ForumsWEPRRussia vs. Georgia

38 6508
theone
theone
394 posts
Nomad

What do you think about it if you ask me the U.S should stay out of it. We are fighting Iraq ya know.

• 38 Replies
Crazy_Chris_84
Crazy_Chris_84
139 posts
Peasant

It's not a matter of Russia trying to get Georgia back. They are actually sending a message. According to my co-worker he said that Georgia tried to join NATO. NATO is an alliance that was founded in the western region and Russia is in favor of that. If it did let Georgia join up then Russia would have an enemey at its border. They are sending a message to the other neighboring countries that any other nation that tries to join up would get pounded like Georgia. Sad part is that lots of people were killed to get this message accross.

Just for the record the Georgia that we are talking about, is a country in Europe. Not one of the states in the U.S.

Crazy_Chris_84
Crazy_Chris_84
139 posts
Peasant

My bad there is a typo.

Russia is NOT in favor of NATO.

th3pr3tz3l
th3pr3tz3l
189 posts
Nomad

I think Russia is going to take this one, mostly because I believe all these smaller coutnries will eventually be swallowed up by the larger ones.

But really, if the US government gets mixed up in this they are idiots. They've got enough on their hands with Iraq, and Afghanistan. Don't go making trouble in another area of the world.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

america will get involved because they do believe that they are the world police, then they will drag othe countries into like the UK.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Why does everyone think that America has nothing better to do than declare war on random countries or something?Anyways at this point I don't know what the U.S. government is doing about all of this,but I don't think we will declare war on anyone though.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

Why because there is a chance that you will lose?

kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

if we do people will get mad at the president likthey did w/ bush because we went to iraq, so if we do, everyone will hate teh next president, but if we dont the same thing will happen

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

yea this just became a really big issue in the news. i believe that the US is just going to but in like always. but this is very dangerous to do and hope they wont do so. but can some one plz aknowledge me why they are fighting, leave it on profile. thanx

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, the dRussians were getting a lot of flak for bombing apartment buildings in the Georgian capital. The Russian artillery has a very complex targeting system called gravity. They just shoot up the shells and hope that gravity pulls the bombs down at the right place.

TH4_L3G3ND4RY_1
TH4_L3G3ND4RY_1
14 posts
Nomad

I have heard of this problem. Isn't Georgia like a thousand times smaller than Russia? Of course, I am being exaggerant.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@TH4_L3GND4RY-

Georgian Population- 4,630,841
Georgian Land Area- 26,911
Russian Population- 141,377,752 54x larger
Russian Land Area in Square Miles- -6,592,812 260x larger

@topic- The US ought not be an international policeman.

TH4_L3G3ND4RY_1
TH4_L3G3ND4RY_1
14 posts
Nomad

They decided to be the international police because they feel they are a world power. They are actually but Russia is pretty big and could nuke us...

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I'm honestly really worried about this. Then again, I always fear the end of the world... and knowing that Russia is a developed country with plenty of nuclear weapons at their fingertips... *shudders*

I just wish we kept our noses out of other people's business. Does it have anything to di with us? Not that I can think of.

On a sillier side note, I freaked out when I saw the news that Russia invaded Georgia, until I realized it wasn't referring to the state... Then I still freaked out, but slightly less )

theone
theone
394 posts
Nomad

I just hope that it want be like Iraq.

theone
theone
394 posts
Nomad

Not want won't.

Showing 16-30 of 38