ForumsForum GamesThe Superhuman RPG (2016)

721 165855
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I allow as many players as possible. Registrations are open!

Now...

Does.. Does anyone remember The Superhuman RPG? Way back about 4 years ago?

I admit, I didn't think I would be opening this game again. But then I think of the fun I had hosting it when I was fourteen. I started this RPG back when I was thirteen, I believe, and it had been a blast to play with my players.

Now that I'm almost eighteen (at the time of this OP), maybe I want to give this another try.

If you are aware of what I do here in the forums (and I really mean, aware. So skip past if you don't know anything about me):

[My ideas are all fizzed out at the moment. I will continue to update, though it DEFINITELY will be infrequent. What I'm sure, though, is that The Superhuman requires more improvisation than my own story. So it takes less of an effort, not that it detracts from how much I want to host this game.]

---

"A human figure rose and fell, its chest swelling slightly. It looked up, not knowing what it would look at in this darkness. Then a voice spoke into its head, and the figure screamed out, its body writhing in pain.

The figure stepped out into the light. It breathed in..

And something small fell out of its womb.

And it breathed out. It smiled and more fell from its body.

And more.

And more."

"You kiddin' me?"

A thirteen-year-old boy jumped in shock, as he looked at the source of the voice that startled him.

A woman, sat opposite him, stared at him with a quizzical and mocking look.

"That's how the first superhuman came to be?" said the woman.

The boy nodded fervently. "Yes! You've gotta believe me!"

"This is ****ing ridiculous."

The woman stepped out as the boy continued to shout, pleading for her approval. She slammed the door behind and shook her head. She looked around, the city bustling about her.

Superhumans were everywhere. She saw a few men and women in a construction site, lifting fifteen-metre bars of metal in each hand, walking about. The woman could hear chattering and laughter among them.

Cars streaked by in front of her, but there were many, racing past the cars. A lot of them wore business suits, T-shirts, shorts, jeans. Normal people, she thought.

She heard a booming voice coming from her left. She turned and looked as the glass walls of the town hall burst into shards as the mayor stepped out to view, red fury in his face. She heard a sigh coming from behind the mayor as the glass shards floated back to where they originally were.

The woman heard another scream, something ten times softer than the booming voice, coming from in front of her as a man in black snatched a woman's purse away. The man looked back, summoned a flicker of flame and threw a ball of fire at the woman. She ducked out of the way and sent her hand out. The man grunted as his grip on the purse loosened. He put his hands to the sides of his head and screamed in agonizing pain. The woman picked her purse up and fired a shimmering wave of force at the man, knocking him towards the road.

Where did they come from? she thought.

---

I hope the story above can explain the setting and tone of this whole RPG.

Now, I allow as many players as possible. I will try to keep track of everyone, but I need to have you do something for me. First off, fill it this sheet.

Name: (Insert)
Sex: Male/Female
Superpower: (Anything within reason)
---
Biography: (Please keep it concise. I can't read walls and walls of text. It should include your past, personality and how you came to be in the present.)
---
Level: 1
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

Then, what I type below your sheet, please quote it and post it. I will also do the same for you.

---

I hope I can update once every day. I will try my best.

• 721 Replies
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Name: Axorez
Sex: Male
Superpower: Ice Magic
---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
Level: 2
XP: 20/40
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
HP: 24/30
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"That's your cure," the boss said from a speaker nearby. "Kill it. Take its blood."

The creature flew up, and you saw a wave of fire rush over the room towards you (to stop you from dodging).

I cast several icicles, and throw them while firing ice bolts at it. I throw the icicles around the creature, but fire the ice bolt at the creature.

If the creature gets close, i fire exclusively ice bolts at it, repeatedly.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

I cast several icicles, and throw them while firing ice bolts at it. I throw the icicles around the creature, but fire the ice bolt at the creature.

If the creature gets close, i fire exclusively ice bolts at it, repeatedly.

Let me try and rephrase this a little better (because I did such a poor job explaining the setting).

You're in a somewhat circular room, about four times bigger than the prison-like room you were in. It's almost like a colosseum.

The floor is concrete. There is a ceiling about ten metres away from the floor and you barely see tiny holes in the circular room. There are no doors you could see.

The fire wave came from the tiny holes like walls going to trap and squeeze you to death. The creature flew up just to avoid the fire wave.

I'm sorry, man. Didn't explain it well.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

Let me try and rephrase this a little better (because I did such a poor job explaining the setting).

You're in a somewhat circular room, about four times bigger than the prison-like room you were in. It's almost like a colosseum.

The floor is concrete. There is a ceiling about ten metres away from the floor and you barely see tiny holes in the circular room. There are no doors you could see.

The fire wave came from the tiny holes like walls going to trap and squeeze you to death. The creature flew up just to avoid the fire wave.

I'm sorry, man. Didn't explain it well.

(Np. That was much different)
I create an Ice slab at the creature, repeatedly. If it does a range attack, I redirect the ice slab into the attack in an attempt to block it. If it gets close, i fire an ice bolt.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

(Np. That was much different)
I create an Ice slab at the creature, repeatedly. If it does a range attack, I redirect the ice slab into the attack in an attempt to block it. If it gets close, i fire an ice bolt.

You're going to get roasted by the fire wave if you don't do anything. It's coming from the room. It's like a death wall in the dumpster area in Star Wars IV.

You created ice slabs around the creature, blocking its view. It melted most of your slabs and spits a ball of fire at you. Even with the impending scorching of your body, you summon another ice slab to block the fireball.

It's starting to get hot in here.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

You're going to get roasted by the fire wave if you don't do anything. It's coming from the room. It's like a death wall in the dumpster area in Star Wars IV.

You created ice slabs around the creature, blocking its view. It melted most of your slabs and spits a ball of fire at you. Even with the impending scorching of your body, you summon another ice slab to block the fireball.

It's starting to get hot in here.

I was under the assumption the fire doesn't move and would just stay in place.

I see if there's a gap on the fire waves. If not, I guess offense is the best defense. Ice bolt is the only way ice can travel very far before being melted, so I fire ice bolts at it.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Name: Hephaestus
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
XP: 0/40
---
HP: 29/30
---
Inventory:
$97

You ran after the undead only to have your legs hooked underneath and get tripped.
(-1 HP)
There were bones at your feet. You turned to see the bone undead brandishing its bony blades and a downed werewolf.

"I guess the werewolves from the stories were over-exaggerated after all..." I mutter.

<Den, can you shoot the keyboard undead before he does his paralyzing melody again?>

I reinforce my ash carapace, inhale deeply, blow a thick cloud of ash at the bone undead and charge it sideways, spiky fists ready to strike.
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

I was under the assumption the fire doesn't move and would just stay in place.

I see if there's a gap on the fire waves. If not, I guess offense is the best defense. Ice bolt is the only way ice can travel very far before being melted, so I fire ice bolts at it.

Thank God it was moving slowly, because the ice bolts didn't do anything. You did see the fire dim SLIGHTLY.

The flying snake-eagle creature was laughing at you with a screechy voice.

===

---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
---
HP: 27/30
---
Inventory:
$97

"I guess the werewolves from the stories were over-exaggerated after all..." I mutter.

<Den, can you shoot the keyboard undead before he does his paralyzing melody again?>

I reinforce my ash carapace, inhale deeply, blow a thick cloud of ash at the bone undead and charge it sideways, spiky fists ready to strike.

(Oh, you were thinking of musical keyboards. I was talking about computer keyboards.)

<If it can get to it,> Den thought as he fired a shot at the keyboard undead. You saw bits erupted from its head as it fell to the ground.

You reinforced your ash armour, blew a thick cloud of ash and moved to the side before charging with spiky fists. You didn't know whether the cloud did a good job or not, but you managed to strike at the undead.

It seemed taken aback, dropping its bone blades. You managed one punch to the shoulder that broke into pieces before the undead used its broken bones to form a thin wall between you and it. It could withstand your weight, seeing that you were pushed back slightly.

Out of nowhere, a bone-coloured hammer twice the size of the undead itself smacked your side, breaking the ash armour entirely. It shook your bones a bit.

(-2 HP)

The undead brought back the hammer only to make another strike from above.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

(Oh, you were thinking of musical keyboards. I was talking about computer keyboards.)

Oh, I see, haha. Reality hacking, eh? Neat.

<If it can get to it,> Den thought as he fired a shot at the keyboard undead. You saw bits erupted from its head as it fell to the ground.
You reinforced your ash armour, blew a thick cloud of ash and moved to the side before charging with spiky fists. You didn't know whether the cloud did a good job or not, but you managed to strike at the undead.
It seemed taken aback, dropping its bone blades. You managed one punch to the shoulder that broke into pieces before the undead used its broken bones to form a thin wall between you and it. It could withstand your weight, seeing that you were pushed back slightly.
Out of nowhere, a bone-coloured hammer twice the size of the undead itself smacked your side, breaking the ash armour entirely. It shook your bones a bit.
(-2 HP)
The undead brought back the hammer only to make another strike from above.

(Let the Hammer Fall! \m/ ^^)

I roll aside to avoid the hammer strike. Then, putting my hands flat on the ground, I try to sense any ash in the ground around me and the undead. It's a graveyard after all, so I expect there to be some ash urns around. If I can feel sufficient quantities of ash in the graves and if I can tap into that ash with my will, I try to bring it up to the surface, then form two big fists on either side of the undead, and smash them together.

I know it's an ugly thing to do, and the talking graveyard will definitely hate me for it (IF I manage to pull this off, that is), but to fight a giant hammer-wielding undead, I need more material...
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

Oh, I see, haha. Reality hacking, eh? Neat.

There IS a limit to it. If he had an unreal WPM, you're all dead.

Some of the keys are missing too.

I roll aside to avoid the hammer strike. Then, putting my hands flat on the ground, I try to sense any ash in the ground around me and the undead. It's a graveyard after all, so I expect there to be some ash urns around. If I can feel sufficient quantities of ash in the graves and if I can tap into that ash with my will, I try to bring it up to the surface, then form two big fists on either side of the undead, and smash them together.

I know it's an ugly thing to do, and the talking graveyard will definitely hate me for it (IF I manage to pull this off, that is), but to fight a giant hammer-wielding undead, I need more material...

The dead would definitely hate you with that ash move.

But I honestly wouldn't.

You rolled to the side (oh boy another one of those Axorez moves! [pls dont hate me]) and put your hands flat on the ground. You sensed a few urns with ash and brought up what you could. You could either form one big fist or two medium-sized fists.

Regardless, you sent the fists at it faster than it could bring its hammer up.

You heard a voice coming from the undead, its source coming from the broken body yet unknown.

"C'mon, Gerth. Just let'em do what they want.."

The voice faded.

The voice from the sky, Gerth, boomed out. "Reshy! Favreu! They want to see you."

You saw two badly burned bodies popping out somewhere in the distance. They were moving towards you, but they didn't seem to be doing anything. You couldn't distinguish them, but you heard Reshy's voice.

"What?"

<I think it's a ruse,> Den thought.

(that name gerth totally isnt a jab at one of my previous rpgs)

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

Thank God it was moving slowly, because the ice bolts didn't do anything. You did see the fire dim SLIGHTLY.

The flying snake-eagle creature was laughing at you with a screechy voice.

It's toying around? I create some Ice Slabs, then throw it all at once. If he's melting some of them during the creation process, I fire a constant stream of frost breath while making ice slabs.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

It's toying around? I create some Ice Slabs, then throw it all at once. If he's melting some of them during the creation process, I fire a constant stream of frost breath while making ice slabs.

You created a few ice slabs, throwing them all at once like a shotgun blast. It simply moved out of the way, elegantly and smoothly-

"Just freakin' freeze yourself," Fae's voice came from one of the speakers. "The chimera snob won't do anything-"

"What did I say about talking to him?" You heard the boss's voice from behind.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

You created a few ice slabs, throwing them all at once like a shotgun blast. It simply moved out of the way, elegantly and smoothly-

"Just freakin' freeze yourself," Fae's voice came from one of the speakers. "The chimera snob won't do anything-"

"What did I say about talking to him?" You heard the boss's voice from behind.

(Is it me heavily underestimating my ice powers or was it something else?)

Is she kidding? Ice'd melt on such fires. The boss' reaction though. Is it actually the answer?
Or does he just want to test me? I can try it out as a last resort.

I try to create three homing ice balls, and fire one straight at it, and two arcing to it. If it misses, it should be able to turn around and home to it again.
(Yay for improvisation?)

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
HP: 4/30
---
Inventory:
$17.50

(Is it me heavily underestimating my ice powers or was it something else?)

Probably.

Is she kidding? Ice'd melt on such fires. The boss' reaction though. Is it actually the answer?
Or does he just want to test me? I can try it out as a last resort.

I try to create three homing ice balls, and fire one straight at it, and two arcing to it. If it misses, it should be able to turn around and home to it again.
(Yay for improvisation?)

(Ah, screw it.)

The fire wave eventually got to you, burning you to a crisp.

(-20 HP)

"The chimera has nothing to do with the fire wave, you idiot!" Fae said. While burning to a crisp, you did hear the boss sigh.

The fire wave ended, your skin charred like cooked skewered meat. You could still move around, but with limps. The eagle-snake landed onto the ground only to have walls built up around you.

Like a maze.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
HP: 4/30
---
Inventory:
$17.50

Probably.

Well that's not the most telling answer. Maybe you just want me to try things out.

The fire wave eventually got to you, burning you to a crisp.

(-20 HP)

"The chimera has nothing to do with the fire wave, you idiot!" Fae said. While burning to a crisp, you did hear the boss sigh.

The fire wave ended, your skin charred like cooked skewered meat. You could still move around, but with limps. The eagle-snake landed onto the ground only to have walls built up around you.

Like a maze.

...Was that really the answer? What? The fire wave also ended instead of melting me. What is going on? What are they doing?

I tread on, on the verge of giving up. What am i doing here? I have nothing, or any goals, for that matter. I think of the meaning of life.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
HP: 14/30
---
Inventory:
$17.50

...Was that really the answer? What? The fire wave also ended instead of melting me. What is going on? What are they doing?

I tread on, on the verge of giving up. What am i doing here? I have nothing, or any goals, for that matter. I think of the meaning of life.

Somewhere inside you, there was something that refused your body from burning, and specifically burning.

You thought of the meaning of life, and you felt your fingertips shaking with energy. To live, you thought.

(10 HP)

The invigorating feeling of life was gone, but you felt electricity flowing throughout you as you saw the chimera fly over you, about to shoot something.

Showing 556-570 of 721