ForumsWEPRtax cuts for the rich

25 4277
zerato5
zerato5
343 posts
Nomad

this wont apply to any outside of the US but i think punishing the rich that pay 40% of income taxes and supply almost 90% of the jobs is a bad idea, especially for a country with a bad economy

• 25 Replies
TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Haha, wow, you have it pretty wrong there. The middle class takes care of the lower class. Also, their taxes don't really affect their lives as long as they know to budget well. The middle class get screwed because really, there is no middle class. You are either poor or on the verge of being poor or you are the rich.

zerato5
zerato5
343 posts
Nomad

the rich pay taxes almost double thier income, the economy is steeply progressive and no matter of budgeting can help you then, listen the pooer pay about 10% of the taxes. most people in poverty live of of wellfare, payed for by taxes

d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

Our economy is definitely beginning to fall.

zerato5
zerato5
343 posts
Nomad

heres the chart

!)taxes increase
2)rich can afford to keep bussneses
3) they lay people off
4) the middle class goes to lower class
the poor increase

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

"You are either poor or on the verge of being poor or you are the rich."

Thats pretty much true.
Your either in the working or the ruling class.

"The middle class takes care of the lower class."

How o.O?

zerato5
zerato5
343 posts
Nomad

the last time taxes went that high the rich paid 19% beacuse they found ways to make less or shelter their income from the irs (carter years)

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

The rich evade the taxes by using off shore bank accounts. It is very hard for law enforcement to find them unless the people just come out with it. The rich get very many loopholes. Also, let's look at it like this. Just for example, let's say the middle class pay 25% in taxes and the rich pay 50% in taxes. A middle class worker makes around $40,000 a year so they would lose about $10,000. An upper class worker will make around $100,000 a year so they would lose $50,000. The middle class worker is getting hit harder because they are going down to $30,000 while the rich is still making $50,000. Even though those numbers are not correct, it puts things into perspective.

How o.O?

Because the upper class can cheat their taxes.
zerato5
zerato5
343 posts
Nomad

[quote]The rich evade the taxes by using off shore bank accounts. It is very hard for law enforcement to find them unless the people just come out with it. The rich get very many loopholes

that makes it right, no it dosnt and thats generalization

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Upper class does not pay as high as 50% taxes.
I'm not sure what the rates are but I think they are around the same.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

that makes it right, no it dosnt and thats generalization

What? When did I say it was right to do? I highly doubt if you are rich, you care about other people. We live in a world that revolves around money. Any way you can save it, you will do that. Also, I probably should have said most of the rich.
zerato5
zerato5
343 posts
Nomad

[/quote]Because the upper class can cheat their taxes.

so an the lower classes

[quote]Even though those numbers are not correct, it puts things into perspective.

hows this, the rich pays more taxes just beacuse thier succesfull, it shouldnt be about how much you make beacuse thats just taking advantage of the succesfull

zerato5
zerato5
343 posts
Nomad

[/quote]What? When did I say it was right to do? I highly doubt if you are rich, you care about other people.

wrong

[quote]Upper class does not pay as high as 50% taxes.
I'm not sure what the rates are but I think they are around the same.

40%

[quote]Any way you can save it, you will do that.

generalization

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

wrong

I probably should not have judged rich people like that. However, telling me I'm wrong is not a good reply.

40%

Hah, no. Read this.

generalization

Yes, that is the general mind, buddy. Greed is why we fight wars. Greed is why we fight each other. Greed is why people have their spouses killed. The list goes on and on.
TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Woops, the site is below...

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/2007/06/tax_rates_of_the_rich_and_famous/

zerato5
zerato5
343 posts
Nomad

[url=taxprof.typepad.com/taxproof_blog/2008]

then why are people living off medicare when they could be stealing TV's

Showing 1-15 of 25