ForumsForum GamesThe Superhuman RPG (2016)

721 165854
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I allow as many players as possible. Registrations are open!

Now...

Does.. Does anyone remember The Superhuman RPG? Way back about 4 years ago?

I admit, I didn't think I would be opening this game again. But then I think of the fun I had hosting it when I was fourteen. I started this RPG back when I was thirteen, I believe, and it had been a blast to play with my players.

Now that I'm almost eighteen (at the time of this OP), maybe I want to give this another try.

If you are aware of what I do here in the forums (and I really mean, aware. So skip past if you don't know anything about me):

[My ideas are all fizzed out at the moment. I will continue to update, though it DEFINITELY will be infrequent. What I'm sure, though, is that The Superhuman requires more improvisation than my own story. So it takes less of an effort, not that it detracts from how much I want to host this game.]

---

"A human figure rose and fell, its chest swelling slightly. It looked up, not knowing what it would look at in this darkness. Then a voice spoke into its head, and the figure screamed out, its body writhing in pain.

The figure stepped out into the light. It breathed in..

And something small fell out of its womb.

And it breathed out. It smiled and more fell from its body.

And more.

And more."

"You kiddin' me?"

A thirteen-year-old boy jumped in shock, as he looked at the source of the voice that startled him.

A woman, sat opposite him, stared at him with a quizzical and mocking look.

"That's how the first superhuman came to be?" said the woman.

The boy nodded fervently. "Yes! You've gotta believe me!"

"This is ****ing ridiculous."

The woman stepped out as the boy continued to shout, pleading for her approval. She slammed the door behind and shook her head. She looked around, the city bustling about her.

Superhumans were everywhere. She saw a few men and women in a construction site, lifting fifteen-metre bars of metal in each hand, walking about. The woman could hear chattering and laughter among them.

Cars streaked by in front of her, but there were many, racing past the cars. A lot of them wore business suits, T-shirts, shorts, jeans. Normal people, she thought.

She heard a booming voice coming from her left. She turned and looked as the glass walls of the town hall burst into shards as the mayor stepped out to view, red fury in his face. She heard a sigh coming from behind the mayor as the glass shards floated back to where they originally were.

The woman heard another scream, something ten times softer than the booming voice, coming from in front of her as a man in black snatched a woman's purse away. The man looked back, summoned a flicker of flame and threw a ball of fire at the woman. She ducked out of the way and sent her hand out. The man grunted as his grip on the purse loosened. He put his hands to the sides of his head and screamed in agonizing pain. The woman picked her purse up and fired a shimmering wave of force at the man, knocking him towards the road.

Where did they come from? she thought.

---

I hope the story above can explain the setting and tone of this whole RPG.

Now, I allow as many players as possible. I will try to keep track of everyone, but I need to have you do something for me. First off, fill it this sheet.

Name: (Insert)
Sex: Male/Female
Superpower: (Anything within reason)
---
Biography: (Please keep it concise. I can't read walls and walls of text. It should include your past, personality and how you came to be in the present.)
---
Level: 1
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

Then, what I type below your sheet, please quote it and post it. I will also do the same for you.

---

I hope I can update once every day. I will try my best.

• 721 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Name: Hephaestus
Sex: Male
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
Level: 2
XP: 0/40
---
HP: 30/30
---
Inventory:
$97

I don't know the reference.

No reference. Just a bad word play between polish and fur

(You were waiting for it, right? Hehe..)
As you started running towards the fire undead, something hard knocked into you, forcing you to stagger to the side. You weren't hurt, but it knocked you off balance. You saw a broken tibia on the ground.
You heard a gunshot from Den and the fire undead took the shot in the head. It lay on the ground, unmoving.
The undead with the keyboard was still standing there with the keyboard, apparently typing.
Slowly.
You saw Polish's form become a full-fledged werewolf, like in the old tales. It ran towards the bone wielder, who was ready to form something.

OK. Fire undead is down for now, bone undead got a werewolf to deal with; so I'll just attack the keyboard undead. He is clearly up to something nefarious, and needs to be stopped. I form a small ball of hardened ash which I throw at it, then try to rush it.
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Name: Axorez
Superpower: Ice Magic
---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
XP: 7/40
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
HP: 28/30
---
Inventory:
$17.50

As i saw how they're going to kill on sight and not capture, I prepare to dodge. I hope it's not too late.

Before that, i also say, "I killed someone, but it was not my intention. It was not a murder. Sometimes, destructive fire would pop up in my hands. I do not know why that happens."

(Can I give one criticism? Dodging everything just won't do. I want to see something different. I want you to outsmart your enemies, not outdodge them. I have no right to be annoyed, seeing that you are the player and it is your choice.)

(But truth be told, I'd still be annoyed deep down inside, and I can't help myself. You're level 2. Do more. Make an ice wall and block gunshots. Be like Iceman. Isn't that what you want to be? Iceman? Or someone similar? Go freakin' wild! I don't care.)

You heard four gunshots all at once, shredding through Mr. Sully in the head.

They ignored you as the four turned towards you and aimed their guns.

===

---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

OK. Fire undead is down for now, bone undead got a werewolf to deal with; so I'll just attack the keyboard undead. He is clearly up to something nefarious, and needs to be stopped. I form a small ball of hardened ash which I throw at it, then try to rush it.

When you threw the ash ball at the keyboard undead, he simply moved to the side. As you rushed towards it, it pressed its final key. You started to feel as though your body wasn't listening to you and you slowed down to a halt.

It started all over and pressed its first key again. You started to take control again, but you could only move your fingers and wrists.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

(But truth be told, I'd still be annoyed deep down inside, and I can't help myself. You're level 2. Do more. Make an ice wall and block gunshots. Be like Iceman. Isn't that what you want to be? Iceman? Or someone similar? Go freakin' wild! I don't care.)

(I do not know who is Iceman? Making an Ice wall may take time and bullets might go through. Ice is probably not best known for durability, and i do not know how quickly i can make an ice wall)

---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

You heard four gunshots all at once, shredding through Mr. Sully in the head.

They ignored you as the four turned towards you and aimed their guns.

I try to disarm their guns with Ice bolt, firing two at a time. If I sucsessifully disarm, I use frost breath and try to catch all of them in the frost breath as much as possible. If i don't disarm sucsessifully, I create a large ice slab that would be a wall. (I'd like to know if it really does block bullets. Seems a little bit OP to me, but i guess the alternative is guns being OP)

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

(I do not know who is Iceman? Making an Ice wall may take time and bullets might go through. Ice is probably not best known for durability, and i do not know how quickly i can make an ice wall)

(Iceman is from X-Men! Well, he's not well-known now, but he's probably one of the strongest X-Men out there.

But you're not on his level. You are going to be, though. Just remember, go freakin' wild. Just as a demonstration, yes, you can block bullets with ice walls. They would fly the other way instead.)

I try to disarm their guns with Ice bolt, firing two at a time. If I sucsessifully disarm, I use frost breath and try to catch all of them in the frost breath as much as possible. If i don't disarm sucsessifully, I create a large ice slab that would be a wall. (I'd like to know if it really does block bullets. Seems a little bit OP to me, but i guess the alternative is guns being OP)

You instinctively move to the side as you fired two ice bolts, knocking off one pistol and cutting into a deep portion of the other cop's hands. The two bullets that would've hit you hit the wall instead. You sprayed ice over them, focusing on their upper bodies. Their hands shook before they couldn't move them anymore.

Fae's eyes were almost shut. She was watching you the whole time. She snickered slightly.

"Good job," she whispered. "Go to the same alley."

You saw her body flash and disappear before your very eyes. You turned to look at the cops; one of them was rushing towards you with his frozen hands, attempting to hit you over the head.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

When you threw the ash ball at the keyboard undead, he simply moved to the side. As you rushed towards it, it pressed its final key. You started to feel as though your body wasn't listening to you and you slowed down to a halt.
It started all over and pressed its first key again. You started to take control again, but you could only move your fingers and wrists.

What better time to try out something new? I point my fists at the keyboard undead, then build long spikes of hardened ash from each fist, as fast as possible, and try to impale the undead from my position.
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

What better time to try out something new? I point my fists at the keyboard undead, then build long spikes of hardened ash from each fist, as fast as possible, and try to impale the undead from my position.

You were just in the reach of its keyboard, but not it. You sent it flying off of its hands. The undead turned around and chased after the keyboard.

You started to feel your legs again.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

You instinctively move to the side as you fired two ice bolts, knocking off one pistol and cutting into a deep portion of the other cop's hands. The two bullets that would've hit you hit the wall instead. You sprayed ice over them, focusing on their upper bodies. Their hands shook before they couldn't move them anymore.

Fae's eyes were almost shut. She was watching you the whole time. She snickered slightly.

"Good job," she whispered. "Go to the same alley."

You saw her body flash and disappear before your very eyes. You turned to look at the cops; one of them was rushing towards you with his frozen hands, attempting to hit you over the head.

I duck down and fist his body. Then I rain icicles on them.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
HP: 24/30
---
Inventory:
$17.50

I duck down and fist his body. Then I rain icicles on them.

You ducked down and toppled him over instead, crushing you under his weight. You still could rain icicles on the cops. You saw two icicles stick themselves into two heads, leaving one standing there and taking all the cuts.

You received a punch from the man.

(-2 HP)

And another one.

(-2 HP)

"I'm waiting," Fae said through the collar.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

You ducked down and toppled him over instead, crushing you under his weight. You still could rain icicles on the cops. You saw two icicles stick themselves into two heads, leaving one standing there and taking all the cuts.

You received a punch from the man.

(-2 HP)

And another one.

(-2 HP)

"I'm waiting," Fae said through the collar.

I fire two ice bolts at the man. If he has not fallen, I cast an ice sword and finish him off.

Once he does fall, i put my hand on the collar and say "Fine." I then head back to the alley.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

I fire two ice bolts at the man. If he has not fallen, I cast an ice sword and finish him off.

Once he does fall, i put my hand on the collar and say "Fine." I then head back to the alley.

There are two cops, one standing there doing nothing and another that's crushing you.

I'm going to assume that you're attacking the man on you (since it's really the best option).

You couldn't aim your ice bolts well enough to effectively cut him. So, instead of making an ice sword, you made a shorter dagger and stabbed it somewhere. You didn't care, because he got off of you and started yelping.

And you finished him off.

There was still one more cop, now looking at you with a bloody ice dagger. He was about to get his hands free from the ice spray.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

There are two cops, one standing there doing nothing and another that's crushing you.

I'm going to assume that you're attacking the man on you (since it's really the best option).

You couldn't aim your ice bolts well enough to effectively cut him. So, instead of making an ice sword, you made a shorter dagger and stabbed it somewhere. You didn't care, because he got off of you and started yelping.

And you finished him off.

There was still one more cop, now looking at you with a bloody ice dagger. He was about to get his hands free from the ice spray.

I turn the dagger into an Ice Sword and take the fight to him. I start out with a stab, and if it misses, i slash him.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
XP: 20/40
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

I turn the dagger into an Ice Sword and take the fight to him. I start out with a stab, and if it misses, i slash him.

You got up and took the fight to him. He gave up trying to break out of the ice and disappeared.

You frowned.

(13 XP)

You went back to the alley and saw Fae leaning against the wall.

"Oh, good," Fae said. "You're back."

Before you reacted, she zapped you into unconsciousness.

As you woke up, you were in a bigger prison-like room, looking straight at an animal with a body of a snake and a head of an eagle. It was looking at you as well, hissing and squawking simultaneously.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

You got up and took the fight to him. He gave up trying to break out of the ice and disappeared.

You frowned.

(13 XP)

You went back to the alley and saw Fae leaning against the wall.

"Oh, good," Fae said. "You're back."

Before you reacted, she zapped you into unconsciousness.

As you woke up, you were in a bigger prison-like room, looking straight at an animal with a body of a snake and a head of an eagle. It was looking at you as well, hissing and squawking simultaneously.

"What now?" I ask and look if my body is locked.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

You were just in the reach of its keyboard, but not it. You sent it flying off of its hands. The undead turned around and chased after the keyboard.
You started to feel your legs again.

I throw a quick look around to evaluate the situation while recovering my ability to walk. As soon as I can, I run after the keyboard undead.
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"What now?" I ask and look if my body is locked.

"That's your cure," the boss said from a speaker nearby. "Kill it. Take its blood."

The creature flew up, and you saw a wave of fire rush over the room towards you (to stop you from dodging).

===

---
---
---
HP: 29/30
---
Inventory:
$97

I throw a quick look around to evaluate the situation while recovering my ability to walk. As soon as I can, I run after the keyboard undead.

You ran after the undead only to have your legs hooked underneath and get tripped.

(-1 HP)

There were bones at your feet. You turned to see the bone undead brandishing its bony blades and a downed werewolf.

Showing 541-555 of 721