ForumsWEPRShould Pluto be Considered a Planet?

41 8324
bigBLUEbOnG
bigBLUEbOnG
22 posts
Nomad

I personally believe that it should be a planet because it has it's own moon and that it has been orbiting the sun for many years.

• 41 Replies
Eric_Cartman
Eric_Cartman
100 posts
Nomad

.......... there is only 1 MOON in the universe, our sattalite, pluto has a sattalite the size of europe and pluto is the size of the usa. that is not a planet, planets should be -a large mass orbiting a star. and there are restrictions, if pluto becomes a planet then there will be 41254946659 plents in our solar system, since there are 41254946659 other astariods the same mass as pluto. only difference is people could see america sized &quotlanets" 100 years ago, that why they arent considered planets, they are too small, and if pluto becomes a planet like i said 41254946659 will be how many planets we have. sad and depressing age. you wanna learn all the names of the planets? sure, waste half your life doing that.

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

good point

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

i say pluto is to small to be considered a planet but so wat? it is the same peice of frozen rock no matter wat u call it

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

it shouldnt be.it is too small its just a giant frozen astreroid stuck in the suns gravitational pull.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

exactly...wat theone said just about sums it up

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

It is what it is, no matter what we say, but you are just closing the book on it, and not even putting a somewhat debatable stance on the subject.

And keep in mind, Pluto has a moon, orbits the sun, but is pretty small. But it is large enough to have a moon, which you must remember.

MechanizedGrinder
MechanizedGrinder
232 posts
Nomad

i still consider it a planet

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

NASA officially announced that it was not a planet.

Capping years of intense debate, astronomers resolved Thursday to demote Pluto in a wholesale redefinition of planethood that is being billed as a victory of scientific reasoning over historic and cultural influences. But the decision is already being hotly debated.

Officially, Pluto is no longer a planet.

"Pluto is dead," said Mike Brown, a planetary scientist at the California Institute of Technology who spoke with reporters via a teleconference while monitoring the vote. The decision also means a Pluto-sized object that Brown discovered will not be called a planet.

found at msnbc.com
iPC
iPC
146 posts
Nomad

No, it shouldn't be a planet. Why? Because, by definition, it's not.

It's like saying that a rock is a tree. Say it if you want, but it can make communication pretty difficult.

C_is_for_Cookie
C_is_for_Cookie
713 posts
Nomad

Pluto is, like, my favorite planet, (besides Earth,) and I think it should still be a planet!
But, it is a Dwarf PLANET, so I'm half-happy! Lol!
( :

Scornic
Scornic
34 posts
Nomad

When I was your age, Pluto was a planet.

Showing 31-41 of 41