ForumsSupport Forum[necro] A armorgames.com wiki?

138 18753
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

In another topic me and dirkpitt1 were discussing making a wiki site for armorgames.com.here is the linkI actually like the idea and would be willing to help on it, but as dirk noted in this thread.It would be a good idea to see what the admins/mods think about the idea first, before we do so.So I am going to post this thread so that the admins may possibly respond quicker,and take more notice of the idea.

• 138 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Sure, as long as you state that it is members of the site and not the site itself who made the site. I don't see why it should be an issue. As long as you guys do it responsibly and with accurate information.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK then I hope dirkpitt reads this.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well there is one other thing though.He said it would be nice if some of the mods/admins were to help make it or something like that.It was originally his idea, and he plans on making the original part of the site, but more things can be added by you guys on the site.I wouldn't really take my word for it if I were you.It would be better to have dirk discuss the details a bit better.I think he wanted it to be a add-on to the original site or something, but that he would voluntarily do the work, with some other volunteers.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, well you would need to see if that is ok with some of the other mods then. It is up to them to whether or not they would want to add stuff to it. But don't expect them to add anything, moderation is a busy enough job as it is!

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Its a rather large job, as there are many stories, works of art, game walkthroughs, youtube videos, and music that people make.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Just do it over time. Wikipedia wasn't made in a night and neither does need to be.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Isn't the saying "Rome wasn't built in a day"? Anyways, I'm with Klaus don't rush anything, or you'll wind up with a badly done site. Just take your time.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well what were saying is even if we don't rush it.We will still need some help.The thing is Rome wasn't built over night, but it also wasn't built by one man.So help would still be nice.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

I don't have alot of experience, but let me know if I can do anything, alright?

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Well before Rome was built. They planned every single stone. So why don't you make an entire list of what you want and need. Then maybe I see what I can do to help. Maybe

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well maybe you have a point klausehouse.As for helping out,all we need to my knowledge is more resources.That comes from the users themselves who supply it.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Curious, what information is there to put into the wiki?

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Art, Gaming Walkthroughs, A possible RSS feed for the blog, youtube videos posted by users, music made, stories written... all that jazz.
As well as any tourneys people are holding.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well from what I've gotten youtube video's,art, and other stuff.Again, it would be for the best that dirkpitt tell you since its his idea.I'm just one of the first to help him.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Essentially, the wiki will be a type of AG member run newspaper, am I correct?

Showing 1-15 of 138