ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Animated Sigs. - By KingRyan

Thread Locked

Posted Jul 18, '08 at 6:15am

kingryan

kingryan

4,165 posts

Hi All,

These are the Animated Sigs. I have made so far.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/kingryan.gif?t=1216354349
This one was the first ever Animated Signature on AG!

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/krsig3.gif?t=1216375954
I made this one because the first one is slightly too simple!

Got any ideas for more?

KingRyan

Posted Jul 18, '08 at 6:25am

Klaushouse

Klaushouse

2,853 posts

They are alright. Too simple and don't look good enough. But for the love of god don't bring animated sigs to AG. I really don't want to start having to look at these all the time... :(

Posted Jul 18, '08 at 6:38am

kingryan

kingryan

4,165 posts

Oh great response...

But don't worry, I will get sick of posting them eventually, and I doubt that many people will be able to make them...

KingRyan

Posted Jul 18, '08 at 6:52am

Klaushouse

Klaushouse

2,853 posts

Good animated ones are usually not long like the second and just having something moving or other. Like a person breathing or powering up. They are short, loop perfectly and just look cool. Try that out.

Posted Jul 18, '08 at 6:52am

crazynaitor

crazynaitor

2,536 posts

Good KingRyan I think the first one isn't good but the second was is awesome!

Posted Jul 18, '08 at 7:02am

kingryan

kingryan

4,165 posts

Yeah, like I said, these are just the beginning ones...I might be able to do a really good one on Monday when I have the day off of school...

KingRyan

Posted Jul 18, '08 at 7:18am

crazynaitor

crazynaitor

2,536 posts

Ooh I can't wait!

Posted Jul 18, '08 at 8:05am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

1) I agree with Klaushouse- too many animated sigs would make viewing AG hell. On the other hand, with the new size restrictions, it may be a little more bearable.

2) Fortunately not many people can do their own animated signatures. I personally like that little kitschy touch where those who can give it a shot so the results are, for want of a better term, noobish :P I totally lol'd at KR's second example...while it's not like totally pwnsome or l33t or whatever you might find in some hardcore videogaming forum, I don't care. And it probably saves on bandwidth- remember there's also a filesize limitation of 40kb.

To that end when signatures first started becoming popular, I whipped one up to see whether I could do something animated with a bit of lulz and keep it within 40kb. And guess what, I can!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/sp_ninja.gif?t=1216382766

But I don't ever intend to use a signature. That would not be the ninja way.

Posted Jul 18, '08 at 9:08am

dragoncrusher

dragoncrusher

780 posts

Yeah, I also agree with Klaushouse. Animated Signs would bring AG down, and make it a pain to view.

Posted Jul 18, '08 at 9:12am

crazynaitor

crazynaitor

2,536 posts

Ha Ha nice Strop!