down, and begin talking.

"I think it isn't"
"I would be careful around the police if I were you, just saying, one of them said I was wanted, this could have something to do with all this."
"And did you feel it?"
"Did you feel like you were in two places at once?"

"Anyways, some windows need to be repaired, I'll see about that later, and where are the other cooks?"
"They should be here by now..."

("I would be careful around the police if I were you, just saying, one of them said I was wanted, this could have something to do with all this.&quot

(Wait, did anyone say that? I don't recall.)

"Two places at once?" the chef said. "I was just focused on getting rid of the man."

"Oh," he said. "About the cooks, I called them to come when I called the next time. My instincts were right. I will call them right now."

He headed off to get your workers back.

You felt like you wanted to sleep.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

"Hmm?" Matt said as the both of you headed out. "Where is it?"
The man was a few feet in front of you and Matt. There was something different about him. He didn't have his acidic arm. He had a purplish one.
He ****ed his purple arm.

I grow my ash skin and observe the man's movements, to try to figure out his next action. I try to evade his attack and counterattack right after.
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

You fired the ice bolt right at his chest. It didn't go all the way in, assuming that there was something hard inside. The man looked at you with gritted teeth as he released you and clutched at his wound. You fired icicles at the man as he formed his metal armor.

Almost instantaneously, you breathed frost at the man's metal armor. It did force him to stay put for a few seconds.

I conjure an Ice Blade and Ice Shield for some CQC Meleeing. I do slashes and block his hits.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

I grow my ash skin and observe the man's movements, to try to figure out his next action. I try to evade his attack and counterattack right after.

You grew ash around yourself and watched him. His purple arm seemed to bend light.

He moved forward and extended his arm. You were ready to dodge, and moved sideways. Inches away from the arm, you felt pressure coming from the arm.

You moved back and Matt was standing away, not sure what to do.

"Uh," Matt said. "Where's the guy?"

===

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
HP: 16/20
---
Inventory:
$17.50

I conjure an Ice Blade and Ice Shield for some CQC Meleeing. I do slashes and block his hits.

You conjured an ice blade and shield and waited for the metal man to move.

"Haha!" the man said. "Think a blade can cut me down?"

He stood there and waited for you instead. You went for a cut but hit rock hard material. He grabbed the blade and crushed it before moving to send a punch at you. You brought your shield up and saw it cracking at the impact of the punch.

You suddenly saw yourself falling to the ground as you felt something hit your calf. The side of your head hit the floor.

(-1 HP)

The man now formed a hammer out of his arm.

===

---
PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK PECK

---
---

Page 18

Well, one of the Todd's said you were wanted, but not necessarily by the police.

I wait in the chair, and when he comes back I say to him:

"I'm going to check on some stuff, take over for me."

"I'll be back in around an hour or two, I'll see about those windows later.

I then head out and inspect my shovel, to see if it has any blood on it.
I then shove it in the backseat of my car once again and drive home.
With the objective of arriving and going to sleep.

The chef nodded as you left.

You checked the shovel. The shovel blade had no blood whatsoever, though it had a spot of soot at the edge.

You put it in the backseat and drove home.

You returned to your home, safe and sound for once. You sluggishly went to your bed and fell asleep within seconds.

You woke up and checked your clock. It was evening by then.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

You conjured an ice blade and shield and waited for the metal man to move.

"Haha!" the man said. "Think a blade can cut me down?"

He stood there and waited for you instead. You went for a cut but hit rock hard material. He grabbed the blade and crushed it before moving to send a punch at you. You brought your shield up and saw it cracking at the impact of the punch.

You suddenly saw yourself falling to the ground as you felt something hit your calf. The side of your head hit the floor.

(-1 HP)

The man now formed a hammer out of his arm.

I make some Icicles, then throw it while Ice-Sliding him.

(Oh yeah, Frost Breath is technically Ice Beam right?)

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

I make some Icicles, then throw it while Ice-Sliding him.

(Oh yeah, Frost Breath is technically Ice Beam right?)

(I guess Frost Breath can function similarly to Ice Beam.)

(If you're Ice-Sliding him, I assume you're making him slip on ice, right?)

You threw icicles at him. You heard the horrible sound of ice breaking on his chest as he craned his neck back, his eyebrow raised.

Before the man could raise his hammer, you made an ice slide and caused him to fall flat on his face.

You heard a moan coming from the man.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

You grew ash around yourself and watched him. His purple arm seemed to bend light.
He moved forward and extended his arm. You were ready to dodge, and moved sideways. Inches away from the arm, you felt pressure coming from the arm.
You moved back and Matt was standing away, not sure what to do.
"Uh," Matt said. "Where's the guy?"

"Here", I say pointing at the guy. "He's different, too. His arm seems to impact physics, somehow."

I keep dodging his attacks and looking for an opening. If I have the opportunity, I blow some ash at him and ask Matt if he sees it behaving strangely; I am interested to see if the arm attracts or repels the ash in the air, and whether Matt sees it or not.
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

(If you're Ice-Sliding him, I assume you're making him slip on ice, right?)

Wasn't quite sure what it'd do to be honest.

You threw icicles at him. You heard the horrible sound of ice breaking on his chest as he craned his neck back, his eyebrow raised.

Before the man could raise his hammer, you made an ice slide and caused him to fall flat on his face.

You heard a moan coming from the man.

I walk to my back while using Frost Breath on him. Once he stands, I fire an Ice Slab onto him, hoping to make him fall again.

(Suddenly, i no longer spam Ice Bolts. So sudden that IRL it would be weird.)

Hey Axorez!
You're going to become a fine ice golem or ice knight one day.
You just have to stop using ice bolts.
Hopefully I'll be a silhouette with stars inside me.

wot

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Why does ArmorGames keep forcing me to do CaptCha checks? To be fair, it's just a click and you're done, but the reply didn't come through. So every time I reply, I always copied the whole thing before going through the CaptCha check. I had mistakenly copied another sentence and lost the entire reply. What is this nonsense? This reply has been typed TWICE.

===

Name: (Killer?) Dolan
---

---
---

Say, I can make an entire area heavy, but what if I only make a tiny spot as heavy as I can?
Is it the same as the entire area or is it much deadlier?

We'll just have to see what it can do.

"Overslept a bit too much I guess"
"Heh"
"I wonder what that Nuckelavee thing was all about..."

I get up and now that I recharged my brain juice, I go and eat "something" really quick and drive off, to my restaurant to see the situation.

You got up and got something small to eat. You drove to your restaurant after that.

As you got out of your car, you saw a couple eating dinner and workers tending to the broken windows. You walked in and into the kitchen, seeing your usual roster of cooks and waiters. The waiters were chatting about, waiting for other customers.

The chief noticed you and said, "Ah, boss. The windows are being fixed, but I hope you understand that you're going to have to pay for it. I'll chip in as well, but it won't be much."

You oversaw the business until closing time. You said goodbye to your workers and locked the place up. Before you got into your car, you heard a voice behind your back.

"Give me your money or I'll kill you."

===

---
---
---
HP: 10/20
---
Inventory:
$97

"Here", I say pointing at the guy. "He's different, too. His arm seems to impact physics, somehow."

I keep dodging his attacks and looking for an opening. If I have the opportunity, I blow some ash at him and ask Matt if he sees it behaving strangely; I am interested to see if the arm attracts or repels the ash in the air, and whether Matt sees it or not.

Matt frowned and focused.

You kept moving out of the man's way until you saw an opportunity and blew ash at him. The man staggered back. You noticed that the ash landed on an invisible cylindrical shield around his arm. As he moved about, you saw the ash slipping off.

As if out of nowhere, you felt as if a hammer had hit your chest.

(-3 HP)

You staggered back as the man stepped in to attack again.

===

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

(Suddenly, i no longer spam Ice Bolts. So sudden that IRL it would be weird.)

Haha! It's good to see you use other moves.

I walk to my back while using Frost Breath on him. Once he stands, I fire an Ice Slab onto him, hoping to make him fall again.

You breathed frost at him, slowing him down even more. It took a few more seconds for him to stand. Before he stood up completely, you threw an ice slab at him. You heard him utter "Oomph!" as he fell to the ground face flat.

You felt like you weren't doing much damage, seeing that the man had metal armour around him. But you were sure that he wouldn't get up as quickly as before.

Ununderstandable1
Ununderstandable1
2 posts
Nomad

Name: Angel
Sex: Female
Superpower: Suicide Inducement
---
Biography: A victim of suicide herself, "Angel" was brought back to this Earth by a God-like being as a face of stunning beauty and desirable to all(male and female). Today, she works as a medical secretary.
---
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
HP: 10/20
---
Inventory:
$97

Matt frowned and focused.
You kept moving out of the man's way until you saw an opportunity and blew ash at him. The man staggered back. You noticed that the ash landed on an invisible cylindrical shield around his arm. As he moved about, you saw the ash slipping off.
As if out of nowhere, you felt as if a hammer had hit your chest.
(-3 HP)
You staggered back as the man stepped in to attack again.

Now that I know more about it, I change tactics. Trying to avoid his big invisible club arm, I grow all the ash I can to get as heavy as possible, and throw myself at him.
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

You breathed frost at him, slowing him down even more. It took a few more seconds for him to stand. Before he stood up completely, you threw an ice slab at him. You heard him utter "Oomph!" as he fell to the ground face flat.

You felt like you weren't doing much damage, seeing that the man had metal armour around him. But you were sure that he wouldn't get up as quickly as before.

I backpedal and redo the attack. Again.

(Is this the answer? :P)

Showing 331-345 of 721