ForumsForum GamesThe Superhuman RPG (2016)

721 165563
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I allow as many players as possible. Registrations are open!

Now...

Does.. Does anyone remember The Superhuman RPG? Way back about 4 years ago?

I admit, I didn't think I would be opening this game again. But then I think of the fun I had hosting it when I was fourteen. I started this RPG back when I was thirteen, I believe, and it had been a blast to play with my players.

Now that I'm almost eighteen (at the time of this OP), maybe I want to give this another try.

If you are aware of what I do here in the forums (and I really mean, aware. So skip past if you don't know anything about me):

[My ideas are all fizzed out at the moment. I will continue to update, though it DEFINITELY will be infrequent. What I'm sure, though, is that The Superhuman requires more improvisation than my own story. So it takes less of an effort, not that it detracts from how much I want to host this game.]

---

"A human figure rose and fell, its chest swelling slightly. It looked up, not knowing what it would look at in this darkness. Then a voice spoke into its head, and the figure screamed out, its body writhing in pain.

The figure stepped out into the light. It breathed in..

And something small fell out of its womb.

And it breathed out. It smiled and more fell from its body.

And more.

And more."

"You kiddin' me?"

A thirteen-year-old boy jumped in shock, as he looked at the source of the voice that startled him.

A woman, sat opposite him, stared at him with a quizzical and mocking look.

"That's how the first superhuman came to be?" said the woman.

The boy nodded fervently. "Yes! You've gotta believe me!"

"This is ****ing ridiculous."

The woman stepped out as the boy continued to shout, pleading for her approval. She slammed the door behind and shook her head. She looked around, the city bustling about her.

Superhumans were everywhere. She saw a few men and women in a construction site, lifting fifteen-metre bars of metal in each hand, walking about. The woman could hear chattering and laughter among them.

Cars streaked by in front of her, but there were many, racing past the cars. A lot of them wore business suits, T-shirts, shorts, jeans. Normal people, she thought.

She heard a booming voice coming from her left. She turned and looked as the glass walls of the town hall burst into shards as the mayor stepped out to view, red fury in his face. She heard a sigh coming from behind the mayor as the glass shards floated back to where they originally were.

The woman heard another scream, something ten times softer than the booming voice, coming from in front of her as a man in black snatched a woman's purse away. The man looked back, summoned a flicker of flame and threw a ball of fire at the woman. She ducked out of the way and sent her hand out. The man grunted as his grip on the purse loosened. He put his hands to the sides of his head and screamed in agonizing pain. The woman picked her purse up and fired a shimmering wave of force at the man, knocking him towards the road.

Where did they come from? she thought.

---

I hope the story above can explain the setting and tone of this whole RPG.

Now, I allow as many players as possible. I will try to keep track of everyone, but I need to have you do something for me. First off, fill it this sheet.

Name: (Insert)
Sex: Male/Female
Superpower: (Anything within reason)
---
Biography: (Please keep it concise. I can't read walls and walls of text. It should include your past, personality and how you came to be in the present.)
---
Level: 1
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

Then, what I type below your sheet, please quote it and post it. I will also do the same for you.

---

I hope I can update once every day. I will try my best.

• 721 Replies
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Name: Axorez
Sex: Male
Superpower: Ice Magic
---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
Level: 2
XP: 5/40
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
HP: 30/30
---
Inventory:
$17.50

As soon as she disappeared from sight, you called the ambulance.

Ms. Pearl wasn't waking up during the downtime. The ambulance got here, and you were patched up by a paramedic. She was using regenerative powers on you.

(Full HP)

As she let you go, you felt your body heating up. You noticed your fingers letting off tiny wisps of smoke. No one seemed to notice.

I tell them about my smoking fingers, and ask what to do.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Name: Hephaestus
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
Level: 1
XP: 11/20
---
HP: 18/20
---
Inventory:
$97

A quarter of your way towards them, you realised the dome was already closing, though you saw the shade touch the water manipulator and seared part of his head. He fell back screaming before going unconscious. To your surprise, the dome was still up.
You made your way towards the center, none of the shades chasing nor grabbing your feet.
You made yourself to the center, and you saw a white spot with bits of white ashes strewn about. Throughout this time, you saw no sign of Matt.
As you looked around, you saw something above the white spot. A figure, holding another figure.
You could barely see its head as it turned to you and dropped the other figure.
It fell, becoming clearer that it wasn't Matt (if you hoped it was him). It was your assassin. He crash-landed in front of you, taking a last glance at you before falling unconscious. You didn't know whether he was alive or not.
The shades were all focused on the cops now. You saw a few white hands gripping onto a cop as you saw him fall among the crowd of shades. They weren't aiming for you at all.

I throw a quick glance at the man; if I see his gun, I pick it up. Then I look up at the white figure above, and yell "Stop this! Whatever you're doing, stop it! Let them be!", pointing at the cops as I say the last line.
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

I tell them about my smoking fingers, and ask what to do.

One of the paramedics came over to you.

"Kid, you've been.." he said. "Hit by one of them, didn't you?"

He told the rest of the team to be cautious as he guided you away from the ambulance and police.

"I shouldn't stay with you, but.." he sighed for a moment. "You've been stabbed in the head before, haven't you-"

Your hands started to flare, reaching up to your shoulders then to the rest of your body. The man couldn't scream for a second before you seared him into a crisp.

You felt eyes start to lay on you.

===

---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
XP: 0/40
---
---
Inventory:
$97

I throw a quick glance at the man; if I see his gun, I pick it up. Then I look up at the white figure above, and yell "Stop this! Whatever you're doing, stop it! Let them be!", pointing at the cops as I say the last line.

You looked up at the figure and said, "Stop this! Whatever you're doing, stop it! Let them be!"

The figure just looked back at you, and you seemed to hear two voices at once coming from it, booming throughout the park.

"Good to see you again, Tom."

You had an idea about who the voices belonged to, but you couldn't quite put a finger on it.

The figure disappeared along with the other shades.

(9 XP)

After hearing that voice, you felt energy surge through you.

Although you felt revitalized, you felt tired too.

===

Name: Dolan
Superpower: Control over Gravity
---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.

---
XP: 13/40
---
HP: 3/30
{IIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii}

I go and suck his head into the floor, trying to pin him with increased gravity once he's there, if he points his nearly chopped finger at me, I go and try to cut it with a razor ring.

I then wait and see what my partner is gonna do.

You sucked his head into the floor, and more screaming ensued. He was about to bring his finger on you when you chopped it right off. His hands were shaking, trying to grab hold of anything. Soon enough, he fell unconscious.

Your partner was breathing heavily as he got up.

"D-dude," he said. "You know what you've done? I-I work for him. We were supposed to bring the jewellery to him and sell it off."

He brought his hands up to his head and walked around in panic.

(6 XP)

"Now the whole gang is gonna come after us!"

The front door was open, and you felt fatigue starting to take over you.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

You looked up at the figure and said, "Stop this! Whatever you're doing, stop it! Let them be!"
The figure just looked back at you, and you seemed to hear two voices at once coming from it, booming throughout the park.
"Good to see you again, Tom."
You had an idea about who the voices belonged to, but you couldn't quite put a finger on it.
The figure disappeared along with the other shades.
(9 XP)
After hearing that voice, you felt energy surge through you.
Although you felt revitalized, you felt tired too.

Ooh, so that was Matt's final form ^^ Nice.

I feel almost like being more powerful than before, but also too tired to try out things just yet. Also, we're not out of the park yet, either. I check the pulse of the man on the ground, to see if he's still alive. If he is, I remain close to him, ready to knock him out should he recover his senses. I also look in the direction of the cops, and if they don't look too beat, I call their attention to the man. If he's still alive, he'll have some explaining to do!
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

'How... no, why?' I think, not outnloud. I freeze.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

Ooh, so that was Matt's final form ^^ Nice.

You recalled that Matt didn't know your name, Tom. If you've already told him about your name (through explaining the hallucination event), from your knowledge, he could only control electricity.

The mashup of two voices you heard wasn't Matt's though they were familiar.

I feel almost like being more powerful than before, but also too tired to try out things just yet. Also, we're not out of the park yet, either. I check the pulse of the man on the ground, to see if he's still alive. If he is, I remain close to him, ready to knock him out should he recover his senses. I also look in the direction of the cops, and if they don't look too beat, I call their attention to the man. If he's still alive, he'll have some explaining to do!

You checked his pulse.

He was alive. In fact, a few seconds afterwards, you heard his voice.

"What a Samaritan you are."

As you looked back, his eyes were closed and his body unmoving.

The cops weren't so hurt. None of them were hurt, but they were moving like they were. You saw two cops die in front of your eyes, and that was it.

And still no sign of Matt.

===

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

'How... no, why?' I think, not outnloud. I freeze.

You saw one of the police start to rush towards you with cuffs.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

You recalled that Matt didn't know your name, Tom. If you've already told him about your name (through explaining the hallucination event), from your knowledge, he could only control electricity.

Right. You're right. I just thought this could be a kind of super 'pure thunder form' or something. Better than being the bits of smoldering white ash any day...

The mashup of two voices you heard wasn't Matt's though they were familiar.

*sudden realization kicks in* Riiight. How were they called again? Laurel and Hardy? No... Favreu and Reshy! That's it. Might have been them. Still doesn't make perfect sense, but I probably just forgot half of what happened

You checked his pulse.
He was alive. In fact, a few seconds afterwards, you heard his voice.
"What a Samaritan you are."
As you looked back, his eyes were closed and his body unmoving.
The cops weren't so hurt. None of them were hurt, but they were moving like they were. You saw two cops die in front of your eyes, and that was it.
And still no sign of Matt.

In my frustration I give the corpse of the man one good kick, then turn towards the cops and ask those who came first about what happened. If no one knows about Matt's whereabouts, I urge them to help me search the park for any trace of Matt, in the hopes he might actually be lying unconscious somewhere; I'll go either way, with or without them.
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

You saw one of the police start to rush towards you with cuffs.

I let them. I guess it's of little point talking here, and it'd be better to answer questions interrogated. I comply with them if there's something they need.
(chance to become supervillain yiss?)

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

Right. You're right. I just thought this could be a kind of super 'pure thunder form' or something. Better than being the bits of smoldering white ash any day...

Man, it'll be the loudest night in your entire (in-game) life if you'd come across Matt in a thunder form.

*sudden realization kicks in* Riiight. How were they called again? Laurel and Hardy? No... Favreu and Reshy! That's it. Might have been them. Still doesn't make perfect sense, but I probably just forgot half of what happened

We'll see in time.

In my frustration I give the corpse of the man one good kick, then turn towards the cops and ask those who came first about what happened. If no one knows about Matt's whereabouts, I urge them to help me search the park for any trace of Matt, in the hopes he might actually be lying unconscious somewhere; I'll go either way, with or without them.

You gave your dead assassin a kick only to have him cough and fall unconscious again.

You asked the first cops who came what happened.

"When we arrived," said one of the pretty chubby ones. "It was smelly. The park's got the white spot there."

No one knew about Matt's whereabouts, but they were willing to help.

You and the cops spread out, searching for Matt. It took you half an hour to reach a conclusion that-

"We can't find him," J the nervous cop said. "I'm sorry-"

"What'll we do with this one?" Petre said as he pointed towards the assassin.

===

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

I let them. I guess it's of little point talking here, and it'd be better to answer questions interrogated. I comply with them if there's something they need.
(chance to become supervillain yiss?)

(Who knows? It's your choice. You're not obligated to play good. iFool freakin' broke into a jewellery store.)

The cop suddenly slowed down, truly seeing what happened. First, his face was an expression of shock.

Then fury.

You saw his hand turn into a pincer as he ran towards you, forgetting around the cuffs.

===

---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.

---
---

"Eh?"
"So this visit here was planned? After robbing me you were coming straight here?"

"And why exactly did your boss smash your skull into that case?"

"Either way, I suppose we can make amends, I mean you, with your gang."
"The guy's not gonna die, as long as there are any healers on your gang he should be fine, though a little mad at you, he'll learn some manners atleast, if there isn't a healer, go get his fingers and keep them with you, they might be able to reattach them to his hands."

"So, do you want me to come here with my car or something?"
"Or do you want to kill and leave the poor iFool here?"
I wait and see how he will respond, if he responds saying he wants me to come with my car, I go and leave for my car, telling him to get the jewelry, and depending if he has healers on his gang or not, I may or may not tell him to get the guy's fingers.
I also prepare to slow him down with gravity if he decides to suddenly attack me.

"So this visit here was planned? After robbing me you were coming straight here?"

"And why exactly did your boss smash your skull into that case?"

Your partner frowned and shook his head. "I needed something to give to my boss. The jewellery store was kind of a second plan. It's just that he appeared here suddenly, probably to mess with me again."

You got the sense that your partner was like a jester to him.

You could feel his panic as he progressively spoke faster with each word.

"Either way, I suppose we can make amends, I mean you, with your gang."

"HOW?!" He was staring at you, bewildered.

You instinctively swallowed your saliva.

"So, do you want me to come here with my car or something?"

He nodded.

"Or do you want to kill and leave the poor iFool here?"

"Whether I kill him or not, the gang will find out and come after me."

You asked him if the gang had any healers.

"I.." he said. "I don't think so. Not that I know of-"

"You're talking about the fingers? It doesn't matter. Those healers will get his fingers back in minutes. There's no point."

You got to your car, checking that it was safe to move out. He collected what he could carry and put the treasure in the boot and sat next to you.

"What now?"

His eyes were still wandering around with panic.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

(Maybe i will after having much more power)

The cop suddenly slowed down, truly seeing what happened. First, his face was an expression of shock.

Then fury.

You saw his hand turn into a pincer as he ran towards you, forgetting around the cuffs.

(Scizor-Man! No.)
I dodge when he attacks, to the side where his other hand isn't. I quickly scan the surroundings.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
HP: 27/30
---
Inventory:
$17.50

(Maybe i will after having much more power)

(Life of an angsty teenage superhuman.)

I dodge when he attacks, to the side where his other hand isn't. I quickly scan the surroundings.

You dodged to the side and saw a few more policemen rushing towards you, shouting out to the policeman to stop. Clearly he wasn't going to stop.

You felt a sting at your back as he stabbed at you slightly.

(-3 HP)

It pushed you a few feet away as well.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

(Life of an angsty teenage superhuman.)

Not really angsty though.

You dodged to the side and saw a few more policemen rushing towards you, shouting out to the policeman to stop. Clearly he wasn't going to stop.

You felt a sting at your back as he stabbed at you slightly.

(-3 HP)

It pushed you a few feet away as well.

I stall for time, dodging my best and occasionally firing non-lethal frost breaths to slow him down. If he gets too close, i fire off an ice bolt with purpose of catching him off guard.

Haysford at like 4 AM tomorrow, but since you won't let me interfere because that would cause problems since I could meet a future Hephaestus

Isn't HahiHa with some polices too? It'd not be that easy. Also, i wonder how your character would know a player is there :/ not the best roleplay.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---

---
---

"We get out."
I tell him as I start the car and start driving a safe distance from the place, watching out for anything suspicious.

I then ask him a few questions along the way.

"Hey, ever heard of Todd the Todd or something? Apparently 3 of those guys came and tried to kill me, they said I was wanted, do you know anything about this?"

"And do you want to meet again or do you want to part ways?"
If he responds positively I ask where he wants to meet, if he's unsure I suggest Haysford at like 4 AM tomorrow, but since you won't let me interfere because that would cause problems since I could meet a future Hephaestus, which would be really bad, just make me say some generic park at 4 AM tomorrow.
If he responds negatively I reply with "Alright then."

"What is the name of your gang?"
"And what do you pretend to do now?"

Once we get to a distant enough place I ask him: "So where do you want me to drop you off?"

You stepped on the gas pedal.

"Hey, ever heard of Todd the Todd or something? Apparently 3 of those guys came and tried to kill me, they said I was wanted, do you know anything about this?"

"Hmm," the man said. "Not sure."

"And do you want to meet again or do you want to part ways?"

"Sure we can meet again. I've nowhere to go after pissing a whole gang off."

Eventually, he'd want to stay at your place.

"What is the name of your gang?"

"My gang's name? Not particularly special. I think it was the Scorpions or something."

"And what do you pretend to do now?"

"I don't know. I'm still going to steal. Not from you, cause' I know I'll die."

You spent the rest of your time driving. You were so tired that you almost hit a car just now.

When you got home, you opened the door only to see your house trashed (Gettin' lil' bit dat deja VU).

===

---
---
XP: 7/40
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

I stall for time, dodging my best and occasionally firing non-lethal frost breaths to slow him down. If he gets too close, i fire off an ice bolt with purpose of catching him off guard.

You blew out frost breaths, forcing the policeman to stumble back. He didn't stumble back enough for him to freeze in solid ice.

You were shackled soon after, along with the man after the ice block was melted by someone with fire.

(2 XP)

You were escorted by two policemen. Along the way, you felt your hands heating up again.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

You gave your dead assassin a kick only to have him cough and fall unconscious again.
You asked the first cops who came what happened.
"When we arrived," said one of the pretty chubby ones. "It was smelly. The park's got the white spot there."
No one knew about Matt's whereabouts, but they were willing to help.
You and the cops spread out, searching for Matt. It took you half an hour to reach a conclusion that-
"We can't find him," J the nervous cop said. "I'm sorry-"
"What'll we do with this one?" Petre said as he pointed towards the assassin.

"You're policemen, aren't you? Do your job. He tried to kill me and is partly responsible for this ugly business. I'm afraid he wasn't the head behind it, though... Oh, be sure to check his phone if he still has it. He called someone right after shooting at me but before coming here."

There's one more thing I want to try... I go back to the bits of white ash that remained on the ground, put my hand on a larger heap, and concentrate my thoughts on it. Maybe I can sense something, its origins, or what exactly it is? Something like ash divination, I guess. I feel stupid doing it, but I can't go without at least trying.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Just check the figure he dropped already!

The figure that got dropped was my assassin, dropped by this double-tongued white ghost-thing. There was no other figure involved.
Showing 421-435 of 721