ForumsThe Tavernwhat is your definition of NERD?

23 4470
pickle5
pickle5
99 posts
Nomad

I was sitting here wondering why people have different definitions of things. What are some that you know of?

• 23 Replies
Erstobalio
Erstobalio
18 posts
Shepherd

nen ele rare dude, thats dutch for a very weerd dude

fopop
fopop
58 posts
Nomad

Never ever are dudes.
What do u think?

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

A person named Norbert Gaylord who likes Galactic Invasion XXX.

Vitamins
Vitamins
141 posts
Nomad

An intelligent but single-minded person obsessed with a nonsocial hobby or pursuit.

Taken from dictionary.com

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Me

Nater
Nater
1,296 posts
Nomad

every body who is active on AG that plays more than an hour evry day

irken21
irken21
33 posts
Nomad

Nater would that happen to include you?

CowInAPie
CowInAPie
83 posts
Nomad

Nerd is a term often bearing a derogatory connotation or stereotype, that refers to a person who passionately pursues intellectual activities, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests that are age inappropriate rather than engaging in more social or popular activities.

Wikipedia.org - Nerd

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

An Intelligent human being who, even as smart as he/she is, they do not know when to get a life. They spend all of their free time reading textbooks and use Star Trek or whatever language. They also usually are in all of your gifted classes and get pounded every day.

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

me lol jk no a nerd is someone who is smart and gets beat up but that does not happen a lot
I guess I am a nerd because I take every hard class I take summer school oh no what have I become and I get straight A's urgh...
omg and I have a fav subject and it is...SCIENCE
wow I am a nerd

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Science...... I need to hunt you down. I just sleep in Science. Then my teacher gets mad and puts me under Satisfactory behavior and has not broken my lacks attention in class comment . I like Math for some strange reason. Maybe since I'm Asian or that I was born with an abnormal head and it might have a big brain in their.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

NERD= No Elephants Read Doggy.

jason100111
jason100111
199 posts
Nomad

my definition of nerd might be someone who has no social life , and spends virtually all his time on games/ sites or increasing his intellect ..... its not dictionary standard but mine =-p

haslife
haslife
136 posts
Nomad

http://www.americansplendormovie.com/photos/images/still10.jpg this is my definition of a nerd

Minerva
Minerva
1 posts
Nomad

I will go with Wikipedia's definition of one,

"Nerd is a term often bearing a derogatory connotation or stereotype, that refers to a person who passionately pursues intellectual activities, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests that are age inappropriate rather than engaging in more social or popular activities. Therefore, a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered a loner by peers."

Showing 1-15 of 23