ForumsSupport Forumthe site needs more moderators

58 8371
Generalhero
Generalhero
396 posts
Farmer

This site hasn't got enough moderators.
How can 5-6 mods take care of the thousands of spammers on this site????
More mods = Less spammers = Better site .
What do you think about this idea???
Please awnser

• 58 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Naming people to be mod isn't really helping much. If anything you could end up jeopardizing them if a mod thinks the asked you to say that stuff. Saying someone is good won't help anything. If they are good the mods will notice them and said person will become a mod if need be.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

I think the mods are fine and Carlie also helps out a lot. Once it becomes too much for the mods, they will choose a new one to help out. It really is not that big of a deal. Please don't suggest yourself or others to become mods.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I think Carlie would be a good mod. I think she should be promoted for community manager(eww thats like scrapping grease at mcdonalds) to mod! ***

***Just going to say this here cause I know 80% of the world won't understand my blatant sarcasm and say I am stupid. You know who you people are.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

this is a good idea..but it should be people that care about newer members also like someone who just joined you see them and comment them "welcome" or "hello" or something.thats what mods also need to have.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

A few things here:

We only choose people who we are confident will make great moderators. Our standards can be seen here. If we are not choosing more moderators right now, it is because we do not feel that anyone meets these standards currently. When we think someone is ready, we will ask them to be a moderator. But this is up to our judgement. We will not ask more people to be moderators unless they meet all of these standards. We are going for the quality over quantity view here.

As far as voting for people to become moderators, please do not. The fact is, we hand pick moderators. Normally, we do not choose people who members think should be moderators, and we have very good reasons for who we choose and who we do not. Voting, or going around saying someone should be a moderator, will most likely only lead to getting their hopes up and disappointed. The fact is, we choose moderators. If it was up to members to choose them, we would have a very different group of moderators than we do now.

Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

I'm pretty sure they've been working on getting more

Generalhero
Generalhero
396 posts
Farmer

I think it would seriosly help the site

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Ok, more mods means less fun on this site. Everyone would be all serious and there wouldn't be anymore fun on the forum.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

i agree..although it would help a little.i bet if we did get more mods when we post a topic"who can post the last before a mod locks this" is gonna be the person who started it.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

It would be good because we would have more merits and they would be nice. Not all are rude and strict. Really non are!

Eyes
Eyes
139 posts
Blacksmith

When we think someone is ready, we will ask them to be a moderator. But this is up to our judgement.

I would infer from that that it doesn't matter what anyone else has to say. That's just my interpretation. So...what is the point of continuing to say "it would be good/bad"? Does anything constructive happen when you say that?
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

The only reason I want a new Mod or two is to help around with Merits and locking. We've got truck loads of new members pouring in everyday. Some make great merits like Total and Dominated. Once, I saw half of a comments page with Merit worthy comments. I never thought that would happen. However, with great members comes big spammers. Their was a massive lockage a couple of days ago. Like 20 topics locked. Moderators can contain that and be scouting for more. I just want like one more Moderator. Maybe a girl since we only have 1 girl on Moderators and one on Admin.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Ok, more mods means less fun on this site. Everyone would be all serious and there wouldn't be anymore fun on the forum.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that.Just because someone is a mod,doesn't mean they are uptight or anything of the sort,and there are probably very few chances of anyone anytime soon becoming one anyways.On the other hand though they do say they look for people who are more mature,and typically choose older members,but even the most mature people can be laid back at times.Anyways I think I may have blown this out of proportion,and I will just say this once again.There is a very small likelihood of anyone becoming a new moderator in the near future,and also one of the members of ArmorWiki collected information on all of the AG staff on our website.The truth of the matter is that there are at least 5 admins,8 moderators,and 3 developers.If you want more info on this [url=http://armorwiki.wetpaint.com/page/AG+Staff+Members]click here.Thats all I have to say on this matter.
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Yes, because it would also stop twice as much spamming, and prtect the site more often. It would be great to see a new moderator or administrator.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I screwed up my last post,by not adding a certain part of a html code in.sorry about that.Here is the fixed link

Showing 16-30 of 58