ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt, Music, and Writing Rules and Links *Please Read*

23 12457
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Welcome to the Art, Music, and Writing Forum! If you are new to this forum, please read the rules listed below. And if you are looking for a link to a popular thread, chances are you will find it here!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Art and Music Guidelines

The Art & Music category is here for artists and musicians to share their work and get feedback on it. Please make sure you follow these rules before creating a new topic:

- Do not claim others work as your own! It is stealing!

- No discussion of popular musicians (Celebrities). Instead use the Movies and Music category.

- No threads about images you find online. (Funny/strange/creepy pictures from Google images)

- Do not post a comment consisting only of a single image.

(Thanks to dank for putting this section together!)

Writing Guidelines

Original stories, poems, etc. can now be added to this creative forum! Here are some rules for writing submissions:

+ If you would like to post a story, please post a link to where the story is located. Discussion of the story can take place in the thread. The story itself should not be posted in this forum (would lead to too many large posts).

+ You are encourage to be creative, but what you post must still follow the posting Rules and Guidelines of Armor Games.

Please remember:

+ Be respectful of other users writing.

+ Please report inappropriate writing immediately.

+ Please alert a moderator if the above rules are not followed.

The Art & Music section is meant for people to post their own art or music so that other people can enjoy their talent.

If you would like to know what everyone's favorite song is or which anime is best, this is not the place to find out. If you would like to talk about music, anime, or movies- please post in the Movies & Music forum.

If you have any art you would like to share then you can either post a link to a website that features your art, or use the BB Code to post pictures directly in the thread. If you would like to share your music, simply add a link to a website that features your music.

Please make sure the website you link is appropriate. For example: DeviantArt

I hope this helps clear any confusion. Keep the site clean and show everyone your artistic side. = )

(Thanks to NoNameC68 for putting this section together!)

Helpful and Popular Links

There is an original Useful Links thread (made by jwalshjr), but this has some newer popular links as well:

GFX Art Battle

ASCII Art

Forum Signature Guidelines

Photography

Arax's Art Showcase

T-Shirt Design Contest

Draw That Pokemon!

MS Paint Mudkip Drawing Contest

Challenge Strop to Rap!

Share your instrument

MS Paint Pictures

Original Lyrics and Poetry

Alternatives to using Photoshop

Tips for Drawing Legs

Music by ubertuna

Original Art

And as always, please look to the Help page if you have any questions

• 23 Replies
SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

Carlie, this was the MS Paint picture thread, you linked the the thread where I just posted my work.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Well Done Carlie! This is very well put together. Good Work!

KingRyan

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

It does not seem that people know this, so rewriting it:

This thread is for your own creations only. Meaning that "what do you think about *insert title of song or book or movie*" is for the popular medias.
I do not know about the reviews, I am only saying what I know, because some of these things occur.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Woah, I just noticed that. Yeah guys, posting lyrics goes in the popular media section so I'll be deleting those posts...also make sure you aren't violating copyright :P

I'm in about as much in the know regarding where to put actual structured reviews as opposed to comments and opinions, because they are one and the same but one is more formal than the other. At this stage they'll be going here but this may (or may not) change in the future.

Skaven39q
Skaven39q
18 posts
Nomad

Well Done Carlie! This is very well put together. Good Work!

pika12377
pika12377
21 posts
Nomad

awesome stuff write there. its great how good you can write that stuff carlie!

P.S you should really keep writing stuff like that because you would really improve people!
NICE

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Well, fst6, many of us post a comment or title for the picture as well. :P

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Haven't you only gotten that once?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Yeah Fst, dishonorable mentions are just the handicap for the one week!

And aren't restricted to just the competitions, muahahahhaa. Just ask Pazx.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Ohhh yeah, I love what you made him do. Though he forgot to add it at least once. But lulz~

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

I have a question, though it wont really effect me in any way because I don't play any instruments.

But if a person is a musician and they made a video of themselves playing an original song, would they be able to put it in this section of forums?

Like the lyrics, or what the songs name is, plus the link. What the song is about, etc.

I know Estel plays instruments and he was going to show me a video of him playing a song. Which gave me this idea.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well so far they have allowed videos that have nothing to do with music or writing on here,and I managed to make the argument that they are artistic in a way.Also its based on music so even without a mod I would assume that it would be fine to do,although assuming things has gotten me in trouble before,but I'm pretty sure about it.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

As long as it is a video you have made to convey music, then it is perfectly fine.
The 'you have made' part, means that you must have at least performed the music. I wouldn't object to someone posting a link to a video of them singing a song written by someone else, as long as credits are given and they actually are singing, not using playback or something...

But yes, Cholokid, what you're asking, that should be just fine.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Ok thanks since im going to frequent this section more often now. I want to be one of the greatest writers on AG!

thiswontwork
thiswontwork
127 posts
Nomad

Erm sorry for asking a stupid question, but what is a BB code?
I have a pocture for a contest but i do not know how to post it here..

Showing 1-15 of 23