ForumsForum GamesThe Superhuman RPG (2016)

721 165596
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I allow as many players as possible. Registrations are open!

Now...

Does.. Does anyone remember The Superhuman RPG? Way back about 4 years ago?

I admit, I didn't think I would be opening this game again. But then I think of the fun I had hosting it when I was fourteen. I started this RPG back when I was thirteen, I believe, and it had been a blast to play with my players.

Now that I'm almost eighteen (at the time of this OP), maybe I want to give this another try.

If you are aware of what I do here in the forums (and I really mean, aware. So skip past if you don't know anything about me):

[My ideas are all fizzed out at the moment. I will continue to update, though it DEFINITELY will be infrequent. What I'm sure, though, is that The Superhuman requires more improvisation than my own story. So it takes less of an effort, not that it detracts from how much I want to host this game.]

---

"A human figure rose and fell, its chest swelling slightly. It looked up, not knowing what it would look at in this darkness. Then a voice spoke into its head, and the figure screamed out, its body writhing in pain.

The figure stepped out into the light. It breathed in..

And something small fell out of its womb.

And it breathed out. It smiled and more fell from its body.

And more.

And more."

"You kiddin' me?"

A thirteen-year-old boy jumped in shock, as he looked at the source of the voice that startled him.

A woman, sat opposite him, stared at him with a quizzical and mocking look.

"That's how the first superhuman came to be?" said the woman.

The boy nodded fervently. "Yes! You've gotta believe me!"

"This is ****ing ridiculous."

The woman stepped out as the boy continued to shout, pleading for her approval. She slammed the door behind and shook her head. She looked around, the city bustling about her.

Superhumans were everywhere. She saw a few men and women in a construction site, lifting fifteen-metre bars of metal in each hand, walking about. The woman could hear chattering and laughter among them.

Cars streaked by in front of her, but there were many, racing past the cars. A lot of them wore business suits, T-shirts, shorts, jeans. Normal people, she thought.

She heard a booming voice coming from her left. She turned and looked as the glass walls of the town hall burst into shards as the mayor stepped out to view, red fury in his face. She heard a sigh coming from behind the mayor as the glass shards floated back to where they originally were.

The woman heard another scream, something ten times softer than the booming voice, coming from in front of her as a man in black snatched a woman's purse away. The man looked back, summoned a flicker of flame and threw a ball of fire at the woman. She ducked out of the way and sent her hand out. The man grunted as his grip on the purse loosened. He put his hands to the sides of his head and screamed in agonizing pain. The woman picked her purse up and fired a shimmering wave of force at the man, knocking him towards the road.

Where did they come from? she thought.

---

I hope the story above can explain the setting and tone of this whole RPG.

Now, I allow as many players as possible. I will try to keep track of everyone, but I need to have you do something for me. First off, fill it this sheet.

Name: (Insert)
Sex: Male/Female
Superpower: (Anything within reason)
---
Biography: (Please keep it concise. I can't read walls and walls of text. It should include your past, personality and how you came to be in the present.)
---
Level: 1
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

Then, what I type below your sheet, please quote it and post it. I will also do the same for you.

---

I hope I can update once every day. I will try my best.

• 721 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

(I would also like the power of quoting but alright.)

@iFool Copy the part you want to quote into the reply section, select it, then look at the symbols bar just above the reply section and click on the " symbol (quotation mark).
Or just write
[ quote ]insert quote here[ /quote ] (without the spaces).
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Name: Axorez
Sex: Male
Superpower: Ice Magic
---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
XP: 3/20
---
HP: 13/20

I enter the hospital.
(rather confused, where did i go from the hospital first time?)

As you walked back to the hospital, the man shouted back, "Hey, where'd you think you're going?!"

You heard sizzling sounds as you turned to look. You noticed his whole form starting to go black and boiling.

===

Name: (Benjamin Vincent) Dolan
Superpower: Control over Gravity
---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.
His parents are nowhere to be seen.
He's curious.
His restaurant is nowhere to be seen.

---
---

(Alright, I edited my biography a little bit, though it's just the status of some stuff,also I'm slightly freaked out about the fact that my HP has not changed in any way, will I get killed if 20 ants strike me?, though I think this is one of those unwinnable plot battles in your dreams)
I try to exert increasing amounts of force over the spaceship to see if I am able to affect in any way possible.

(I would also like the power of quoting but alright.)

(You can acquire the power of quoting. Just not in real life, I'm afraid.)

(Also, do not fret for your HP is a plot hole of its own for now.)

(Another note, what do the changes mean, and does your character know that his parents and restaurant are nowhere to be seen?)

You tried to exert increasing amounts of force over the spaceship. You noticed the middle of the spaceship denting slightly, until you noticed the spaceship catching on fire. You noticed its sides denting drastically now, the force of your gravitational singularity crushing the spaceship into a fine dot as small as a Planck length. Before you could see the spaceship disappear, the ground before you disappeared, causing you to fall. The sensation of falling..

Hmm..

Hmm..

"Aagh!"

You jerked yourself awake because of the falling sensation. You breathed heavily, sweat pouring down your neck. The pajamas you were wearing were already soaked with stink.

You were in your house, a double-storey bungalow. And you heard a knock on the door downstairs.

===

Name: Donary Trunton
Sex: Trans-man
Superpower: Spoon manipulation
---
Biography: Was kicked out of high school from his extreme spoon fetish. After being kicked out, he stupidly jumped down a well and became unconscious. It was when he woke up that he found himself with his unusual power of spoon manipulation. When he returned to the surface using spoons as picks, he immediately got a job at the local cafe as a dishwasher.
---
XP: 2/20
---
HP: 12/20
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
6 spoons

"Dang it! I just wanted today to be normal!" I shout as I find a nearby car or something to hide behind and take cover. If successful, I try to take off a tire of the car, and watch these Axes people at the staircase, as well as making sure to pay attention to how many shooters there are and the positions they take when firing.

You took cover behind one of the cars. A fireball barely missed you as you felt a hot sensation from your back.

You tried to take of a tire off the car you were taking cover in. Unfortunately, it was tightly shut around the wheel.

As you risked to take peeks at the Axes, you only noticed three people firing from behind the room. They weren't inside the room but outside it. The room was like the staircase that people took in parking lots, like the fire escapes.

Right now, Pulse and Axes members were taking shots at one another with nothing seemingly hitting.

===

Name: John Steele
Superpower: Active Healing
---
Biography: I lived with my mother and sisters and I grew up close to the forest so me and my sisters would usually go adventuring, but one day I fell down a side of a cliff and broke my leg, but as my sisters were trying to find a way down to me I saw my leg start to form itself back into what it previously looked like. That's when I found out about my power and after that I did a good deal of working out in the gym. Nothing to fancy, just simple weights and a self defense class every now and again. I have kept my power hidden, so that I can live a regular life, and today I work at a burger joint as one of the cooks.
---
XP: 6/20
---
HP: 19/20

If he passes near me I grab his collar of his shirt and kick his ankle up to stop his pursuit then I back away so the cop can do what he does best.

You grabbed the collar of his shirt and tripped him over. The man fell face first and crushed his nose onto the floor. You backed away and let the cop do his thing.

He pulled out some cuffs and headed towards the man. Before he could apprehend him, the man took hold of his forearms and he screamed. Unfortunately, the pain from breaking his nose didn't distract him.

You heard a very distinct sizzling sound coming from the cop's forearms.

===

Name: Hephaestus
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
---
HP: 18/20
---
Inventory:
Torchlight
Water bottle
Some snacks
First aid kit

'That man behaves like a rabid animal', I think. 'Maybe I can make use of that...'
I secrete a ball of hardened ash in my right hand and throw it at the man's head while he runs towards Matt.
If the man goes after me now, I move close to the wall and jump away right before he reaches me, hoping he'll be enraged enough to run into the wall. If that's the case, I summon my ash armor and try to hold the man against the wall, blocking his arms.

As you secreted a ball of hardened ash (something not so big due to your limited power; it might be the size of a jackfruit), you noticed the man who took his boss's side grab the man's collar and tripped him, causing him to break his nose upon impact on the floor. Matt pulled out his cuffs and was about to grab his hands when the man grabbed his. Somehow, the pain he felt wasn't enough to deter him from action.

Matt screamed in pain as you heard sizzling coming from his forearms.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

---
Biography: Was kicked out of high school from his extreme spoon fetish. After being kicked out, he stupidly jumped down a well and became unconscious. It was when he woke up that he found himself with his unusual power of spoon manipulation. When he returned to the surface using spoons as picks, he immediately got a job at the local cafe as a dishwasher.
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
6 spoons

Well if the tire plan won't work... then I send a spoon at high speed toward the next Axes shooter that decides to take a peek.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
---

I try to dodge if he attacks; otherwise, do nothing. I also take note of what Dad does.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
---
---
Inventory:
Torchlight
Water bottle
Some snacks
First aid kit

As you secreted a ball of hardened ash (something not so big due to your limited power; it might be the size of a jackfruit), you noticed the man who took his boss's side grab the man's collar and tripped him, causing him to break his nose upon impact on the floor. Matt pulled out his cuffs and was about to grab his hands when the man grabbed his. Somehow, the pain he felt wasn't enough to deter him from action.

Matt screamed in pain as you heard sizzling coming from his forearms.

You mean this kind of jackfruit?

Anyway... I watch as the man falls on his nose, still keeping the ball in my hand. I am about to relax when I suddenly hear Matt scream. Hearing the sizzling sound as the man holds his forearm and almost smelling burned hair, I realize what is happening. Immediately,

- I lunge forward and also grab Matt's forearm, putting all my concentration into growing a superficial ash layer onto his forearm and wrist, isolating it from whatever heat or electricity effect the man produces. I then stamp on the man's wrist to block it on the ground, and also generate a thin ash layer on myself in case the man wanted to make use of his other hand. After things have settled, I tell Matt he can just scrub or wash off the ash on his forearm. (defensive scenario)

If I cannot extend even a thin ash layer onto something I am holding, I do the following (offensive scenario):
- I redistribute the ash from the ball onto my hands and forearms (a bit like boxing gloves with vambraces) and strike out for a formidable uppercut. Whatever happens next, I will try to get a hold of his arms and hold them on the ground, boxing him again if necessary. I trust on my thick ash gauntlets to isolate my hands.
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
6 spoons

Well if the tire plan won't work... then I send a spoon at high speed toward the next Axes shooter that decides to take a peek.

You prepared one of your spoons and shot it at the next person that peeked. He was quick enough to move out of the way. In return, he shot a fireball at you. You got out of the way just in time, not letting it burn your face, but it did leave some burn marks on your cheek.

(-3 HP)

You heard someone scream of pain and noticed that it was one of the Axes. You saw something flown off to the right and the man clutching onto his life in his crippled state. You noticed footsteps.

"They're running away!" the woman said. "Get 'em!"

===

---
---
---

I try to dodge if he attacks; otherwise, do nothing. I also take note of what Dad does.

You heard your dad shouting, "Ax! Come here-"

You walked straight into a black wall and bumped into it. It felt powdery, but it still stood as sturdy as a concrete wall. You turned back towards the man, who was encased in black now.

"You ain't getting away, boy."

===

---
Biography: I lived with my mother and sisters and I grew up close to the forest so me and my sisters would usually go adventuring, but one day I fell down a side of a cliff and broke my leg, but as my sisters were trying to find a way down to me I saw my leg start to form itself back into what it previously looked like. That's when I found out about my power and after that I did a good deal of working out in the gym. Nothing to fancy, just simple weights and a self defense class every now and again. I have kept my power hidden, so that I can live a regular life, and today I work at a burger joint as one of the cooks.
---
XP: 6/20
---

I move in to grab the mans arm and hold him for the cop to cuff him. At least if I get hurt I can heal later.

You went to grab his arms, feeling the burn on your hands.

(-2 HP)

As you did, you found yourself pulling, but not budging. You found out that his grip on the cop was stronger than yours. Then you noticed the other man grabbing the cop's forearms, spreading some kind of black ash over them.

When you noticed that he kicked his wrist, the man's arms didn't move. It was like kicking against a concrete wall. You saw a wince coming from the man as he moved slightly backwards. You noticed the man clenched his fists as black started to form onto his forearms. He went for an uppercut, though it took a bit of effort since the man was prone on the ground, but he did it. Still, the man didn't move, or at least he moved to a bare minimum.

You noticed the cop's breath started to get shallow.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Torchlight
Water bottle
Some snacks
First aid kit

You mean this kind of jackfruit?

Anyway... I watch as the man falls on his nose, still keeping the ball in my hand. I am about to relax when I suddenly hear Matt scream. Hearing the sizzling sound as the man holds his forearm and almost smelling burned hair, I realize what is happening. Immediately,

- I lunge forward and also grab Matt's forearm, putting all my concentration into growing a superficial ash layer onto his forearm and wrist, isolating it from whatever heat or electricity effect the man produces. I then stamp on the man's wrist to block it on the ground, and also generate a thin ash layer on myself in case the man wanted to make use of his other hand. After things have settled, I tell Matt he can just scrub or wash off the ash on his forearm. (defensive scenario)

If I cannot extend even a thin ash layer onto something I am holding, I do the following (offensive scenario):
- I redistribute the ash from the ball onto my hands and forearms (a bit like boxing gloves with vambraces) and strike out for a formidable uppercut. Whatever happens next, I will try to get a hold of his arms and hold them on the ground, boxing him again if necessary. I trust on my thick ash gauntlets to isolate my hands.

Woah, not that kind of jackfruit.

You lunged forward and grabbed onto Matt's forearms. As you did, you saw the same guy grabbing onto the co-worker's arms, trying to yank away. You heard sizzling coming from his hands, but you didn't see anything in effect.

You grew an ash layer on Matt's forearms, trying to protect him from the heat. You stamped at his wrist, but you couldn't move it either. It felt like kicking a metal bar.

Even after all this, the man still refused to let go of Matt. He was on the verge of fainting.

You redistributed the ash from your ball onto your hands and forearms and went for an uppercut. It was hard trying to punch someone who was prone on the ground, but you managed to. Though, it still felt like hitting a metal bar.

This man is unmovable, a thought occured in your mind.

===

---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.
His parents are probably fine
He's slightly sleepy.
His restaurant is probably fine

---
---

(I'm pretty sure if I crushed the spaceship into a planck length I would have caused a black hole and killed myself and everyone)

Yes, you would. But it was a dream anyway.

Or is it?

(I'm going to answer your question, it's no big deal, my character just doesn't or does know what the status of a certain thing)

So it's up to me then? (Also, did you take back what you've changed in the bio?)

(Also, in this RPG whenever someone levels up their skeleton, muscle, fat and skin gets more durable and stronger for whatever reason right? If not I should have picked a character that was super fast so I could speed blitz any strong superhuman I meet which might not have any defensive abilities.)

We'll find out. I'm not completely sure yet, either.

I look at the nearest clock I can find and check the time, then after a few seconds of contemplating whether I should go back to bed or not, I get up and go to the bathroom, I look in the mirror and see a figure, the figure is tall with a large frame, the figure has an angry look and has large hands, I brush my teeth quickly and go downstairs still in my pajamas to answer the door when I get downstairs I go to the door and say "Who is it?" loudly in a rather angry tone.

"It's mail!"

What? you thought.

"Just open up! I have other mails to give!"

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
6 spoons

I run over and kick the dying man in the head. "You suck!" I shout.

I run after the remaining Axes members, two spoons in front of my face for protection.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---

You heard your dad shouting, "Ax! Come here-"

You walked straight into a black wall and bumped into it. It felt powdery, but it still stood as sturdy as a concrete wall. You turned back towards the man, who was encased in black now.

"You ain't getting away, boy."

I look at how wide and large did he made the walls. If there's a place to go outside the wall, i go outside(duh). If not, i reply "...What do you want?"

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Torchlight
Water bottle
Some snacks
First aid kit

You lunged forward and grabbed onto Matt's forearms. As you did, you saw the same guy grabbing onto the co-worker's arms, trying to yank away. You heard sizzling coming from his hands, but you didn't see anything in effect.
You grew an ash layer on Matt's forearms, trying to protect him from the heat. You stamped at his wrist, but you couldn't move it either. It felt like kicking a metal bar.
Even after all this, the man still refused to let go of Matt. He was on the verge of fainting.
You redistributed the ash from your ball onto your hands and forearms and went for an uppercut. It was hard trying to punch someone who was prone on the ground, but you managed to. Though, it still felt like hitting a metal bar.
This man is unmovable, a thought occurred in your mind.

Time for a change in strategy. I kneel down and put my hand on the man's face. I then try to repeat what I just managed to do with Matt's arm, but this time I focus on extending the ash into the man's nose and throat. If I see the slightest sign of distress on the man's face, I look him in the eye and say "Let go. NOW. Or I'll make a nice cast of your lungs and intestines."
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
He's slightly skeptical.

---
---

I open the door to receive the mail because I'm not paranoid.

(Well okay, hopefully it's not some space alien or something)

As you opened the door, you saw a man looking at his right hand, holding a ball of fire.

You only have a split second before he reacts.

Give me my exp back

Haha!

Sure you can change it if you want. (I was feeling too corny and that I should take this more seriously before I break character)

Your biography is your own. My world can react around your biography, depending on how you put it.

Can you randomly be killed when you are extremely strong because some random person shot you in the head?

We'll see for now. There probably won't be gun-wielding people at this point.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
6 spoons

I run over and kick the dying man in the head. "You suck!" I shout.

I run after the remaining Axes members, two spoons in front of my face for protection.

You kicked the man in the head. Before you could say anything, he went limp and didn't hear what you said.

You ran after the remaining Axes, leading back above ground. Your sense of direction was no use here if you were wondering where you were. In front of you, you finally saw the rest of the Axes. About ten people were there, loading boxes into trucks.

"Unfortunately, you guys don't have a speed-strength hybrid," the woman shouted and then proceeded to shoot green stuff out of her hands as she got into cover.

You were outside a warehouse (of course there are warehouses, they're plot devices essentially), with parked cars at the side. One of the Axes screamed as you saw his face melted to bone. He dropped dead from it.

You heard one of them, a woman, shout, "Just get them in! Don't bother with Pulse!"

"I hear you, Yen! You better come 'ere!"

===

---
---
---

I look at how wide and large did he made the walls. If there's a place to go outside the wall, i go outside(duh). If not, i reply "...What do you want?"

It wasn't big, but as you moved to the side, the wall moved, blocking you.

You heard your dad's shouting getting nearer.

"What do you want?" you said.

"What my friend would've gotten. You."

The man broke off into a sprint towards you.

===

---
---
XP: 7/20
---

I look for something blunt to use a weapon

You took one of the frying pans and wielded it. As you did, you saw the man put his hands on your co-worker's face, growing the same black around his face and into his mouth.

"Let go. NOW. Or I'll make a nice cast of your lungs and intestines."

The man still didn't want to let go, even though he was hacking like crazy. Slowly but surely, he fell unconscious due to oxygen starvation. As he let go of the cop's forearms, you could see muscle and bone at where he was holding. The cop was already unconscious.

(1 XP)

"Call the police!" your boss said.

You were pretty sure that everyone in the entire room thought the boss was useless, despite them not doing anything.

===

---
---
XP: 8/20
---
HP: 16/20
---
Inventory:
Torchlight
Water bottle
Some snacks
First aid kit

Time for a change in strategy. I kneel down and put my hand on the man's face. I then try to repeat what I just managed to do with Matt's arm, but this time I focus on extending the ash into the man's nose and throat. If I see the slightest sign of distress on the man's face, I look him in the eye and say "Let go. NOW. Or I'll make a nice cast of your lungs and intestines."

Oh my god. That's what I like to see!

You kneeled down and placed your hand on his face. You felt your hands burning.

(-2 HP)

But you held on, growing ash into his throat. For a moment, you felt like nothing could affect this man until he coughed and tried to force the ash out of himself.

The man frowned and coughed but it seemed like he didn't want to let go.

Matt was already unconscious. You saw the man's hands beginning to burn through muscle and a bit of bone now.

The man slowly slipped into unconsciousness.

(6 XP)

The boss was staring at the scene the whole time. He wasn't even trying to help.

"Call the police!" the boss said, after all of this.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
6 spoons

I as well get into cover, wherever I can. I look around the lot, watching for any hints of a driver of one of the trucks. If I find him successfully, I telepathically control a spoon to whatever position and try to force it into his or her windpipe.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Torchlight
Water bottle
Some snacks
First aid kit

You kneeled down and placed your hand on his face. You felt your hands burning.
(-2 HP)
But you held on, growing ash into his throat. For a moment, you felt like nothing could affect this man until he coughed and tried to force the ash out of himself.
The man frowned and coughed but it seemed like he didn't want to let go.
Matt was already unconscious. You saw the man's hands beginning to burn through muscle and a bit of bone now.
The man slowly slipped into unconsciousness.
(6 XP)
The boss was staring at the scene the whole time. He wasn't even trying to help.
"Call the police!" the boss said, after all of this.

As soon as the employee falls unconscious and lets go of Matt's forearm, I reabsorb all the ash (yuck, I hope it really is just the ash) and haul Matt off a few steps. As I throw a dark glance at the boss, I say "Make sure they bring an ambulance. Or does anyone here have healing powers?" Without waiting for an answer I then get out my first aid kit and water bottle and try to tend to the maimed forearm as best I can.
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---

It wasn't big, but as you moved to the side, the wall moved, blocking you.

You heard your dad's shouting getting nearer.

"What do you want?" you said.

"What my friend would've gotten. You."

The man broke off into a sprint towards you.

(An ice bolt will definitely fix all my problems, right? ...right?)

I fire an(you guessed it,) ice bolt.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons

I as well get into cover, wherever I can. I look around the lot, watching for any hints of a driver of one of the trucks. If I find him successfully, I telepathically control a spoon to whatever position and try to force it into his or her windpipe.

Oh yeah, you lost one of your spoons, didn't you?

You tried to look for a driver. Indeed, you did. The driver was in front, doing a poor job of hiding from Pulse. You could see his upper torso bent around to protect his head.

Though if you wanted to force it into his windpipe, it would be impossible at this rate. As you tried to force your spoon in, the spoon smacked itself onto the windscreen. Your force wasn't strong enough.

As you got slightly out of cover to do this, you noticed, from the corner of your eye, a man rushing towards you from the side. None of the Pulse members seemed to notice.

===

---
---
XP: 7/20
---

I go to the phone to call the police while telling the Boss to separate them from each other.

(+1 HP from powers)

You went forward and grabbed for the phone. As you did, you heard a voice from behind saying, "Make sure they bring an ambulance. Or does anyone here have healing powers?"

As far as you knew, your powers only affected yourself, but not the others. You didn't feel like you were strong enough to transfer healing effects onto other people.

You called the police and hung up.

You noticed the ash man bringing out a first aid kit and water bottle to try and tend to the cop's wounds. He didn't seem to know where to start. The best he could do was to feed some water.

The police and ambulance had arrived, taking charge and bringing out the cop and your co-worker. You noticed a medic placing her hands on the cop. You saw a slow growth of bone and muscle, but it would take a few days of active healing for him to recover fully.

The police asked some questions, general ones.

"Hey, you!" the boss shouted at the ash man once the questions were over. "Come 'ere. You too, John!"

===

---
What.

---
XP: 1/20
---

(You also seem to have a certain thing for these kinds of generic fire characters from the looks of it, would have been cooler if it was a illusionistic teleporting green-sewage-knife wielding maniac that comes outta nowhere, although someone like that as a first enemy would probably be in the extreme difficulty settings for this RPG)

Indeed it would be. If you managed to search through the forums games, you might be able to find my old RPG, The Superhuman RPG. I hosted this years back, and trust me, I had more than fire-wielding opponents. You can spoil yourself by finding and reading through the RPG, or come along with me on a superpowered journey.

"What" I thought.

(If this is a super realistic RPG, I try to blow up his brain before he can roast me to death.)

Unfortunately, your limited power would get you nowhere near that, unless you were actually going for a melee attack. Then by all means, do so. But...

I try to dodge the fireball he will probably throw at me and cause my house to burn down (Hopefully it doesn't happen) and try to tackle him to the ground, if successful I try to pin him to the ground with my gravitational powers in order for me to land a few punches in his face.

You managed to dodge the fireball in his hand. You found out that he didn't intend to throw it, but to bring it up to your face. You tried to pin him to the ground, but with your limited power, what you did was slow him down significantly. He struggled, trying to reach up towards you with his fist. He looked like he was pulling a weight from behind before punching.

You landed a few punches and he fell to the ground, faster than what you would've seen.

The man seemed to be unconscious.

(1 XP)

(Where's my mail?)

Unfortunately, you didn't see any mail.

What was this guy up to? you thought.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Torchlight
Water bottle (3/4)
Some snacks
First aid kit

As soon as the employee falls unconscious and lets go of Matt's forearm, I reabsorb all the ash (yuck, I hope it really is just the ash) and haul Matt off a few steps. As I throw a dark glance at the boss, I say "Make sure they bring an ambulance. Or does anyone here have healing powers?" Without waiting for an answer I then get out my first aid kit and water bottle and try to tend to the maimed forearm as best I can.

You reabsorbed the ash, feeling slightly wet and sticky as the ash returned into your body. Ash went in, but not any fluids. They stayed outside.

You went to Matt and tried to tend to Matt's wounds as best as you could. Unfortunately, you didn't know enough about injuries to treat something this severe. You could see an inch of bone across his forearms with muscles twining and twisted in between. At least there wasn't any blood, since the wounds were cauterised. The best you could do was feed him some water.

Ambulance and police had arrived. Most of the paramedics had taken Matt and the assailant away while one tended to the boss's superficial wounds. You noticed that one of the paramedics laid her hands on Matt and saw bone and muscle growing back, but at a slow pace. You could guess that it would probably take a few days of healing actively before he was fully recovered. As for the assailant, hah, who cares? you thought.

The police had talked to the employees and employer, asking general questions and eyewitness accounts.

"Hey, you!" the boss shouted once the questions were over. "Come 'ere. You too, John!"

===

---
---
---

(An ice bolt will definitely fix all my problems, right? ...right?)

I fire an(you guessed it,) ice bolt.

Aha! Oh well. It's up to me to set your boundaries. I don't know when but I hope it's sooner.

You fired an ice bolt at the man. It seemed like an illusion, but you could've sworn you hit him right in the chest. From your perspective, it looked like the ice bolt had disappeared into the man.

"Ax!"

Your father stood on top of the wall and threw a fireball at the man. The fireball too was sucked into the man.

"Huh?" your father said as he dropped down from the wall next to you. He wrapped his arm around your shoulder and dragged you to the left, constantly throwing fire. It all didn't seem to work. Reabsorption after reabsorption, you thought.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---

Aha! Oh well. It's up to me to set your boundaries. I don't know when but I hope it's sooner.

I hope soon! I want to make ice beams and weld icy stuff from thin air.
How does EXP gain work by the way?

You fired an ice bolt at the man. It seemed like an illusion, but you could've sworn you hit him right in the chest. From your perspective, it looked like the ice bolt had disappeared into the man.

"Ax!"

Your father stood on top of the wall and threw a fireball at the man. The fireball too was sucked into the man.

"Huh?" your father said as he dropped down from the wall next to you. He wrapped his arm around your shoulder and dragged you to the left, constantly throwing fire. It all didn't seem to work. Reabsorption after reabsorption, you thought.

I see if anything near is throwable. As it's a parking lot, i'd doubt.

If any: I throw it.
If none: I try encasing him on ice as much as i can. Start from the legs.

Showing 121-135 of 721