ForumsProgramming ForumBest FREE Web Hosting

17 4948
gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

I recently decided to make a site for my mom. We don't want to spend money. Therefore, I was wondering, what is the best FREE hosting provider?

• 17 Replies
kibblesand123
kibblesand123
423 posts
Nomad

weebly.

infernacron
infernacron
1,380 posts
Nomad

gman if u r going to make a site about the inheritance it's done

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

www.spruz.com

They offer forums, member stats, member pages, and alot more Yry it out

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Urgh free websites! Hosting and domain names are so cheap these days! It costs maybe 16-20 bucks a year to maintain a site.. and with simple and free programs like wordpress you can have a personal site with your own domain that looks amazing and professional and like you spent tons of money on it.. for like.. $20.. why not do it for so cheap!

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Well wordpress is basically a blog but you can personalize it. You can use wordpress for free and not spend the 20 bucks .If you cannot/don't want to pay for it.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Well wordpress without your site.. is nothing. Unless you use a wordpress site itself, which ruins the whole own domain and the freedom of it. Wordpress I am pretty sure will put things on your site like made by wordpress or such.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

True you have more freedom but at a cost I personally don't have $20 to spend on wordpress no one visits my site anyway so why would I spend money on it? Anyway if you don't have your site on google it doesn't exist that's my theory.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Why would you spend 20$ on wordpress? You spend 20$ on a domain and hosting. And if you can't muster up 20$ a YEAR then I think you have some problems bigger than finding free hosting. Think of it as getting yourself a dollar and 50 cents a month. You aren't going to tell me you can't do that. If you can then bam you have hosting.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I can but whats the point of wasting money if people don't visit the site. Anyway my friend had his website for like 2 years now but no one really visits it. So to me its just a waste of money unless I can get a really good web hosting like 100 mb + space. I also don't have a credit card or have access to someone who does so I couldn't get it even if I tried.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

gman, try invisionfree! Its got simple layout, and if you want to get a bit more advanced, you can build a chat, music playlist, and arcade INTO the skin, so its on every page. You can customize it however you want, word filters, word limits, ban people, admins, mods... Its great. Try it!

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

Sweet, I got my 2 sites on Google! XP But to answer the question, use freewebs. www.freewebs.com It is very easy to understand, and they have many new cool features!

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

Okay, I have seen a lot of good suggestions... I have found a sweet site by the name of http://www.000webhosting.com
It is pretty good. Kinda hard to work with though...

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

I went with freewebs. It looks good so far.

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

OKAy, good...freewebs is one of the best. Great!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Freewebs is awesome, but the site builder takes a while to load. Can get a bit glitchy too.

But I quite like it.

Showing 1-15 of 17