ForumsForum GamesThe Superhuman RPG (2016)

721 165567
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I allow as many players as possible. Registrations are open!

Now...

Does.. Does anyone remember The Superhuman RPG? Way back about 4 years ago?

I admit, I didn't think I would be opening this game again. But then I think of the fun I had hosting it when I was fourteen. I started this RPG back when I was thirteen, I believe, and it had been a blast to play with my players.

Now that I'm almost eighteen (at the time of this OP), maybe I want to give this another try.

If you are aware of what I do here in the forums (and I really mean, aware. So skip past if you don't know anything about me):

[My ideas are all fizzed out at the moment. I will continue to update, though it DEFINITELY will be infrequent. What I'm sure, though, is that The Superhuman requires more improvisation than my own story. So it takes less of an effort, not that it detracts from how much I want to host this game.]

---

"A human figure rose and fell, its chest swelling slightly. It looked up, not knowing what it would look at in this darkness. Then a voice spoke into its head, and the figure screamed out, its body writhing in pain.

The figure stepped out into the light. It breathed in..

And something small fell out of its womb.

And it breathed out. It smiled and more fell from its body.

And more.

And more."

"You kiddin' me?"

A thirteen-year-old boy jumped in shock, as he looked at the source of the voice that startled him.

A woman, sat opposite him, stared at him with a quizzical and mocking look.

"That's how the first superhuman came to be?" said the woman.

The boy nodded fervently. "Yes! You've gotta believe me!"

"This is ****ing ridiculous."

The woman stepped out as the boy continued to shout, pleading for her approval. She slammed the door behind and shook her head. She looked around, the city bustling about her.

Superhumans were everywhere. She saw a few men and women in a construction site, lifting fifteen-metre bars of metal in each hand, walking about. The woman could hear chattering and laughter among them.

Cars streaked by in front of her, but there were many, racing past the cars. A lot of them wore business suits, T-shirts, shorts, jeans. Normal people, she thought.

She heard a booming voice coming from her left. She turned and looked as the glass walls of the town hall burst into shards as the mayor stepped out to view, red fury in his face. She heard a sigh coming from behind the mayor as the glass shards floated back to where they originally were.

The woman heard another scream, something ten times softer than the booming voice, coming from in front of her as a man in black snatched a woman's purse away. The man looked back, summoned a flicker of flame and threw a ball of fire at the woman. She ducked out of the way and sent her hand out. The man grunted as his grip on the purse loosened. He put his hands to the sides of his head and screamed in agonizing pain. The woman picked her purse up and fired a shimmering wave of force at the man, knocking him towards the road.

Where did they come from? she thought.

---

I hope the story above can explain the setting and tone of this whole RPG.

Now, I allow as many players as possible. I will try to keep track of everyone, but I need to have you do something for me. First off, fill it this sheet.

Name: (Insert)
Sex: Male/Female
Superpower: (Anything within reason)
---
Biography: (Please keep it concise. I can't read walls and walls of text. It should include your past, personality and how you came to be in the present.)
---
Level: 1
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

Then, what I type below your sheet, please quote it and post it. I will also do the same for you.

---

I hope I can update once every day. I will try my best.

• 721 Replies
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Name: Hephaestus
Sex: Male
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
XP: 11/20
---
HP: 10/20
---
Inventory:
$97

That is quite intriguing. I carry on observing him as long as I am certain to remain unseen.

You continued observing him. He was tiptoeing when he slipped on a glass shard, causing him to fall. You heard him cursing as he got up.

"Now," the man whispered. "Where's his bedroom?"

He was coming out of the pool of glass shards, nearing the door you were peeking from.

===

Name: Axorez
Superpower: Ice Magic
---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
Level: 2
XP: 0/40
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
HP: 30/30
---
Inventory:
$17.50

I head to Mr. Sully and greet him.

You headed to your Maths teacher and greeted him.

"Hey, Ax," Mr. Sully said, turning from your classmate, Julia. "You've got some homework to do. You should check with your friends. Also, where were you?"

===

Name: Dolan
Superpower: Control over Gravity
---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.

---
XP: 3/40
---
{IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII}

I decrease the gravity around his hands drastically, so anything he may shoot from them will not hit me, I keep an eye on him, so if he does something drastic I'm prepared.

"But you just tried to mug and kill me"

"There are others we can get money from, right? To be frank, you're one of them."

He didn't seem to have any malicious intent towards you.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

You headed to your Maths teacher and greeted him.

"Hey, Ax," Mr. Sully said, turning from your classmate, Julia. "You've got some homework to do. You should check with your friends. Also, where were you?"

"I was asked by the Principal." I respond.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

You continued observing him. He was tiptoeing when he slipped on a glass shard, causing him to fall. You heard him cursing as he got up.
"Now," the man whispered. "Where's his bedroom?"
He was coming out of the pool of glass shards, nearing the door you were peeking from.

I silently position myself against the wall next to the door, on the side of the hinges so that I will be hidden behind the door when the man comes in.
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"I was asked by the Principal." I respond.

"Hmm," Mr. Sully said. "Okay, okay. You should go eat, Ax. You look hungry."

You were a bit hungry, but only hungry for good food.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

I silently position myself against the wall next to the door, on the side of the hinges so that I will be hidden behind the door when the man comes in.

(If you live alone, is it safe to say that you really only have one room? But I've already settled this with a pretty big house for one person. I guess that's fine too.)

You backed away and hid. The door was pushed open, and you saw the man walking forward into your bedroom.

"Tom!" the man said. "Where are you?!"

You noticed that the man was holding a silenced pistol.

===

---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.

---
---

"Excuse me, we?"
"And make money off of me?"
"You told me you would help me get richer."

"I can. I'm just saying that you were a potential money bank. 'Cause, you know, I'd steal from you."

You noticed his arms shaking. He wasn't the fittest of people.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---

---
---

Aha! You have a rather big house 'coz you're relatively rich.

I keep the increased gravity near his arms.

"So you're some kind of gang member?"
"And didn't you say you were going to help me make money?"

"I will! I will!" the man said. "You'll be super rich!"

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---

---
---

"Tell me already or I'll leave your body rotting here overnight!"

"What do you mean?" the man said. "I said I'll make you rich. What do you want me to tell you?!"

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"Hmm," Mr. Sully said. "Okay, okay. You should go eat, Ax. You look hungry."

You were a bit hungry, but only hungry for good food.

"Okay, thanks." I head to the canteen or some sort.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

(If you live alone, is it safe to say that you really only have one room? But I've already settled this with a pretty big house for one person. I guess that's fine too.)

It's your call. As long as I get separate living and bed rooms ^^ I would have said a man in Tom's situation does not have the cash for something too big, but it's alright. There are several reasons why a large house can be cheap

You backed away and hid. The door was pushed open, and you saw the man walking forward into your bedroom.
"Tom!" the man said. "Where are you?!"
You noticed that the man was holding a silenced pistol.

I sneak up behind him, accumulating hard ash into a ball around my hand, and as soon as I am within reach I clout him on the back of his head as hard as I can.
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"Okay, thanks." I head to the canteen or some sort.

You headed to the canteen. As soon as you entered, you noticed students rushing from behind you to get their lunch. You saw your classmates already sitting in their own groups, eating their lunches.

"You know, you can just go!"

You heard someone say that from one of your classmates' table.

"You're Gerald's best friend! How couldn't you know?!"

The one who was trying to avoid the conversation was a boy named Barry, while the other who wanted to know about Gerald was Heather.

Heather turned to look at you and stomped towards you.

"I saw you with Gerald during that emergency. Where is he?" she asked you. She didn't seem too patient.

===

---

---
---

I want you to tell me HOW you are going to make me rich or else I hope you enjoy decomposing overnight in this place.

"Okay, okay!" the man said. "Just let me go and follow me. You can stay behind my back if you don't trust me."

He was waiting.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

It's your call. As long as I get separate living and bed rooms ^^ I would have said a man in Tom's situation does not have the cash for something too big, but it's alright. There are several reasons why a large house can be cheap

Oh, well. I've already confirmed a house with separate rooms for you.

I sneak up behind him, accumulating hard ash into a ball around my hand, and as soon as I am within reach I clout him on the back of his head as hard as I can.

Before you could sneak up behind him, you heard him say, "Tom."

He started laughing as he turned to you sending a hard ball of ash onto his head. You hit him square in the nose.

He was still laughing as he stumbled back and fell onto your bed.

"Looks like I reacted too late to that one."

He wasn't trying to fight. He was clutching his nose while giggling. You saw blood dripping past his hands and onto your bed.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

You headed to the canteen. As soon as you entered, you noticed students rushing from behind you to get their lunch. You saw your classmates already sitting in their own groups, eating their lunches.

"You know, you can just go!"

You heard someone say that from one of your classmates' table.

"You're Gerald's best friend! How couldn't you know?!"

The one who was trying to avoid the conversation was a boy named Barry, while the other who wanted to know about Gerald was Heather.

Heather turned to look at you and stomped towards you.

"I saw you with Gerald during that emergency. Where is he?" she asked you. She didn't seem too patient.

"What emergency?" I ask back.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

Before you could sneak up behind him, you heard him say, "Tom."
He started laughing as he turned to you sending a hard ball of ash onto his head. You hit him square in the nose.
He was still laughing as he stumbled back and fell onto your bed.
"Looks like I reacted too late to that one."
He wasn't trying to fight. He was clutching his nose while giggling. You saw blood dripping past his hands and onto your bed.

"Care to tell me what this is about?", I ask him while trying to figure out if he's still holding the pistol. If he let it fall, I pick it up; if he still has it, I just reinforce the layer of ash I already have while keeping an eye on him.
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"What emergency?" I ask back.

"The day that man broke into our class and attacked Mr. Sully. You were with him. I saw you."

Schoolmates were slowly gathering.

===

---
---
---
HP: 1/20
---
Inventory:
$97

"Care to tell me what this is about?", I ask him while trying to figure out if he's still holding the pistol. If he let it fall, I pick it up; if he still has it, I just reinforce the layer of ash I already have while keeping an eye on him.

"Ah," the man said as he brought up his pistol. "Just here to kill you."

You reinforced ash, but not enough to have the bullet pierce through it and a bit into your head.

(-9 HP)

"See you never, mate."

You were barely alive. He had left the room as the world turned grey. You heard him outside.

"Yeah, Tom's dead. Where do you wanna meet?" There was a short pause. "Haysford? Yeah."

You heard him walk off.

And you were slowly dying of blood loss.

===

---

---
---

I suppose there is nothing to lose if I get jumped by 20 thugs.
I let him go and start following, just not following him into a strangely convenient dark alley.

You let him go and his arms went loose. He nodded as he started walking. You followed him to a strangely convenient dark alley.

But nothing happened. There wasn't anyone else in sight.

He just used it to take a shortcut. He eventually led you to a jewellery shop. It was tightly shut, but there weren't any guards.

"What about this place?" he said as he turned to you. "I've been here a few times. There are cameras in the front entrance. Not sure about the back. We can survey it first."

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

lol @iFool

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"The day that man broke into our class and attacked Mr. Sully. You were with him. I saw you."

Schoolmates were slowly gathering.

"That." I reply. "I didn't know where he went after that, but I last saw him near [which was the hospital with Axorez's parents?] hospital."

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---

---
---

"Hang on a minute, while we're doing this, how do I know you won't have the authorities investigating me?"
"And are you in some sort of organization? Surely you won't be getting the cash from these wares by selling them yourself right?"
I only continue until he has assured me that he won't blackmail me later, then I suggest:

"Eh, I suppose we should survey the area, though I suppose I could find a way to shut them off, do you know if there is some sort of alarm here? And what are we using to transport these?"

I survey the area if he also surveys the area so that we are working together in surveying the area, I also take my tie off and put it in one of my pockets or atleast try to, wouldn't want something like that as proof of what I did eh?
This is gonna be my best buddy I just know it.

"What?" the man said. "I'm kind of wanted in the area."

"And I know a few people who might want jewellery. I mean, c'mon dude, it's freakin' jewellery."

"I bet almost every gem shop has some sort of alarm. Give me a few minutes to see. You go around and try to find a way in."

He went the other side. You looked at the side of the shop and saw no cameras. At the back, you could see a camera looking at the back door. It was a small one, like those black domed cameras.

You're not sure if the door was locked or not.

===

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"That." I reply. "I didn't know where he went after that, but I last saw him near [which was the hospital with Axorez's parents?] hospital."

"What did he do there?" Heather said. "Why was he there? For the record, why were you there?!"

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"What did he do there?" Heather said. "Why was he there? For the record, why were you there?!"

I explain what happened. That is, as far as i know.
(for the record, i'm too lazy to go back a few pages and retell it :/)

Showing 361-375 of 721