ForumsSupport ForumPower to the forum-ers!

53 6651
Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

I feel like it's about time to give the people in the forums a little more power. After all, the mods can't do absolutely EVERYTHING. I think that we should be given the power to lock a thread after certain number of votes, and maybe the person who made the thread can just lock it themselves after a certain number of time. Also, we should be able to punish spammers, as in, after a certain number of votes against the spammer, the spammer loses 50 AP.

I mean, spam is EVERYWHERE, but it's not getting taken care of. For example, someone had the nerve to make a thread called "ahhhhhhhhhhhh". It is nothing but spam, but it's still going, three hours later. We should be able to stop these things, don't you agree?

• 53 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

This is what the flag function is all about, so that you guys can help us find and control spam. The problem is, most people don't even use this tool. So if we give you guys this tool, and most people don't use it... what is the point of more tools?

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I agree with carlie. There is already the flag tool, and no one uses it. it would just be more code and headaches at the AG office building.

Wait what... I am actually AGREEING with a mod? I must be sick. lol!

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I can think of other uses for locking your own threads besides people spamming on it.It would be hard to explain though.

Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

I think that spammers should lose 50 AP and that people who created a topic can delete it, then there wouldn't be as many topics that aren't ever responded to

Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

although I do agree with Carlie too...

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

I think everything is fine. If the Mods need some help, I'm sure they would let us know.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Flappybob summed it up the best. This is a GAMING site! We are not turning into a myspace type of site. There is no need for members to have powers like that. If you think a thread should be locked, either don't post in it or just comment one of the mods. If you see spam, just use the red flag. DO NOT POST. It is so stupid when members post "OMG he spammed." Well, you people are way worse then the actual spammer.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Serious spammers are banned and dealt with. Minor spammers are warned and their spam is taken care of. Taking away points may just antagonize them to come back and spam more. Sometimes, the more rules a site has, the more it will come back and bite them. It would be nice to have the option to lock your own thread though. I find this appropriate for when i recieve the answer i need in a thread. It would prevent others from bumping it up. Just give it time. Armor Games is working on the bigger broader issues with the site to offer better functionality. Once the corporation feels comfortable with the way things are going, then they may choose to fine tweak these smaller issues. Remember the site is still fairly young. (despite Carlie's posts :P) Armor Games 2.0 was only establishes late December.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Well, you people are way worse then the actual spammer.

I don't know, did you see the AHHHH thread earlier today? That was the worst spamming I've ever seen... but yeah, I hate it when people do that.
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

The whole issue with all CAPS thread titles and really uber long ones was the reason for the new mod tool implemented into armor games. Now the mods can rename, and even move the threads instead of locking and having the member re-create the thread.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I say we give me unimaginable power with no jurisdiction. That usually works really well.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

a member with that much power couldn't take it.... the power would soon consume hem and they would be an emotional nut case that lives out of a pink suitcase.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

That's no problem Arax. I do that anyways!

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Why not a crimson suit case or at least regular red.I mean why pink?

Anyways yeah someone could use multiple accounts,and the last thing we need is more ghost profiles.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Well, armor games administration has enabled email verification for new accounts. In order to create more accounts, the person would need access to multiple e-mails, or just create more e-mails. This new verification limits the amount of ghost profiles made.

Showing 16-30 of 53