ForumsWEPRVideo games in the Olympics.

31 6179
MasterChef117
MasterChef117
609 posts
Nomad

I was one of the many people to watch the CGS gaming championship. Now the coach for this years champions Birmingham Salvo wants video games in the Olympics. Should there be video games in the big rings?

• 31 Replies
Lilboi3000
Lilboi3000
230 posts
Nomad

I don't understand what your saying. Can you sort of clarify it?

MasterChef117
MasterChef117
609 posts
Nomad

Do you think video games should be in the olympics?

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, it would be cool watching people own in Halo...

gamezboy123
gamezboy123
83 posts
Nomad

that would be the best

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

The olympics is a physical competition, I just think there should be annual game tournaments. It shouldn't be in the olympics though.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

No, no, no, no, no. First off, Olympics are physical, like thoadthetoad said. Second off, there are ALREADY gaming competitions.

ngfan14
ngfan14
870 posts
Shepherd

As much as I like to play video games, I am against the idea of them being in the Olympics. It would be really boring watching people play them and all of events in the Olympics are PHYSICAL sports. Even wii sports doesn't take enough physical effort compared to any of the events in the Olympics. And some countries don't play video games as much as other countries do. Video games aren't popular all around the world.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

I wouldn't mind if they were put in the Olympics. It would be actually sort of interesting to watch. The only problem is how would they decide on a game?

Second off, there are ALREADY gaming competitions.

What is your point? There are ALREADY multiple competitions for the current sports in the Olympics.

Video games aren't popular all around the world.

None of the sports in the Olympics are popular all around the world. They may be popular in some major countries but that is not every competing country.
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

This is just ridiculous. Video game is not a freaking sport, its a time passer.
You dont let guitar hero players join your band.

MasterChef117
MasterChef117
609 posts
Nomad

Actually Total all sports in the olympics have to be played professionally in a certain number of nations to make it.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Over my dead body.

The Olympic games are meant to be the traditional sports that have existed for a long time. They are the most athletic of the sports and games. If video games enter the Olympics, that would be ridiculous and pitiful.

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

everyone is dead on with this.. this is a ridiculous proposal.. no games do not belong in the olympics

dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

I have to agree that video games don't belong in the Olympics. It's fine even good that there are video game competitions but they jsut don't belong in the Olympics.

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

Ya, video games in th Olympics sounds like a silly idea. Even if video games were popular all over the world, people all over the world do not play the same games so they wouldn't be able to compete. Also, Video games are not physical competitions, they are more of a time passing game like chess. They don't have board games in the Olympics, and those have been around much longer. As with other things like Poker, video games could have their own competitions, but not in the Olympics.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

To get into the Olympics an event has to be recognised as a sport by the IOC. There is no way in hell that videogames would ever be ecognised as a sport by the governing body and why should it be. Case Closed.

Showing 1-15 of 31