ForumsWEPRHave We Come To Far To Turn Back

40 7083
darkhandmaster
darkhandmaster
62 posts
Nomad

with all the problems in the world today like polution and global warming there have been many attempts to fix them. i have a fealing that we should gust leave the world as it is today before we posibly make it worse.
tell if you agree or dissagree,also coment on wy profile

• 40 Replies
dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

Pyro, make sure you do a lot of reading and practice before you head off into the woods, I'm pretty sure it's harder then you may think. Have you ever read Into the Wild? by John Krauker? You should. Also read Henry David Therau's Walden

That's a much better post Woddy, sorry I called you an f'ing retard. I'll work on my appreciation of Brit Humor.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

no harm done. Brit humour isnt to everyones taste.

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

You guys are right. Even though we are attempting to create green cars, and better fuel cells, and other "green" stuff it's still won't help much unless we go completely green, including our manufacturing. The greener and more technology filled our stuff becomes, the more difficult, expensive and polluting it is to build it. Lets say you want to build a car with just an engine on it: simple, one factory builds an engine. If instead we build a car with a fuel cell, tons of sensors, gps, xenon lamps, computer technology, it will take alot more to build it and many more factories will run, burning up energy. And since most of our energy comes from coal powered plants, we are basically putting our pollution and emissions behind a curtain. "Well my car is green, I'm an awesome environmentalist" ! No offense, because I think the same way, but by buying a green high tech car, you are basically moving your emissions to the factories and plants, instead of from under your seat.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Well im gonna keep quiet...(as a pilot i give off the same amount of emmissions in 1 sortie that a car would in a year especially if i VTO, no one tell Flipski

But to offset that i always remember to unplug my phone charger when my phone isnt charging. Hows that for green eh?

dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

ha. Personally, I ride my bike everywhere I can and I recycle. I'm sure I could do more, but at least it's somethign right? If there were fewer people in this world of ours say (1 billion) things would be different but alas there are so damn many of us... Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe WWIII wouldn't be such a bad thing (a bit of wry American sarcasm)

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

haha, I liked the American Sarcasm comment. You guys do a pretty good job, I need to start riding my bike more often. :/

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

lol i agree with flipski nice US humour there. Altho in 5 months i go to Afghanistan and i will most likely drop some bombs in my 4 months out there. I may even hit some cars so essentially i am celebrating
1. less people alive putiing less strain on old mother earth
2. less cars on the road

Sounds a bit cruel but hey us Brits enjoy a bit of black humour.

Lilboi3000
Lilboi3000
230 posts
Nomad

Well, you can't "Turn back" on global warming. Its either, we solve it, or we don't.

dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

Haha Woody, if I didn't "know" you a bit by know i'd think that was kinda sadistic but now I just laugh

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

yes. I like to think of myself as an optimist. I am trying to find the good in any situation!

Showing 31-40 of 40