ForumsForum GamesThe Superhuman RPG (2016)

721 165761
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I allow as many players as possible. Registrations are open!

Now...

Does.. Does anyone remember The Superhuman RPG? Way back about 4 years ago?

I admit, I didn't think I would be opening this game again. But then I think of the fun I had hosting it when I was fourteen. I started this RPG back when I was thirteen, I believe, and it had been a blast to play with my players.

Now that I'm almost eighteen (at the time of this OP), maybe I want to give this another try.

If you are aware of what I do here in the forums (and I really mean, aware. So skip past if you don't know anything about me):

[My ideas are all fizzed out at the moment. I will continue to update, though it DEFINITELY will be infrequent. What I'm sure, though, is that The Superhuman requires more improvisation than my own story. So it takes less of an effort, not that it detracts from how much I want to host this game.]

---

"A human figure rose and fell, its chest swelling slightly. It looked up, not knowing what it would look at in this darkness. Then a voice spoke into its head, and the figure screamed out, its body writhing in pain.

The figure stepped out into the light. It breathed in..

And something small fell out of its womb.

And it breathed out. It smiled and more fell from its body.

And more.

And more."

"You kiddin' me?"

A thirteen-year-old boy jumped in shock, as he looked at the source of the voice that startled him.

A woman, sat opposite him, stared at him with a quizzical and mocking look.

"That's how the first superhuman came to be?" said the woman.

The boy nodded fervently. "Yes! You've gotta believe me!"

"This is ****ing ridiculous."

The woman stepped out as the boy continued to shout, pleading for her approval. She slammed the door behind and shook her head. She looked around, the city bustling about her.

Superhumans were everywhere. She saw a few men and women in a construction site, lifting fifteen-metre bars of metal in each hand, walking about. The woman could hear chattering and laughter among them.

Cars streaked by in front of her, but there were many, racing past the cars. A lot of them wore business suits, T-shirts, shorts, jeans. Normal people, she thought.

She heard a booming voice coming from her left. She turned and looked as the glass walls of the town hall burst into shards as the mayor stepped out to view, red fury in his face. She heard a sigh coming from behind the mayor as the glass shards floated back to where they originally were.

The woman heard another scream, something ten times softer than the booming voice, coming from in front of her as a man in black snatched a woman's purse away. The man looked back, summoned a flicker of flame and threw a ball of fire at the woman. She ducked out of the way and sent her hand out. The man grunted as his grip on the purse loosened. He put his hands to the sides of his head and screamed in agonizing pain. The woman picked her purse up and fired a shimmering wave of force at the man, knocking him towards the road.

Where did they come from? she thought.

---

I hope the story above can explain the setting and tone of this whole RPG.

Now, I allow as many players as possible. I will try to keep track of everyone, but I need to have you do something for me. First off, fill it this sheet.

Name: (Insert)
Sex: Male/Female
Superpower: (Anything within reason)
---
Biography: (Please keep it concise. I can't read walls and walls of text. It should include your past, personality and how you came to be in the present.)
---
Level: 1
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

Then, what I type below your sheet, please quote it and post it. I will also do the same for you.

---

I hope I can update once every day. I will try my best.

• 721 Replies
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Name: Hephaestus
Sex: Male
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
Level: 2
XP: 0/40
---
HP: 30/30
---
Inventory:
$97

"Reshy and Favreu. They are supposed to be buried here. If you can tell us anything about them, we'll leave. "

"Reshy?" the voice said. "Favreu? They are both here. I can sense them. I said, leave!"

The word 'leave' echoed throughout the cemetery, and you saw three hands come out of their graves. You saw one with a speck of fire floating on top of its finger.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Name: Axorez
Superpower: Ice Magic
---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
XP: 7/40
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
HP: 28/30
---
Inventory:
$17.50

(Oh yeah. I didn't seem to explain it too well. Fae was knocked out by Sully, as if you never saw him touch her even once.)

I thought she and Cason double KO'd. Welp.

You went to the nearest phone and called the ambulance. Mr. Sully went over to Reagul and stared at his face.

After an apparent mourning session, he went over to Fae's and Cason's unconscious bodies and stood over them, watching them.

"Ax," he said. "Could you tell me what happened?"

"It's a long story," I say, "What will you do with them?" I ask and glance over to the two bodies.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"It's a long story," I say, "What will you do with them?" I ask and glance over to the two bodies.

"Well," Mr. Sully said. "Seeing as I don't know either of them, I'll give them to the police. Pretty simple."

You already sirens coming from outside.

"What's the collar for? Never thought you were some goth kinda guy," he said as he smiled.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"Well," Mr. Sully said. "Seeing as I don't know either of them, I'll give them to the police. Pretty simple."

You already sirens coming from outside.

"What's the collar for? Never thought you were some goth kinda guy," he said as he smiled.

"Well... I was kidnapped. When i regained consciousness it was already on my neck. I haven't been able to take it off." I am wary if he has sorted it out and prepare to dodge anything.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

"Reshy?" the voice said. "Favreu? They are both here. I can sense them. I said, leave!"

The word 'leave' echoed throughout the cemetery, and you saw three hands come out of their graves. You saw one with a speck of fire floating on top of its finger.

I try to feel how Den feels, and think to him, <What do we do? I don't expect your powers to work on reanimated corpses...>
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"Well... I was kidnapped. When i regained consciousness it was already on my neck. I haven't been able to take it off." I am wary if he has sorted it out and prepare to dodge anything.

"Ah," Mr. Sully said as the sirens got louder and stopped in front of the school. "You need to get them here. I can take care of myself. Go, quick."

You saw from the windows of the office, policemen wielding pistols as they entered the school.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

I try to feel how Den feels, and think to him, <What do we do? I don't expect your powers to work on reanimated corpses...>

<I don't expect it one bit,> Den thought as he moved to the side.

"Where are they?!" Den shouted. "Show me their graves or I won't leave!"

"They are at rest-"

"I know they are at rest. I want to see their bodies."

You saw a fire bolt hit Den by the side. He staggered off and tried to put out the flames. You saw three rotting figures standing a good distance from you; one wielding fire balls, another wielding its own bones and another holding a keyboard.

Den uttered a "Huh" as you (presumably) thought what a zombie would and could do with a keyboard. The three workers were unsure about that, but they shifted their attention to the fire and bone wielders. Josef and Paul were backed up. They both had nothing to offer to the fight.

But you saw Polish with fur.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"Ah," Mr. Sully said as the sirens got louder and stopped in front of the school. "You need to get them here. I can take care of myself. Go, quick."

You saw from the windows of the office, policemen wielding pistols as they entered the school.

"Them who?"

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"Them who?"

"The police-"

You heard doors being banged over, and commands shouted out by voices from the outside.

Mr. Sully walked over to the door and opened it, slightly peeking out from the office.

"Sirs!" he shouted, bringing in the attention of five policemen. "There is a dead body and two unconscious ones here!"

One almost shot him, but the rest were heading to the office right now. Your gut started to feel bad, and your heart started to race.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"The police-"

You heard doors being banged over, and commands shouted out by voices from the outside.

Mr. Sully walked over to the door and opened it, slightly peeking out from the office.

"Sirs!" he shouted, bringing in the attention of five policemen. "There is a dead body and two unconscious ones here!"

One almost shot him, but the rest were heading to the office right now. Your gut started to feel bad, and your heart started to race.

I try to ignore my feels. I also just wait.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

I try to ignore my feels. I also just wait.

As the cops opened the door, you recognised one of them. And he did too.

"Hey," he said. "It's the kid that took one of us down!"

Slowly, five pistols were turning towards your face.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

Polish with fur.

Heh. Good one.

<I don't expect it one bit,> Den thought as he moved to the side.
"Where are they?!" Den shouted. "Show me their graves or I won't leave!"
"They are at rest-"
"I know they are at rest. I want to see their bodies."
You saw a fire bolt hit Den by the side. He staggered off and tried to put out the flames. You saw three rotting figures standing a good distance from you; one wielding fire balls, another wielding its own bones and another holding a keyboard.
Den uttered a "Huh" as you (presumably) thought what a zombie would and could do with a keyboard. The three workers were unsure about that, but they shifted their attention to the fire and bone wielders. Josef and Paul were backed up. They both had nothing to offer to the fight.
But you saw Polish with fur.

Neat, my first fight as level 2. I'll start easy, though: I turn my skin into a thick layer of ash, which should protect me from fire, and run towards the flame-wielding undead, ready to strike him down.
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

Heh. Good one.

I don't know the reference.

Neat, my first fight as level 2. I'll start easy, though: I turn my skin into a thick layer of ash, which should protect me from fire, and run towards the flame-wielding undead, ready to strike him down.

(You were waiting for it, right? Hehe..)

As you started running towards the fire undead, something hard knocked into you, forcing you to stagger to the side. You weren't hurt, but it knocked you off balance. You saw a broken tibia on the ground.

You heard a gunshot from Den and the fire undead took the shot in the head. It lay on the ground, unmoving.

The undead with the keyboard was still standing there with the keyboard, apparently typing.

Slowly.

You saw Polish's form become a full-fledged werewolf, like in the old tales. It ran towards the bone wielder, who was ready to form something.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

As the cops opened the door, you recognised one of them. And he did too.

"Hey," he said. "It's the kid that took one of us down!"

Slowly, five pistols were turning towards your face.

"It was not my intention to do that." I say and do what they ask me to.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"It was not my intention to do that." I say and do what they ask me to.

"Get down on the floor-"

You got down onto the floor.

"Hey!" Mr. Sully shouted. "What did he do-"

"Wanted for murder," one of them said. "Now shut up!"

Mr. Sully suddenly rushed towards one of the cops and knocked him out cold, grabbing his pistol and and aiming at the four other cops.

"He didn't do anything," he said as one of the cops started pulling the trigger.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"Get down on the floor-"

You got down onto the floor.

"Hey!" Mr. Sully shouted. "What did he do-"

"Wanted for murder," one of them said. "Now shut up!"

Mr. Sully suddenly rushed towards one of the cops and knocked him out cold, grabbing his pistol and and aiming at the four other cops.

"He didn't do anything," he said as one of the cops started pulling the trigger.

As i saw how they're going to kill on sight and not capture, I prepare to dodge. I hope it's not too late.

Before that, i also say, "I killed someone, but it was not my intention. It was not a murder. Sometimes, destructive fire would pop up in my hands. I do not know why that happens."

Showing 526-540 of 721