ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPeriodic Poetry Contest - Theme: Touch of Truth (Page 390, due Jan. 28)

3868 3211743
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

First, I will post the overall rules, and then I will post the specifics about this week.

Original rules, as stated by Ubertuna:

It must fit the week's theme.
It must be submitted by the deadline.
It cannot have inappropriate language in it.
It cannot be stolen (if you plagiarize, we will find you).

Also:

The poem must be created for this contest
A user cannot win two weeks in a row (though everyone is welcome to submit every week!)
Only one submission per user will be accepted

As we all know, the winner will recieve a merit, and their poem will be featured on the _Poetry_ page.

OK, on to this week's topic...Again, we are having a style instead of a theme. Also, this week we are having TWO WEEKS to do it, instead of the usual one. Why? Because this will be an EPIC poem. Or, rather, a parody of an epic poem. Generally, epic poetry is very long, and tells the serious story of a heroic figure. Well, this week, the epic figure is YOU! Write a long poem (I'll leave the definition of 'long' up to you, but give it a good go) about the heroic story of you! It can be silly, serious, whatever... just have fun with it. You have two weeks, so have a great time!
  • 3,868 Replies
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Moat is much less active. Be patient.

Someone will have to step up in 2 weeks though.

It won't be me, I can assure you. 2 contests would be extremely hard to judge.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Someone will have to step up in 2 weeks though.

I volunteer, although I am also in charge of the Tanka Contest. That contest pretty much died when I took over, though, so it doesn't matter much.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Here if needed.

Am happy to judge if no one else wants to.

Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,207 posts
Nomad

On the 28th of December I got a gold medal (God knows how the heck I did that). Would I just use Carlie's profile and post a comment there to collect my merit?

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Yes you do.

Although include the link, otherwise they won't give you one. They probably aren't going to search either.

So yeah.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Am happy to judge if no one else wants to.

What if someone else does want to? I ask this because I want to.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Guys, hold up. I only put forth the idea as a last resort.

I'll ask Moat himself, sure this problem.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I'm pretty sure that it is said 'roth.' Like the Grapes of Wrath...

Jess said it was 'roth.'

My phone's verbal dictionary says it that way too...

An Australian consulting a Briton for the pronunciation of a word that an American says is different. hahahahahahahahahahaha. All we need is a Canadian to say it's both.

Grapes of Wrath is a quintessential American novel by the way.

I'm more in favor of killing this contest. Can't even get many entries before the deadline.
Crab65
Crab65
327 posts
Nomad

Can't even get many entries before the deadline.

We need a more active judge, here. The more active the judge is, the more active the contest will be.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Gantic...we got 6 entries this round...

That is a fair bit...

adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

Thats absurd, there are more than enough entries. Also, multiple people have said they will judge.

adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

Thats

That's
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Gantic...we got 6 entries this round...

We actually got eight. There are two more on page 181.
Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

I agree with the active judge sentiment. From what I have seen after a year, entries started to wane when judging was sketchy. It always picks up when a new judge comes on and dies out when they can't be as active.

I am willing to judge again, because I really don't have other commitments right now here on AG, and I would hate to see this contest get killed, for all reasons, because of inactivity. Going out with a whimper instead of a bang would be a terrible thing.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I am willing to judge again, because I really don't have other commitments right now here on AG, and I would hate to see this contest get killed, for all reasons, because of inactivity.

You can be the judge just as long as you promise you won't get sick again.
Showing 1801-1815 of 3868