ForumsSupport ForumPower to the forum-ers!

53 6650
Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

I feel like it's about time to give the people in the forums a little more power. After all, the mods can't do absolutely EVERYTHING. I think that we should be given the power to lock a thread after certain number of votes, and maybe the person who made the thread can just lock it themselves after a certain number of time. Also, we should be able to punish spammers, as in, after a certain number of votes against the spammer, the spammer loses 50 AP.

I mean, spam is EVERYWHERE, but it's not getting taken care of. For example, someone had the nerve to make a thread called "ahhhhhhhhhhhh". It is nothing but spam, but it's still going, three hours later. We should be able to stop these things, don't you agree?

• 53 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Well, armor games administration has enabled email verification for new accounts. In order to create more accounts, the person would need access to multiple e-mails, or just create more e-mails. This new verification limits the amount of ghost profiles made.

He speaks the truth. Making new accounts is quite bothersome. Having to create a new e-mail everytime gets quite annoying and will probably cause someone to think twice. For examlpe when I try to make like 20 accounts to chat with myself and go on forums and promote my awesomeness("oh man klaus rocks" and such) I give up at 10 accounts because of it!
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Voting is bad for anything because you can jsut form a group and vote against them for no reason.

Well, I really sincerely doubt that someone would be able to gather the 50 + people required to block something.
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

well yeah you could just tell your friends to vote against a random guy.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

99.999999999% of email services are free, so it would be very easy to do that.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Exactly, but what we're saying is you can only lock something if it gets like 50 + votes. And no one could get together 50 people to lock one little thing.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

If they were motivated enough, they could

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

What we're saying is it would take 50 different people.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

For examlpe when I try to make like 20 accounts to chat with myself and go on forums and promote my awesomeness("oh man klaus rocks" and such) I give up at 10 accounts because of it!

Your ego is an inspiration to me.

Anyways, the mods and admins are doing a great job. Once they need some help, they will pick a new mod. There is no reason for us all to have that much power since there are ways it could turn ugly.
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

we should have voted 50+ times then it only gets recommended that the mods punish them not that it happens right away.like in the old chat rooms you get warned out of nowhere and you get booted its stupid people actually are so immature to do that stuff that 7 year olds would do.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Why is this still being talked about. The fact is that this isn't coming to AG and chatting about it is totally useless. Sorry to say but as many pages of people say it should happen, it won't happen. Ever.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

everyone having the same power as a mod and maybe locking almost everylittle thing they think is spam

That is true. Even with voting, any one spammer could get his spamming buddies and create a small army of Locks >.<
Won't ever happen, as much as many deny, you just can't trust the mortal with that sort of power XD
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

we should have voted 50+ times then it only gets recommended that the mods punish them

That's just counter-productive. One Flag makes a post seen by a mod, why make it 50 Flags? Seriously? It's disastrous. This is for when no mods are on, which happens pretty frequently now, actually.
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

This is for when no mods are on, which happens pretty frequently now, actually.

I think they're conspiring against us! They want to take our blubber T^T

Nah, even if it's just for when the Mods are gone, so AG Forums can sorta 'run themselves', the whole phrase 'when the cats away the mice will play' usually happens. I can see the disaster already o_o
purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

I hear ya but this is not a democracy it is a dictatorship okay and the mods basically run it all they do all the dirty work for dan and they punish us for revolting grrrrr...
lol jk well yeah like I said it is a dictatorship

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Yep, and notice- in a democracy, there are still a number of conditions for one to vote...such as being of the legal age.

Everybody here who is of legal age, say aye?

...aye...

Showing 31-45 of 53