ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4310996
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

Here is my entry for this week. Good luck to everyone that entered .

Ocean Life

I made these two for fun (messed with my art entry after finishing lol). Posting them because they look nice .

One
Two

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

2 or 3 more days fst6. I REALLY WISH FRUIT THEME WOULD COME SOON! I HAS THE ABSOLUTE PERFECT Pic for it!

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

hey Zophia in that second picture....Why is the moon and the sun on the same horizon?I just noticed that,but seriously were they supposed to be right next to each other?
Huh? Three moons, one sun, all on the same sky. I don't think I understand what you mean with your question.

@Pedspog:
Wow, that's actually a really nice rendering of an underwater view... Good work on the lighting.

It's Thursday here now... One day to finish... *row of words AG censor out anyway*
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

weeeeirrrdd. . .. . it's wednsday where I live 0-0. What are you guys? on the other side of the world?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Well... Denmark, so if you're in the states or something, yeah. The other side if the world. (2:37 am here.)

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

ah, that makes sense, and I does live in the states XD!!! It seems to me that most people on the internetz are americans.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

WE DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR LITTLE MAN, DARNIT! D:

Now now Strop, don't speak for the collective! People can think for themselves. I am sure tons of people on AG would jump at the occasion but I must ask them to resist their urges for me. I know I am ruggedly handsome in every way possible but comon guys.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

That's what she said.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

...sorry, I had to do it xD

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Also, @ Zophia:

I dunno, depends on how luminous the sun is. Generally I would really lay down more "addition" brush. Unless there's a weird eclipse going on you should barely be able to see the sun itself unless you're intent on going blind.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

ARGH! ITS DUE TOMORROW! ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Lol...I don't want the DM...so I'll go for First Place!

*Runs To Studio and Pulls Out Blank Canvas!*

KingRyan

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

OK...here it is...

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/bogansettlement.jpg
You know...the Strop image...almost reminds me of Klaushouse's image....hmmm.........

The Horse was made by Strop...and I have permission from him to use it:

Yeah, go ahead man. I have faith that you will...be a great artist! xD

Hehehe!

I want FIRST PLACE!

KingRyan
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Sorry...AGAIN!

Full Size

I have been Epic Phailing at IMG Posting today...

KingRyan

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I use it very judiciously.

Also:

KIIIIINNNNNGGGGRRYYYYYYYAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN!!!!1

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I dunno, depends on how luminous the sun is. Generally I would really lay down more "addition" brush. Unless there's a weird eclipse going on you should barely be able to see the sun itself unless you're intent on going blind.
Thank you very much for reminding me. I've been very nocturnal lately, and in addition there's been a lot of cloudy weather - honestly, I've forgotten what the sun looks like IRL. O_o

A fly! Hehe, nice one.

@Klaushouse:
... Lol.
Showing 1036-1050 of 6854