ForumsSupport ForumToo many ghost profiles

23 3525
MyNameIsZain
MyNameIsZain
464 posts
Nomad

all of the member of ag are leaving and going to other sites, why do you think this is. We also have so many ghosts, we can delete those ghosts to make ag better. right.

• 23 Replies
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

..what do you mean ALL the members of AG are leaving? I see the opposite happening, there's a heck of a lot more new members joining day by day.

But I do agree with you on the point of ghosts. I think that someone should really get rid of inactive accounts

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Theres one problem. People sometimes quit only for awhile, like even StarScreamer just quit for a month or so, and then he came back for the Gold King. If this was in effect, he would've lost his account.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Sometimes people quit for a day and I think if someone says I quit in there about there comments should be disabled so there mightn't be as much spam.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

A lot of people are quitting, especially in the top 10. I agree with you on ghosts, though. It says that there are 118,000 accounts, but you can get 1 AP and be ranked 40,000.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Where did you even hear that members are leaving here? Anyways, I say they delete all the members with 0 AP that have been inactive for a while. If those people want to come back, they can re-make their account.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

If those people want to come back, they can re-make their account.

They shouldn't be upset about remaking it considering they would be exactly the same.
TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

They shouldn't be upset about remaking it considering they would be exactly the same.

Yeah, and I doubt those people would even be coming back. When I say inactive with 0 AP, I mean a week without any activity should just be deleted. This would make the site run better and the high score lists would work probably.
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

It says that there are 118,000 accounts, but you can get 1 AP and be ranked 40,000.

I noticed that aswell on a profile of someone who started today.
Kingy
Kingy
251 posts
Nomad

I know but some ghost accounts are helpful like SHOPS and stuff like that!

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

I know but some ghost accounts are helpful like SHOPS and stuff like that!

We talkign about the ghosts that have no about/armatar/comments/etc.

People are quitting due to lack of new things/something to do.

Ghosts are on every website you see, you notice it here more because you it shows your rank over how many members there are.
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

I don't see how the extra profiles are hurting anyone, so why do they need to be deleted? If someone wants to come back, they can, and unless the profiles are being spammed on, they're not hurting anyone.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Yea DM is exactly right for sure I mean how are they harm?

Kalkara
Kalkara
141 posts
Nomad

Yea DM is exactly right for sure I mean how are they harm?
I completely agree. It's not like they are doing anything bad
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

all the accounts that havnt been used ever or teh ones that have been banned should be deleted and thats it

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Ooh, the top 10 people are leaving... that doesn't speak for the rest of AG, now does it?

I understand that keeping the accounts would mean no harm... but think about the precious user names lost.

User names!

Showing 1-15 of 23