ForumsSupport ForumAG Rpg System?

28 3434
Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

What if every member(who wants one) had a character, this character would earn EXP and Gold from every post/comment, merit,etc you made. Gold could be spend at the store under RPG System. You could choose a class, race and element for your character, you can also attack other players and gain exp and gold that way. Heres a few thing I want to straighten before people start making comments.
1.Graphics are not big deal, chances are everything would be in 2D graphics that aren't very impressive.
2 This wouldn't count as an mmorpg, sure you can fight monsters but there would be no player to play interaction except for challenges and trading.
3. Do not spam for exp or gold mods/admins could easily destroy your character within a single click or just disable your ability to participate.
4. I'm open to race, class or item suggestions though these probably wouldn't in the game of course, considered the game itself is accepted, which is not that likely anyhow.
Otherwise fire away your opinion, like I said this will probably be quite low quality since coding it would be a big deal, I have seen other topics like this but I thought this had a more unique and descriptive spin to it.

• 28 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I quite like this idea, but it would be a pain to implement this.

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

I quite like this idea, but it would be a pain to implement this.

Thats why I want the weakest but most bearable 2d graphics possible, this would just be a test version anyway if people really liked it would expand.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Let's have a mod look at this.

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

Let's have a mod look at this.
Well you can't exactly just pull one over ya know, just a mod see its I don't want to look like a @$%. Yeah, I tried to make thing specific because otherwise I'd just get fluided with questions and "OMG other one these?! this can't be coded, forget it!" comments
LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

This was a very old suggestion way back when. I still really like the idea, the more AP you have the more upgrades you can get and fight other characters!

Cons:
Take up A LOT MORE sever space
Increase Spam to level up character.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Cons:
Take up A LOT MORE sever space
Increase Spam to level up character.

I've realized that EVERY SINGLE idea has at least one Con.
Flite
Flite
189 posts
Nomad

I realy dissagree with this idea. People already are lazy enough when posting in this site, this would only increase spam. Even if it was not spam, there would be an increase in comments that are short, lazy, tasteless, and easy to post.

Claw_Dragon4
Claw_Dragon4
369 posts
Nomad

Yes, it it seems to always be the same one when it comes to AG.
Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

If people spam too much they'll just get their character nerfed and eventually lose access to rpg altogether, anyway we need to start banning IP since people will just make multiple accounts to get back in.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

That's what everyone points out!

Well we have enough spammers and Ip banning isn't really the way to go.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I don't really care as much about spam,as the fact that this sounds eerily similar to the gaia online.With all of the little Japanese characters,that you could design,and make better as you level up.I had a friend who used that site,but anyways even if it were not completely original it could still add something to the social experience of the site,but if an idea is already being used elsewhere then the staff probably won't want to touch it.Also for right now they are just trying to work on the basic stuff for the site.They don't even have time to add in more layouts until they do so.

Flite
Flite
189 posts
Nomad

The mods can only delete so much spam. If they delete too much too fast then problems will accure. Spam must be deleted in moderate paces. Anyways what would realy bother me is that people would post more boring, tasteless, easy posts. They are not spam but they are anoying none the less when you get a whole bunch. We will have a lot more of those posts if AG implimented the idea into the site.

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

That's what everyone points out!

Well we have enough spammers and Ip banning isn't really the way to go.

Well then, how else are they supposed to learn?! Spammers are given fair warning and they continue their actions, they bring down the community and make site look bad and kind of corrupt.
I don't really care as much about spam,as the fact that this sounds eerily similar to the gaia online.With all of the little Japanese characters,that you could design,and make better as you level up.I had a friend who used that site,but anyways even if it were not completely original it could still add something to the social experience of the site,but if an idea is already being used elsewhere then the staff probably won't want to touch it.Also for right now they are just trying to work on the basic stuff for the site.They don't even have time to add in more layouts until they do so.

1.Gaias more of dress social community thingy, this would have combat stats, magic, and weapons you actually use in battle
2. Our sprites are gonna be that detailed, I don't mind if they look japanesse, personally I don't the jap theme would go well with AG.
3. This is a beta game, its more like a forum hack with some graphics than anything, its not even a 1,000th as big as Gaia.
Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

Oh yeah, On 2. I meant to aren't gonna be that detailed, just for clarification, sorry about the Double-Post.

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

The mods can only delete so much spam. If they delete too much too fast then problems will accure. Spam must be deleted in moderate paces. Anyways what would realy bother me is that people would post more boring, tasteless, easy posts. They are not spam but they are anoying none the less when you get a whole bunch. We will have a lot more of those posts if AG implimented the idea into the site.

I'm not an idiot, ya know.. I know this would increase spam but seriously if this site wants to get anywhere we are going to have deal with issue of spam eventually, its not gonna go away but people have to learn how wrong it, and just because your going through some cool rank system doesn't give you any right.
Showing 1-15 of 28