ForumsForum GamesCount to 500 II: 500 Miles to the Temple

418 100758
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Hello and welcome back! After a while (and me getting distracted), I have finally started the sequel to the original count to 500. Please read the rules and have fun... If you want to. It isn't in the rules.

In this game players must use dice to count to 500 by doing the following

1. State the current number which the count has reached
2. Roll 1d20
3. Flip 1 coin

Counting works as follows

The count starts at zero and resets upon completion of a count. You add the number on the 1d20 but, if the coin comes up as tails, divide the roll by 2 (rounding up) and take the resulting number away from the count. Mods and admins (if they ever join) always take away a full d20 and therefore don't have to flip a coin. The count can become negative and if it ever reaches -250, the mods and admins win, even if they haven't contributed. Any post that doesn't count or makes a mistake instantly removes 20 from the count (or adds twenty if it's a mod or admin). Missing the current count is a mistake (but if you still add to the count, the addition or subtraction counts as well as the penalty). Back to back (p1, p2, p1, p2, like in count to 100) counts as a mistake as well as double posting. B2b still counts, even if a mistake has been made in between viable posts. B2b only doesn't count if there is a reset. Double posting is allowed if it is to repeat a roll of flip which didn't work (because it contained invalid punctuation, for example).

Reaching 500 results in a win.

Players may name their rolls in any way (as long as it is not intentionally offensive).

A new addition to this game is that players must also count their personal scores with every post. This will be the players total contribution to their side in the game. At the end of each round, the totals shall be used to update a leaderboard. These totals are for all games and will not reset upon starting a new count.

Now, great players, you have started a great quest and must journey across the land of Armoria to find the legendary temple of the God of dice, Psuedo-rand, and his counterpart and wife in the other-realm, Flipper, Goddess of coins. This daunting task is harder than it may seem already as the defenders of the Temple are trying to stop you, misleading you in one way or another to send you the wrong way or hold you back. You must see through their tricks and reach the Temple.

Five_hundred = 5Miles_to_go = Tails

DICE RESULTS
5 = Five_hundred
COIN RESULTS
Miles_to_go
Tails
  • 418 Replies
armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

470. *takes out my Shotgun. the same one I used when I helped Chryos with a brain surgery in 2015* I hope this works! *shots the Dice* 1d20=13 Coin Flip = Heads

DICE RESULTS
13 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Heads
Muffin1634
Muffin1634
380 posts
Jester

Ok, got it!

PleaseRoll20 = 2
PleaseFlipHeads = Heads

If my wishes come true, then we win!

20, not just 2
you forgot a zero, dice
add it

DICE RESULTS
2 = PleaseRoll20
COIN RESULTS
PleaseFlipHeads
Heads
Eldunari17
Eldunari17
1,229 posts
Scribe

484. My oh my, I hope don't jinx anything this time. :/

1d20=20
Coin Flip = Heads

Edit: HAHAHA YES!

DICE RESULTS
20 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Heads
Muffin1634
Muffin1634
380 posts
Jester

504!

WE DID IT!!!

WOOHOOO!!!!!

RollingOnFloorExcited = 27

FlippingOut = Heads
FlippingOutSomeMore = Tails
FlippingOutTheMost = Tails

Thanks, @Eldunari17, for jinxing the roll and flip the right way.

Notifying @Swarmlord2 that WE DID IT!!!

Someone should make a story about the temple now... I don't have time

I am also honored to make this announcement even though my first post in this thread was when the count was in the low 400s, but nobody cares. (Or notices.)

DICE RESULTS
27 = RollingOnFloorExcited
COIN RESULTS
FlippingOut
Heads
FlippingOutSomeMore
Tails
FlippingOutTheMost
Tails
Muffin1634
Muffin1634
380 posts
Jester

So... do we start again, just like that?

Well then... you will be remembered, Chapter 2.

And, voilà, we leave the temple and start again. (So much for that backstory I asked for that I probably could have come up with myself)

"Goodbye, Psuedo-Rand! We promise you we will find your wife, Flipper!" He waves back as the adventurous travelers set off for his wife, which brings back disheartening memories every time that vile name was mentioned. He wanted to warn them but knew they would not heed his advice.

AnotherChapter = 10
VenturingToTheOtherRealm = Tails

PS: 0 => -5

The wind of the strong tornado you did not foresee pushes you back through the temple and 5 miles away farther! Surely Flipper does not want you to proceed farther...

DICE RESULTS
10 = AnotherChapter
COIN RESULTS
VenturingToTheOtherRealm
Tails
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Waaaaait... Be patient, Muffin

First, everybody, please post your personal scores. If you don't know what it is, then please count through every page, including the losses from mistakes. If you do count, please recount at least once to be sure as it is easy to miscount. I will update the leaderboard... From non-existance to existence. Only posted scores will be counted and the third count shall start. Nice post there Muffin, but there is some misunderstanding. This is a temple of both deities and it is just dedicated to them. They aren't actually there.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Counting from where I had stopped (including one mistake I had made since then), I get a Personal Score of 799.

I'll recount everything tomorrow or so. Being the only mod to have posted so far (I think), it probably doesn't really matter anyway :P

Muffin1634
Muffin1634
380 posts
Jester

PS since page 30: -25

Then at least clarify that it is just a temple of dedication. With the only description of "the legendary temple of the God of dice, Psuedo-rand, and his counterpart and wife in the other-realm, Flipper, Goddess of coins" told me they lived in their respective temple and realm and that the defenders of the Temple were protecting Psuedo-rand for invaders/archaeologists/harmful people etc. (for which we are none, we are travelers).
If you would like me to change the backstory of the journey, I can. It's also the weekend so I have time tonight to think of what we would do inside the temple. Sorry for that misinterpretation Swarm

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Then at least clarify that it is just a temple of dedication.

As far as I know, a temple is by definition a place of worship dedicated to a deity, just like a church. I don't think deities were ever meant to actually live in them. Then again, I am no historian nor am I an archaeologist
(P.S. Come to think of it, in ancient Aegypt some statuettes representing a deity used to 'live' in a temple, and occasionally were carried around in festive processions... )

Besides, I believe, from reading the OP, that now we just start another round. Which is just as well - I would love to discover what exactly is there at the other end
armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

Personal Score: +633

Well, it was a really cool adventure, guys! YAY!
I can't wait for Part III!

Muffin1634
Muffin1634
380 posts
Jester

so... will he make another thread for part 3?

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I will and I will wait until at least Monday. In the OP I was meaning that they reside in the other-realm. Sorry for the confusion.

Muffin1634
Muffin1634
380 posts
Jester

past monday now...

Showing 406-418 of 418