ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4302441
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Hey Cenere this was a reference picture I used for the textures, also a few others but they didn't seem old enough as this one B)

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Hey Cenere this was a reference picture I used for the textures, also a few others but they didn't seem old enough as this one B)

Holy aeroplane it is old... And ugly. It has a bit more plain green than yours, though, but yes, see your point. Iron gets a grainy surface too when rusting up.
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

pockets ooo my dictionary has 14 definitions for this one anyone care to see them? o Well here they are just for some ideas lol

pock·et [pókÉt]
noun (plural pock·ets)

1. small pouch in clothes: a shaped piece of material forming part of an item of clothing and used to hold small items, e.g. inside pants or on the outside of a shirt
2. small fitted pouch: a small fitted pouch, e.g. a pouch-shaped compartment on the inside of a bag
The suitcase has several inside pockets.

3. small pouch: a small pouch, bag, or purse
4. personal money: somebody's personal financial resources
a vacation paid for out of his own pocket

5. small differentiated area: a small area differentiated from neighboring areas by a particular feature
pockets of wealth

6. cavity: a type of cavity or opening
7. zoology sac on animal: a pouch-shaped sac on an animal's body
8. geology quantity of ore in cavity: the quantity of petroleum, natural gas, or mineral found in an underground cavity, or a cavity that contains such a substance
9. sports boxed-in position in race: a position in a race in which a competitor is blocked by others
10. cue games pouch on playing table: a pouch or net at each corner and side of a billiard or pool table
He sank the red in the side pocket.

11. football area for a quarterback to throw: in football, a defended area behind the offensive line in which a quarterback can stand to throw the ball
12. U.S. bowling space separating 2 pins: in bowling, a space between two pins, especially the head pin and one adjacent to it
13.baseball center of baseball glove: the depression in the center of a baseball glove where the ball is caught
14.aviation Same as air pocket

Microsoft® Encarta® 2007. © 1993-2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

yea I got it from Encarta lol it is useful sometimes

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I was hoping I could relate to NewHrowan, but well.
Oh but you can~

In before Pokemon entry.
Pocket monsters... Despite how much I've been poke-nerding lately, that didn't even cross my mind. >_>

I think it would be interesting to know where you guys come up with these themes. I keep think of this.
Shinies :3
Actually, if I recall correctly, that one was because I'd been playing too much GemCraft.

pockets ooo my dictionary has 14 definitions for this one anyone care to see them? o Well here they are just for some ideas lol
Yay~
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

hey nice job on 400000 page views! thats an amazing feat, even for a sticky.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Don't Worry Zoph, I haven't been paying attention here either...

I've missed two rounds now so I'll try and enter this week.

HardSimse
HardSimse
218 posts
Nomad

Heres mine:
http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu279/HardSimse/Ilovemypockets.jpg
For all who think this is not serious i can tell you, it is!
Im just bad at drawing, just started practising yestearday and think its fun !

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

I can't believe I couldn't draw this joke. I tried to do this entry a thousand times before it became decent. I can't draw pockets that are far away.. >_< And yes, that wine-red colored thing is a rocket...

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo152/ArmorZega/RocketInPocket.jpg
"I've got a rocket in my pocket"....

Also, that "girl" happens to be daydreaming.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

This might of been brought up somewhere in the 643 pages of this thread, but why isn't there a thread showcasing the winners of each theme in the ASC?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

This might of been brought up somewhere in the 643 pages of this thread, but why isn't there a thread showcasing the winners of each theme in the ASC?

There was such a thread, but it died... Died hard.
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Well Im gonna try to do more 3D so I better get started sometimes it takes awhile to model the simplest things in 3D that you can draw in like 20 mins B)

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

There was such a thread, but it died... Died hard.

Well thats sad, if there wasn't so many stickies in the AMW section already that is what I would suggest. Maybe a stickie in the tavern.

O and how far did it go Cen? i hate looking through all the pages to dind past winners and if it that thread could be found it might help me out.

(P.S. It tooks this long for me to respond because I went shopping for my mom's B-day.)
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Hmm, around the DnD round, maybe... It has been a long time, really.
Mayhaps...

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Ok, gonna google search it. Can you remember that name? Want me to bump it?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Here it is
Darn I love being an information student!

Showing 6076-6090 of 6854