ForumsWEPRStarting Over

63 8162
TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

I figured this thread would cause some good debate. Every single one of us complains about at least one law or restriction. However, we never take into consideration the consequences of each law we would like put in place. So, let's start over. Right now, there are no laws and the members on here are the government. Basically, you just post a couple laws you would like put in place and the other members can debate on whether it is a good idea or not. There are no rules against what laws you want put in place. You can be detailed or not such as saying the exact punishment or just saying it is illegal.

This thread has two main reasons. The first is to cause good debate and discussion. It will get those brain juices flowing. The second reason is to show you that changing/making laws is not exactly as easy as you thought. We all complain about the government so now we are the government. Let's see how we do. By the way, we will be the government of America so everyone is on the same page. I will start us off with a couple laws and if you feel they are good, say I agree and post one or more of your laws. Eventually (won't take very long) we will get to a point where people disagree on a law. Okay, I think if you guys read this, you understand what is going on. If not, feel free to ask. Here are just a few laws to get us going.

- Killing another except in the case of self-defense should be illegal. Depending on the intensity of the murder, either life in prison or the death penalty.

- Raping another person should be illegal. I say 10-20 years in prison.

- Child molestation should be illegal. I would say 20-50 years in prison.

- The legal age where someone should be able to have sex should be 16.

More laws will be posted but I figured these would start us off. Feel free to debate/agree and even post a few or more of the laws that you think should be put in place.

• 63 Replies
Showing 91-90 of 63