ForumsWEPRHave We Come To Far To Turn Back

40 7081
darkhandmaster
darkhandmaster
62 posts
Nomad

with all the problems in the world today like polution and global warming there have been many attempts to fix them. i have a fealing that we should gust leave the world as it is today before we posibly make it worse.
tell if you agree or dissagree,also coment on wy profile

• 40 Replies
TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

we may be stuck with another bush for 4 more years..

We will always be stuck with a "Bush" as president. The president is a puppet and we all fall for it. Instead of actually looking at the whole government, we blame it directly on the president. We have checks and balances so the President doesn't really have that much power.

I bet my life that the next president will be hated after a year or two. It is because the overall government will be the same but we will be blaming Obama or McCain.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

How about not. A revolution is not going to change anything in America. There are way too many personalities for us all to come together. Look at how strikes in a business go. We would have to "sign" a crappier "contract" then before.

Not quite sure what you mean?
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

If you want to 'turn back' in the way being described, you'd have to find a way to cull about half the world's population.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

If you want to 'turn back' in the way being described, you'd have to find a way to cull about half the world's population.

Aye, well it will stop increasing once we get another few billion...
shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

yea,it just seems that everything that falls on the category fun harms the enviroment.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Fun doesn't, machines do.

ngfan14
ngfan14
870 posts
Shepherd

yea,it just seems that everything that falls on the category fun harms the enviroment.

Kind of true. But what about sports? I'm not sure if the making of basketballs, footballs, etc. harm the environment but I'm sure they don't as much as creating other things.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure if the making of basketballs, footballs, etc. harm the environment

Anything made in a factory is somewhat harmful.
tanstaafl28
tanstaafl28
336 posts
Farmer

with all the problems in the world today like polution and global warming there have been many attempts to fix them. i have a fealing that we should gust leave the world as it is today before we posibly make it worse.
tell if you agree or dissagree,also coment on wy profile

We can't go back, but we can modify how we go forward.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

We can't go back, but we can modify how we go forward.

Forward can be back.
Wolfly
Wolfly
3 posts
Nomad

I think we couldn't adjust if we were to change the way our world works right now. There'd always be those who are against it.

XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

It's never too late. And I don't think mass suicides of humans is a very good idea. :/

bigbrain
bigbrain
1,594 posts
Nomad

I agree,but most people will keep their cars and ignore other warnings and there is nothing that we can do...
P.S.:In the next few days I will nuke the planet to destroy everything!!!

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I am just going to go in the woods, with no provisions, and just live off the land. Forget the complicated civilized life. I don't need college, I don't need money. I'll just hunt and gather.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I dont belive leaving the world the way it is,, is the right thing to do. Apathy never solved anything. Surveys and polls show that many people would be willing to obey government imposed laws restricting them in some areas to aid in global warming but there is a kind of twisted mentality at the moment of no one else is doing anything so why should I. What the world needs is the political will to do something. Then something could be done. Until that day comes though things willl get worse and worse as the solution to global warming is a lot like communism. Unless everyone does it, it cannot work.

thepyro u sound a lot like the guy from into the wild.

Showing 16-30 of 40