ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPeriodic Poetry Contest - Theme: Touch of Truth (Page 390, due Jan. 28)

3868 3215043
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

First, I will post the overall rules, and then I will post the specifics about this week.

Original rules, as stated by Ubertuna:

It must fit the week's theme.
It must be submitted by the deadline.
It cannot have inappropriate language in it.
It cannot be stolen (if you plagiarize, we will find you).

Also:

The poem must be created for this contest
A user cannot win two weeks in a row (though everyone is welcome to submit every week!)
Only one submission per user will be accepted

As we all know, the winner will recieve a merit, and their poem will be featured on the _Poetry_ page.

OK, on to this week's topic...Again, we are having a style instead of a theme. Also, this week we are having TWO WEEKS to do it, instead of the usual one. Why? Because this will be an EPIC poem. Or, rather, a parody of an epic poem. Generally, epic poetry is very long, and tells the serious story of a heroic figure. Well, this week, the epic figure is YOU! Write a long poem (I'll leave the definition of 'long' up to you, but give it a good go) about the heroic story of you! It can be silly, serious, whatever... just have fun with it. You have two weeks, so have a great time!
  • 3,868 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Yup. (I feel like an unofficial mod. I have title change powers!!)

Hmmm...I can't think of a witty sentence to place here.

Anyway...perhaps we should vote and come up with topics along the way so we don't need to wait for a week between each contest?
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Anyway...perhaps we should vote and come up with topics along the way so we don't need to wait for a week between each contest?

Or just letting the judge do the work. It is her who is judging it, it is only fair she is the one to choose.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Or just letting the judge do the work. It is her who is judging it, it is only fair she is the one to choose.

Hmm yes...though it would be more democratic and unbiased.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Hmm yes...though it would be more democratic and unbiased.

Well, to be that, you would need to vote on the winning poem as well as voting for the theme and so on... Too much work. If the judge does not enter, and also gives a good reason for the poem winning, there should be no problem at all. Before this, it was mods doing the judging and theme, and mods can be biased as well...
Anyway, too much of a debate, too little poetry.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Anyway, too much of a debate, too little poetry.

Little saga between me and Cen,
How much more time can we spend?
Not much poetry too much debate,
My destiny I'll leave to Lady Fate.

Alright, you have a point there...The poems have been buried.
wistress
wistress
262 posts
Peasant

Wild as the untamed Stallion,
A wondrous ride on the wooden Galleon

oooh ... nice rhyming ...very impressed
adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

Ya, sorry about this week, But i already have a theme for next time. And I try to be unbiased as possiable Anyway Cenere, thanks for changing it, or ehh getting someone to change it. What ever you did...Thanks

...and also gives a good reason for the poem winning..

I try, but there are so many good ones sometime you just go with your gut because you cant chose.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I try, but there are so many good ones sometime you just go with your gut because you cant chose.

Yes. That is usually a good reason too.
What I think I was trying to formulate was that you are not going to let people win, just because they are friends of you. It is usually not hard, especially not for mature people.

And I was talking to Strop, so... Spammed him a little to get it changed.
adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

Well, I guess the good thing is I am acquainted to quite a few people but I don't really talk to them. So mostly everyone is equally a stranger to me So I cant really favor anyone.

jalex13
jalex13
293 posts
Nomad

Life

Life is bleak,
life is death.

Life is a dark abysmal engulfed by sorrow and satanism.
Crows feed on the essence of darkness emitted by Life.
Death strikes upon earth with a schythe.
Spun by bats and the dark creatures of below.
Oh god, those bleak, bleak crows.

As the sun begins to appear,
Children rejoice from far and near.
and then Satan himself shakes the ground.
and steps on there twitching body, crushing there skulls.
They fear.

Life.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Gut feeling and instinct usually are correct. That's what my teachers ask me to do for MCQ questions....If you don't know, your primal feelings should help you feel your way through in the absymal darkness...

Cue Dramatic Exit
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Yup. (I feel like an unofficial mod. I have title change powers!!)

You have title change powers?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

You have title change powers?

Nah, kr he just instant messaged Strop to change the title.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Nah, kr he just instant messaged Strop to change the title.

Thought so. I have been trying to get Strop all week on IM...to change this title and the Pokemon contest title. I finally got the Pokemon one changed though which is good. By the way, you all should enter
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

I have entered Kr....And Strop's been away due to pressing Musical Issues.

Showing 976-990 of 3868