ForumsWEPRMigrants from mexico..... What are your views?

127 14753
squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

I went on this trip called the Youth Migrant Project for a week and the trip totally changed my life! You got to go to a migrant camp and see what it was like and the houses are as small as a small bedroom. I saw one house that size and six people were living in it. We got to help the migrants by giving them food in a food drive we did. When I was passing out food to them I saw a baby with a growth on its head. I met a girl named Lefelia while I was there and she is fourteen years old just like me, but her life is entirely different. She has lived in California, Washington, all over the place! Right now Lefelia, even though she is only fourteen, is working in the fields for her family. She probably will not go to high school or college. She will probably never get a real home, her own bedroom, or for that matter even her own bed. Man, the conditions they have to live in, for all they do for us, with so little pay, that's just wrong. Some people think they are here to steal our jobs, but they aren't. They are here to provide for their families and they are here because this is supposed to be a free country where any man can get the money he deserves. If we send the migrants away, who do you think will be generous enough to switch their nice office job to go live in a house the size of a small bedroom and pick berries for eighteen cents a gallon? Not me. Not you.
Fair trade is a solution that can help the migrants and their families. Fair trade products are sold and the maker of the product gets good money. Call or write a letter to a store near you and ask if they can get more fair trade products to sell. Go on trips like the youth migrant project. Tell people what you think about the migration issue. Speak out; it will make a difference.

• 127 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Americans are not fat and lazy!!!!!

Ha! Open your eyes kiddo...

Mexicans cause the most crime in the United States! And most of em are illegal aliens!!!

Show me proof.
SpartanWarrior3
SpartanWarrior3
175 posts
Nomad

Sure they should have the chance to start fresh, but not if they come illegally, not if they come without learning our own frikkun language, not with out getting a reality check and realize they arent liked by many.....and if they want to start fresh, hoo-zah! Just do it legally and speak our language.

jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

Wow, so many people are so dumb! It doesn't matter if they don't know English, they'll come to know it in time. Give them a break, people, some of them come here with $100 in their pockets, and some of them have to support a family. What would you do if you were in their position. Come to the USA and start fresh! It's as simple as that, and let's leave it there!

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Or MAYBE we should stop being such arrogant Americans and learn other languages with our surrounding countries.

There's an idea...

SpartanWarrior3
SpartanWarrior3
175 posts
Nomad

No, let's not. For one, don't come up her insulting me calling me dumb. For two, if these dirty Mexicans don't understand us, or tell us what we want, we don't need to hear there filth of a language. Sure, they try and support a family, but they need to know some basic aspects of starting fresh as an AMER-I-CANO! They need to learn how to speak our language, and that if they get caught they will get deported. They better come up here leggally and know our language before I show any acceptice or pitty them one bit...

jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

I agree with Asherlee on that topic too! I am learning Spanish right now actually! It's not hard, so stop being arrogant and learn a new language!

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Finally, another sensible idea on the matter.

SpartanWarrior3
SpartanWarrior3
175 posts
Nomad

I agree with Asherlee on that topic too! I am learning Spanish right now actually! It's not hard, so stop being arrogant and learn a new language!

This is coming from the person, who also said it didn't matter if they know english, well now theres an idea right jolly oh feller.

Also, enough arguing/debating whatever you call it. Yeah, I'll be in Spanish next year, also we obviously have different views, so we can't settle it in any way.
jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

Thank you, TotalReview, another sensible person who understands this issue!

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

It is a tough topic. Mainly because not all immigrants are the same. I think it is clearly unfair that we give these immigrants more benefits than the people who have lived here their whole life. I know people want a better life but we should treat everyone equal.

If an immigrant wants to come here and work his ass off, I am all for him coming here. People say they take jobs. Why didn't you have a job before they came? I am 15 and I got a job and I live in Michigan, worst economy right now.

If an immigrant is illegal or doesn't want to work, I think it is ridiculous that people who actually work pay taxes to take care of their lazy asses.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

For one, don't come up her insulting me calling me dumb. For two, if these dirty Mexicans don't understand us, or tell us what we want, we don't need to hear there filth of a language.

You need to check that attitude at the door. I will not stand for that kind of insulting either. You can't stand on your soap box and whine and then turn around and do it to someone else.

Sure, they try and support a family, but they need to know some basic aspects of starting fresh as an AMER-I-CANO! They need to learn how to speak our language, and that if they get caught they will get deported.

I hope that when you go visit a foreign country they make you feel ridiculed and frustrated because they won't cater to you like you think you should be. It is Americans like you that give us a bad name.
jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

I was talking about us, the people who live in nice homes and who have jobs. Not to the people who come here with $100 in their pocket trying to support a family...

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

This is coming from the person, who also said it didn't matter if they know english, well now theres an idea right jolly oh feller.

Uhmm...it doesn't matter if they know it when they come into our country. They will learn it. What is your point?
jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

Thank you Asherlee, that is exactly what I meant in my first comment!

It doesn't matter if they don't know English, they'll come to know it in time

I mean seriously, give them a break!
SpartanWarrior3
SpartanWarrior3
175 posts
Nomad

You need to check that attitude at the door. I will not stand for that kind of insulting either. You can't stand on your soap box and whine and then turn around and do it to someone else.

I can't respond to you without insulting you, so...ok.
I hope that when you go visit a foreign country they make you feel ridiculed and frustrated because they won't cater to you like you think you should be. It is Americans like you that give us a bad name.

I have my believe's, and sweetheart, reality check....almost all of the U.S.A. Agree with me, if they want to be apart of our culture, they need to act like us.
Showing 31-45 of 127