ForumsForum GamesCount to 500 II: 500 Miles to the Temple

418 100755
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Hello and welcome back! After a while (and me getting distracted), I have finally started the sequel to the original count to 500. Please read the rules and have fun... If you want to. It isn't in the rules.

In this game players must use dice to count to 500 by doing the following

1. State the current number which the count has reached
2. Roll 1d20
3. Flip 1 coin

Counting works as follows

The count starts at zero and resets upon completion of a count. You add the number on the 1d20 but, if the coin comes up as tails, divide the roll by 2 (rounding up) and take the resulting number away from the count. Mods and admins (if they ever join) always take away a full d20 and therefore don't have to flip a coin. The count can become negative and if it ever reaches -250, the mods and admins win, even if they haven't contributed. Any post that doesn't count or makes a mistake instantly removes 20 from the count (or adds twenty if it's a mod or admin). Missing the current count is a mistake (but if you still add to the count, the addition or subtraction counts as well as the penalty). Back to back (p1, p2, p1, p2, like in count to 100) counts as a mistake as well as double posting. B2b still counts, even if a mistake has been made in between viable posts. B2b only doesn't count if there is a reset. Double posting is allowed if it is to repeat a roll of flip which didn't work (because it contained invalid punctuation, for example).

Reaching 500 results in a win.

Players may name their rolls in any way (as long as it is not intentionally offensive).

A new addition to this game is that players must also count their personal scores with every post. This will be the players total contribution to their side in the game. At the end of each round, the totals shall be used to update a leaderboard. These totals are for all games and will not reset upon starting a new count.

Now, great players, you have started a great quest and must journey across the land of Armoria to find the legendary temple of the God of dice, Psuedo-rand, and his counterpart and wife in the other-realm, Flipper, Goddess of coins. This daunting task is harder than it may seem already as the defenders of the Temple are trying to stop you, misleading you in one way or another to send you the wrong way or hold you back. You must see through their tricks and reach the Temple.

Five_hundred = 5Miles_to_go = Tails

DICE RESULTS
5 = Five_hundred
COIN RESULTS
Miles_to_go
Tails
  • 418 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

-3) My first count in this game. 1d20=17 First count = Tails

Personal Score: 0

DICE RESULTS
17 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
First count
Tails
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

-20 for the mistake. Sorry but it a negative result is halved (rounding up) then taken away. Also, you post the current count,as it was when the last person counted, meaning that a correct post (for you) would state the result as -negative 12. -3 from my start post and -9 from Patrick's post. You don't add you personal count until your second post, at which point you would post -5 (your first post's result -20 for the mistake). Most people make mistakes to start with, so don't worry. The current number is -17.

Personal Score: 148

Mistakes = 13Are_part_of_this = Tails

DICE RESULTS
13 = Mistakes
COIN RESULTS
Are_part_of_this
Tails
armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

-17. -3 from Swarm's post (5/2 rounded up = 3), -9 from Patrick's post, -20 because Matt didn't write the number, +15 because Matt rolled 15 and got Heads. 1d20=5

Personal Score: 0 -> -23 (for the mistake and Tails)

Let's go! Flipper, decide if we should win or not. *hugs Flipper = Tails*

edit: sorry for being ninja'd

DICE RESULTS
5 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Flipper
Tails
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

That's OK

-47, I believe. We'll recover, as we did before... At least until the temple's defender appears...

Personal Score: 141

Anybody from the first game is free to add up their totals from then. I will trust you to get it right. Remember to include mistakes.

HahiHa = 19Is_coming = Tails

DICE RESULTS
19 = HahiHa
COIN RESULTS
Is_coming
Tails
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Swarm, how is your personal score at 148?

He counted his score from the first game.

----------------

Personal Score: 50 (-9 from first post in this game and 59 from the first game)

-64) PersonalScores = 5 IncludeThePreviousGame = Heads

DICE RESULTS
5 = PersonalScores
COIN RESULTS
IncludeThePreviousGame
Heads
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

-59 Meh. Will add my score from the first game at some point. Fear not valiant adventurers. I've fought with HahiHa before!I can protect you.

Personal Score: 0 (so far)

PseudoRand = 1
Flipper = Heads

DICE RESULTS
1 = PseudoRand
COIN RESULTS
Flipper
Heads
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

-58. For now, we travel through the thick forest safely, nothing unusual yet but, (after turning the map the right way up) we appear to be heading in the right direction again.

Personal Score: 131

Roll messed up.

COIN RESULTS
A_shortcut
Tails
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Sorry for that. I shall re-do it

We_can_call_it = 9

A_shortcut = Heads

DICE RESULTS
9 = We_can_call_it
COIN RESULTS
A_shortcut
Heads
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

-55. I only counted 240, Kat. Go through it again, please. Just in case. We are going for various reasons. I am going in order to see the ancient temple and record findings.

Personal Score: 140

Yay = 18

History = Heads

DICE RESULTS
18 = Yay
COIN RESULTS
History
Heads
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

- 37 (or - 57) wait, Swarm messed up the roll. Doesn't that count as a mistake that takes us 20 steps back? o.O

Personal Score: 1

1d20=20
Coin Flip = Heads

DICE RESULTS
20 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Heads
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

-17. It doesn't count as a mistake because,as I said before and have now added to the rules, mistakes are OK if you fix them and since you can't edit a mistake with a roll or a flip, a second post is allowed.

Personal Score: 158

We_are_getting = 19

Better_results = Tails

DICE RESULTS
19 = We_are_getting
COIN RESULTS
Better_results
Tails
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

-27) Unfortunately, we're still in the negatives.

Personal Score: 55

1d20=17 Coin Flip = Heads

DICE RESULTS
17 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Heads
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

-10 No worries. HahiHa will come, he will make a mistake as usual and boost us by 20 points

Personal Score: 21
(Also, I really propose that we ignore the first game for the scores. I've played a lot of it, so I would get a sizable boost as well, but really, it's not going to get us far. And new players will never be able to reach any spot on the "Leaderboard" if you make one.)

1d20=17
Coin Flip = Heads

DICE RESULTS
17 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Heads
armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

22. well, I'm not going to get my total from the last game right now, I'll do it later 1d20=15 YAYFlipper = Heads

This is going to get cool when HahiHa comes here

Personal Score: -23 -> -8

DICE RESULTS
15 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
YAYFlipper
Heads
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

37. Has @HahiHa noticed? The temple defender shall find us soon...

Doom, the point of the leaderboard is to show total contribution. If someone joins in the third iteration, then that won't mean that we will have to reset for them. New people will just have to contribute more if they want to get on the leader, but it is secondary to the aim of reaching 500.

Personal Score: 148

The_forest = 16

Is_big = Heads

DICE RESULTS
16 = The_forest
COIN RESULTS
Is_big
Heads
Showing 1-15 of 418