ForumsThe TavernA Mighty Axe Vs A Long Sword.

17 3389
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Who will win?

• 17 Replies
soccer_mylife
soccer_mylife
388 posts
Nomad

i think a long sword if you have a shield because you can be so much more swift what doyou think though Zega

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

A mighty axe. The sword would just break when it hit the axe. =O

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Depends on the enemy your facing. If their agile and sneaky, long sword. But if their slow and blunt, hit them with a huge axe.

Blood_Angel
Blood_Angel
54 posts
Nomad

If the axe is a REALLY heavy and long axe, and the sword is a REALLY long claimore, i can easily say that there's not one better, all depend from the character ^^

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Long Sword would be better if you actually fought because a mighty axe would only have the top being sharp

superdavo
superdavo
23 posts
Nomad

Long sword as it is lighter and therefore more agile in the hands of a skilled user. Whereas a mighty axe is wielded with two hands and is relatively slow to swing and maneuver.

dmccoy25
dmccoy25
66 posts
Nomad

If both combatants are skilled, long sword 9 out of 10. The sword could easily deflect the axe blows and is fast enough to kill your opponent with a small opening. That would be why in history, you never saw knights wielding axes and almost always used swords.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Rankly, if it was me, I'd rather a knife, 'cause I would rather get them before they even noticed me. But, is I had to choose, I'd go sword, 'cause I probably couldn't lift a huge axe.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

I'd use a sword it is faster but a mighty axe is powerful and not very easy to manuever.

__Michael__
__Michael__
228 posts
Nomad

long sword. cause its long.

ike354
ike354
53 posts
Nomad

Sword. Nuff' said.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

it really doesn't matter which weapon it is, it all depends on who is using it. If it was Maximus from gladiator, I would say the sword, but if it was Gimli from lotr, of course it would be the axe. so now comes the real question, Gimli with a battle axe, or Maximus with a longsword? It's a fair fight really, but I'd go with Maximus because, being a gladiator, he would be better at the 1 vs. 1 style of fighting.

PurEvil
PurEvil
409 posts
Nomad

yea ur right in 1vs1 sword is better but if u fight in a real battle then the axe is better cuz u can swing it around killing multiple enemies at once

Veobahamut
Veobahamut
887 posts
Nomad

log sword is faster more agile battle axe could get stuck in a big tree or something

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

A long sword, you could reach out and stab your enemy before he gets in range to hack at you with his axe.

Showing 1-15 of 17