ForumsWEPRMona Lisa

37 23003
Oswald
Oswald
18 posts
Nomad

Is there any basis to the speculative descriptions associated with the Mona Lisa painting regarding the enigmatic smile and other mysterious observations? Or are they the product of mass imagination, propaganda and delusion?

• 37 Replies
Oswald
Oswald
18 posts
Nomad

I typically said, is there something that the Mona Lisa is hidding and we don't know it yet.

Oswald
Oswald
18 posts
Nomad

And yes, Mona Lisa was pregnant at the time. That is because researchers studying 3-D images of the âMona Lisaâ say she was probably either pregnant or had just given birth when she sat for Leonardo da Vinciâs 16th-century masterpiece. The clue was something she wore.

jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

I'd say this was one of Da Vinci's masterpieces. On one half of the painting, everything is happy and Mona Lisa is smiling. On the other side, everything is dark and gloomy, and she is frowning. A mystery isn't it?

I interpret as Mona Lisa having two sides, one a good side, the other a bad. Da Vinci may have seen this in her and decided to paint her that way. That's my theory!

Oswald
Oswald
18 posts
Nomad

@jeffwak906-

Good debate, I might have a hard time with that. But, Da Vinci also did something else unusual when he painted Mona. Look carefully at the picture; you will see that the two sides of the background do not quite match. The horizon on the left side seems much lower than the one on the right. The result is that when you look at the left side of the picture, Mona Lisa seems taller than when you look at the right side. So that means there could be a theme here.

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

The word you're probably trying to say is called Yin and Yang, and I actually never seen a Mona Lisa picture, can you give me a link or show the image please.

Oswald
Oswald
18 posts
Nomad

@El_Dyablo_666-
This color-coded elevation level contour map, similar to a topographical map, provides an accurate record of the exact overall shape of the poplar panel on which the Mona Lisa was painted. The contours show that the panel is warped, but scientists say there's no threat to the painting itself.

Oswald
Oswald
18 posts
Nomad

HEY! How come my picture did show up. What is up with the pictures?

Timegoesby
Timegoesby
1,006 posts
Nomad

It isn't hiding anything, it is just a fantastic work of art, if you think that it is hiding something then you might as well think that every painting has something hidden in it.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

http://www.johnmitchell.org/mona_lisa.jpg
Normal.

http://www.humor12.com/data/media/18/mona-lisa_www_Humor12_com.jpg
Thats what she is hiding.

http://www.monalisarevealed.com/assets/images/Mona_Lisa_3_copy.jpg
Supposedly in original color.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

The important thing to note about the Mona Lisa is that da Vinci had altered it quite a bit, but most importantly the colors that we see on the painting are not the colors it originally had. This is because of restoration efforts over the centuries to preserve some very volatile color schemes. Da Vinci was always interested in developing new colors and new brush techniques, and so this painting was likely just another experiment.
Humans have a propensity towards drawing parallels or seeing connections that aren't really there, and I think this painting is a prime example of that. There are plenty of things (like odd numbers on the back of the painting and subtle differences in her posture and clothing) that have speculators guessing, but the reasons behind these certainly cannot be ascertained by anyone other than da Vinci himself. And if we knew the reasons, the would most likely be less than exciting.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

mona lisa............whats so special about it i dont get it it is just a very famous painting

OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

So simple solution. Build a time machine. Go back in time and interview da Vinci about it.

Or we have option B. Which doesn't involve time travel. Just cloning. We find da Vinci DNA on the painting clone him and ask him about it in our time. Because if we go back in time Einstein will scream and yell and get all mad at us because he said time travel is impossible!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q397/OctoberSnowsSig/OctoberSnowsSig.png
Joing the Sig Strikers today!

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

http://www.zmescience.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/mona-lisa-painting.jpg

The above is Mona Lisa, and Mona Lisa's husband had asked Leonardo to paint Mona Lisa and give it back to him, and when Da Vinci got done with the painting, he liked it so much, that he lied to Mona's husband because he liked the painting to much to give it up.

Timegoesby
Timegoesby
1,006 posts
Nomad

That isn't true, we don't know who the Mona Lisa really is, or if that was her name.

jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

Oswald, I know that! I know the backgrounds are different too, I said that in my first comment. I don't know if you understood I meant the background too, but yes, I did!

Showing 1-15 of 37