ForumsForum GamesThe Superhuman RPG (2016)

721 165834
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I allow as many players as possible. Registrations are open!

Now...

Does.. Does anyone remember The Superhuman RPG? Way back about 4 years ago?

I admit, I didn't think I would be opening this game again. But then I think of the fun I had hosting it when I was fourteen. I started this RPG back when I was thirteen, I believe, and it had been a blast to play with my players.

Now that I'm almost eighteen (at the time of this OP), maybe I want to give this another try.

If you are aware of what I do here in the forums (and I really mean, aware. So skip past if you don't know anything about me):

[My ideas are all fizzed out at the moment. I will continue to update, though it DEFINITELY will be infrequent. What I'm sure, though, is that The Superhuman requires more improvisation than my own story. So it takes less of an effort, not that it detracts from how much I want to host this game.]

---

"A human figure rose and fell, its chest swelling slightly. It looked up, not knowing what it would look at in this darkness. Then a voice spoke into its head, and the figure screamed out, its body writhing in pain.

The figure stepped out into the light. It breathed in..

And something small fell out of its womb.

And it breathed out. It smiled and more fell from its body.

And more.

And more."

"You kiddin' me?"

A thirteen-year-old boy jumped in shock, as he looked at the source of the voice that startled him.

A woman, sat opposite him, stared at him with a quizzical and mocking look.

"That's how the first superhuman came to be?" said the woman.

The boy nodded fervently. "Yes! You've gotta believe me!"

"This is ****ing ridiculous."

The woman stepped out as the boy continued to shout, pleading for her approval. She slammed the door behind and shook her head. She looked around, the city bustling about her.

Superhumans were everywhere. She saw a few men and women in a construction site, lifting fifteen-metre bars of metal in each hand, walking about. The woman could hear chattering and laughter among them.

Cars streaked by in front of her, but there were many, racing past the cars. A lot of them wore business suits, T-shirts, shorts, jeans. Normal people, she thought.

She heard a booming voice coming from her left. She turned and looked as the glass walls of the town hall burst into shards as the mayor stepped out to view, red fury in his face. She heard a sigh coming from behind the mayor as the glass shards floated back to where they originally were.

The woman heard another scream, something ten times softer than the booming voice, coming from in front of her as a man in black snatched a woman's purse away. The man looked back, summoned a flicker of flame and threw a ball of fire at the woman. She ducked out of the way and sent her hand out. The man grunted as his grip on the purse loosened. He put his hands to the sides of his head and screamed in agonizing pain. The woman picked her purse up and fired a shimmering wave of force at the man, knocking him towards the road.

Where did they come from? she thought.

---

I hope the story above can explain the setting and tone of this whole RPG.

Now, I allow as many players as possible. I will try to keep track of everyone, but I need to have you do something for me. First off, fill it this sheet.

Name: (Insert)
Sex: Male/Female
Superpower: (Anything within reason)
---
Biography: (Please keep it concise. I can't read walls and walls of text. It should include your past, personality and how you came to be in the present.)
---
Level: 1
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

Then, what I type below your sheet, please quote it and post it. I will also do the same for you.

---

I hope I can update once every day. I will try my best.

• 721 Replies
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Name: Axorez
Sex: Male
Superpower: Ice Magic
---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
Level: 2
XP: 7/40
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
HP: 27/30
---
Inventory:
$17.50

You flung fire away from you and felt the hands releasing. You saw that you were surrounded by policemen.

You felt something take hold of you again and you jerked, looking down. You were taken into the air by a gigantic eagle.

"HEY," you heard one of the policemen said. "GET HIM!"

They started chasing you, soon to be outsped by the eagle a few moments later. You ended up on a roof with two men, one familiar and one unknown.

"Thank you, Cason," Mr. Reagul said.

The eagle dropped you off and turned into a grey goo, staying by the unknown man's side, Cason whom you presumed.

"Do you see why we have to stop them?" Mr. Reagul said. "You're going out of control with that instability, killing people left and right. Will you stop this group with me?"

Cason smiled for some reason.

(I see. I didn't expect how i was transported)
(Sorry for inactivity btw)

I fire an ice bolt at both of them, at the same time, if possible.
If they staggered, i try to align myself so Reagul is behind Cason. Then i fire frost breaths at cason, and an ice bolt when he can charge or can attack.
If only one staggered, i fire more ice bolts at the one not staggered.
If none staggered, i fire more ice bolts at both of them.
Whatever happens, i try gaining range on them and prepare to dodge.

(15 HP; you can adjust the HP bar yourself)

I lol'd.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Name: Scott Richards
Superpower: Dark Psychological Manipulation
---
Biography: Once an unremarkable software engineer, Scott developed extreme schizophrenia, or so he thought. What at first made him dangerous to others, became his solace as the rest of the world abandoned him. Listening to the voices and searching in the darkest corners of his mind. Now, he is back, having adopted an extremely nihilistic view for everything and calling himself "The Dark Prince" when out of control. He has the power to terrify people with his thoughts by tapping into their minds or create insecurities for them. Mental attacks can cause his adversaries to completely collapse by crippling them, or decaying their minds. His corrupting influence extends to himself every time he uses his power.
Appearance: Tall and very slim man, usually seen wearing a suit. Short black hair and brown eyes. Clean shaved with a discreet tattoo of a dark symbol on the top of his left hand. A larger one on his back.
---
XP: 7/20
---
---
Inventory:
Kitchen knives (3)
Rat poison
Black spray cans (3)

(Good to see ya' again, man.)

Τhanks, good to be back

(So do I have access to some basic mental attack? only low amounts of damage, just a simple psychological attack, no other effect. I mean aside from my ability to 'terrify' enemies.)

The windows were panes, so you had no entry into the house. As you approached the back, you saw the woman in the kitchen, going about her daily business.

Ι sense her mind as she passes. I try to launch a basic damaging mental attack as she goes by. If that's unavailable, I stick to terrifying her.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Name: Hephaestus
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
XP: 0/40
---
HP: 30/30
---
Inventory:
$97

You tried controlling it into a shape you wanted, before it collapsed.
You heard your doorbell being rung.
"I want to talk. I won't hurt you."
It was your assassin's voice.

"Oh, of course. You escaped from the police just to "talk". With me. Riiight", I reply through the door, keeping it locked.
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Sorry, caught up with a lot of work.

===

---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

(I see. I didn't expect how i was transported)
(Sorry for inactivity btw)

I fire an ice bolt at both of them, at the same time, if possible.
If they staggered, i try to align myself so Reagul is behind Cason. Then i fire frost breaths at cason, and an ice bolt when he can charge or can attack.
If only one staggered, i fire more ice bolts at the one not staggered.
If none staggered, i fire more ice bolts at both of them.
Whatever happens, i try gaining range on them and prepare to dodge.

As soon as you summoned the ice bolts, Cason stepped in front and brought his pet goo up, turning into a literal meat shield. The ice bolts were absorbed into the shield.

"Ax, what are you doing?!" Mr. Reagul shouted. "WE are helping YOU!"

You saw the goo turn into an icy blue phoenix right in front of your eyes.

"You are the victim here! You can help us!"

===

Name: Scott Richards
Superpower: Dark Psychological Manipulation
---
Biography: Once an unremarkable software engineer, Scott developed extreme schizophrenia, or so he thought. What at first made him dangerous to others, became his solace as the rest of the world abandoned him. Listening to the voices and searching in the darkest corners of his mind. Now, he is back, having adopted an extremely nihilistic view for everything and calling himself "The Dark Prince" when out of control. He has the power to terrify people with his thoughts by tapping into their minds or create insecurities for them. Mental attacks can cause his adversaries to completely collapse by crippling them, or decaying their minds. His corrupting influence extends to himself every time he uses his power.
Appearance: Tall and very slim man, usually seen wearing a suit. Short black hair and brown eyes. Clean shaved with a discreet tattoo of a dark symbol on the top of his left hand. A larger one on his back.
---
XP: 7/20
---
---
Inventory:
Kitchen knives (3)
Rat poison
Black spray cans (3)

(So do I have access to some basic mental attack? only low amounts of damage, just a simple psychological attack, no other effect. I mean aside from my ability to 'terrify' enemies.)

Hmm, not yet. We'll see when you level up.

Ι sense her mind as she passes. I try to launch a basic damaging mental attack as she goes by. If that's unavailable, I stick to terrifying her.

You tried damaging her mind, but she didn't seem to react to anything.

You stuck to terrifying her, and slowly she started to peek around more, getting insecure by the minute. But no obvious terror.

You heard a doorbell being rung at the front door. You saw the woman look around one more time before moving.

===

Name: Hephaestus
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
XP: 0/40
---
HP: 30/30
---
Inventory:
$97

(Do you know what happened to iFool? He's permabanned or something. What kind of drama has he run into?)

"Oh, of course. You escaped from the police just to "talk". With me. Riiight", I reply through the door, keeping it locked.

"I'm after what you're after," you heard him say. You saw him standing in the living room, looking at you with his usual coloured arm. It was the same purple you saw, yet you heard two sources of his voice coming from the purple one and the one outside.

His mouth moved as he said, "Reshy and Favreu want you dead. I want them dead, and you should want them dead too."

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Name: Viet Anh
Superpower: Fire Manipulation
---
Biography: Born in a family of assassins who work for rich government pigs, he trained his whole life to be one but ran away after completing his first mission, killing people for money just isn't his thing.
---
---

(I was pretty happy to see this pop up in the Forum Games as well, missed the game. Did not know you were 14, that's rather amazing that you could manage something on that scale at 14 yrs old, def looking forward to this )

I instantly back away and summon fire in my hands, I throw fireballs at him and shout "I haven't done anything to you, why're you attacking me?".

iFoolthefab
iFoolthefab
1 posts
Nomad

(Do you know what happened to iFool? He's permabanned or something. What kind of drama has he run into?)

I call what happened to me injustice.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

As soon as you summoned the ice bolts, Cason stepped in front and brought his pet goo up, turning into a literal meat shield. The ice bolts were absorbed into the shield.

"Ax, what are you doing?!" Mr. Reagul shouted. "WE are helping YOU!"

You saw the goo turn into an icy blue phoenix right in front of your eyes.

"You are the victim here! You can help us!"

(Pet goo? Cason isn't a morphing guy)
I fire Ice bolts at the Phoenix. "How would you help me, and how would i help you?" I reply.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
Biography: Born in a family of assassins who work for rich government pigs, he trained his whole life to be one but ran away after completing his first mission, killing people for money just isn't his thing.
---
---

(I was pretty happy to see this pop up in the Forum Games as well, missed the game. Did not know you were 14, that's rather amazing that you could manage something on that scale at 14 yrs old, def looking forward to this)

Looking forward too!

I instantly back away and summon fire in my hands, I throw fireballs at him and shout "I haven't done anything to you, why're you attacking me?".

He moved to the side and laughed.

"You're the one who attacked first!"

He went to the side of the road and lunged from there.

===

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

(Pet goo? Cason isn't a morphing guy)
I fire Ice bolts at the Phoenix. "How would you help me, and how would i help you?" I reply.

(Cason doesn't morph, yes)

You saw the ice bolts stop just in front of the phoenix before they were melded into it.

"There's a cure for you. In turn, you help us stop them."

The phoenix's eyes were staring at you.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

---
---
---

He moved to the side and laughed.

"You're the one who attacked first!"

He went to the side of the road and lunged from there.

I wait for him to almost hit me and run off to the side, charging up a giant fireball.

"Wait, can we not talk about this? I don't want a fight."

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

You saw the ice bolts stop just in front of the phoenix before they were melded into it.

"There's a cure for you. In turn, you help us stop them."

The phoenix's eyes were staring at you.

"Them who?" I ask, now not attacking but still cautious.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Also, is it possible to add moves?

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---

I wait for him to almost hit me and run off to the side, charging up a giant fireball.

"Wait, can we not talk about this? I don't want a fight."

You dodged, and threw fireballs turn by turn. Slowly, you were gathering an audience and eventually a police siren somewhere in the distance.

"I'll see you again," he said as he seemed to meld into the ground.

You were surrounded by a crowd of people, now slowly dissipating.

===

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

Also, is it possible to add moves?

Yeah, sure. We'll see whether your character can perform such moves or not.

"Them who?" I ask, now not attacking but still cautious.

"The one who put the needles in your head. Them. The metal man. The electric woman. I saw your fight from afar-"

You saw a flash of white from your left and turned only to hear thunder crackle. You saw the same woman but in white. She was floating, looking at the three of you with electricity crawling around her body.

"Cason! Go!"

He brought his pet goo up and Mr. Reagul shifted away from the woman.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"The one who put the needles in your head. Them. The metal man. The electric woman. I saw your fight from afar-"

You saw a flash of white from your left and turned only to hear thunder crackle. You saw the same woman but in white. She was floating, looking at the three of you with electricity crawling around her body.

"Cason! Go!"

He brought his pet goo up and Mr. Reagul shifted away from the woman.

Hmm... I want to deal with those and want a cure, but the promise for the cure might not be genuine. I also didn't want to become his puppet or to be betrayed. Hm. I think.

"I guess this is no time to talk." I say as i cast Several Icicles, supporting Cason.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

Hmm... I want to deal with those and want a cure, but the promise for the cure might not be genuine. I also didn't want to become his puppet or to be betrayed. Hm. I think.

"I guess this is no time to talk." I say as i cast Several Icicles, supporting Cason.

You cast several icicles at the woman. She flicked her eyes towards them and blasted them all into bits with one electrical charge.

The woman was hit at the side with a spiked grey ball as she defended from you. She screamed as she pulled out the ball and crushed it into pieces. Cason was frowning.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

---
---
---

I run away and try to create fire from the palm of my hands and sole of my feet to somewhat boost me forward (or fly).

Showing 451-465 of 721