ForumsNews and Feedback[Coming Soon] User Rankings!

35 16006
DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

Dearest gentlefolk! We're happy to announce that soon Armor Games will be implementing player rankings! Based on your activity, which includes things like earning stars and completing quests, you'll advance through the ranks tier by tier. Here are just a few of the available titles you'll be able to earn, which will initially be displayed on your profile, though the actual list is much, more bigger... and who knows? Maybe there are even special ranks you could unlock!

Scribe
Bard
Herald
Constable
Treasurer
Templar
Garlic Bread *
Mr. Bojangles **
Skeet ***

The ranking system has been a long time coming, and something we want to implement before we, oh, say, consider making any changes to how stars are theoretically earned. (Not that anyone would be interested in that. ) This is just the first step towards some not insignificant tweaks and changes. We will be posting more details soon as we work out the kinks, oil the gears, and brush the unicorn, but we wanted to let you know we're working on it, and we thank you all for your patience and presence!

* Not an actual rank.
** Still no.
*** Ditto, because nobody ever likes my ideas.

• 35 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Yay! Glad to hear it. Named ranks are on the way!

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

It looks like named ranks are here based on this screenshot:

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee400/Patrick2011b/Windows%208/Named%20Rank_zpsvnmldkg7.png

Before, I had Rank7 as my rank, but now it's Jester.

Edit: I just checked MrDayCee's profile, and he has the rank of Constable (previously Rank24).

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

It looks like the ranking system has changed, as my rank is now Treasurer, and MrDayCee's rank is now King.

rank peasant looks downright insulting, like wow, welcome to the site you peasant!

Are you suggesting that the lowest rank should be higher than Peasant?

(P.S. I removed the quotation marks in the quote in an attempt to avoid the emoji bug)

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

yayy! I got the best rank! Templar ladies and gentlemen! Giving serious thought to keeping it that way no matter the cost xD

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

it should be citizen or farmer

I'm not sure about citizen, but I could see farmer being the first rank unless it's already being used as a higher rank.

Last4Skull
Last4Skull
2,265 posts
King

Agree with Kat but what did you think about Pilgrim or Traveler ? for the first grade ? Idea is a new player is like a tourist , he's here for discovering and this cannot be misunderstanding like peasant who can be a little odd rude for some people.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Hey all. I put together an idea for ranks, let me know your thoughts.

#0 - Nomad
#1 - Peasant
#2 - Shepherd
#3 - Farmer
#4 - Blacksmith
#5 - Jester
#6 - Scribe
#7 - Bard
#8 - Herald
#9 - Constable
#10 - Treasurer
#11 - Templar
#12 - Justiciar
#13 - Chancellor
#14 - Chamberlain
#15 - Lord & Lady
#16 - Baron & Baroness
#17 - Count & Countess
#18 - Marquis & Marquise
#19 - Duke & Duchess
#20 - Archduke & Archduchess
#21 - Grand Duke & Grand Duchess
#22 - Viceroy & Vicereine
#23 - Regent
#24 - Prince & Princess
#25 - King & Queen

Something funny going on. Before the update I was rank 14. After the update, I became rank 16. Did posts count towards the ranks or something?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I'm guessing the system you quoted is not the system that's actually there. I'm rank 7, which appears to be Treasurer in the actual system.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

We used to have Serf as a rank.

Now that was bad!

I don't see any negative connotation. The site used to be more medieval themed, and this seems to complement that.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I'm guessing the system you quoted is not the system that's actually there. I'm rank 7, which appears to be Treasurer in the actual system.

Perhaps, it's been awhile since Ferret posted that.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Well, now you're just being rude.

Last4Skull
Last4Skull
2,265 posts
King

Hahaha I think "Ifool" just insist on that for fun. He surely like to debate about thing like that and see how people reacting about. This is my feeling, he's surely not a bad person. What about synonyms ? Like rustic ? Villager and stuff like that ^^ ?

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

Showing my age here a bit, but this whole "new" ranking system seems suspiciously similar to the ranks that used to be here a few years ago. The process is new, as are the criteria (to a degree), but still ....

dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

Showing my age here a bit, but this whole "new" ranking system seems suspiciously similar to the ranks that used to be here a few years ago. The process is new, as are the criteria (to a degree), but still ....

The ranks are based on stars which have nothing to do with how active you are in comments sections and forums. Don't worry about people spamming the site just for stars.

popington
popington
119 posts
Chamberlain

well looky here
I'm a Lord!
"Bow to me you Filthy Peasants! I Own You!" lol
but in all seriousness, how does/will this system work? is it random right now until the real system is released?

Showing 16-30 of 35