ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4311122
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

lol I say I win. But that's just me!

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I reject to your wildlife and substitute my own!
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Wildlifesmallview.jpg
Click image for fullview.

I'm not gonna be able to shade the critters before the deadline (mainly because I'm tired of working on this), so... Well, I like how they look as silhouettes anyway, so it's all okay.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Ahem: AKKER!!
It looks good, but I really hope to see the finished finished version someday.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Zophia looking at this I am actually glad you can't win this week,b/c that would almost be a guaranteed win in my opinion.I typically don't go all "OMG AWESOMENESS GREAT JOB!!!!!!1!!!" or whatever,but I'm quite impressed with that.The reason why I'm glad is b/c then it wouldn't be as close of a contest for everyone else.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I just realized I screwed up on some shading, so I resubmitted the fullview, but I'm not gonna correct the small version.
So please, click the image to see the image with shading beneath the critters. It does look better...

@Cenere:
I hope to see that too...
And not only akker. Mazzelh, eeynanoopa, hikrauhn, anacouf, puffer, sjihnthlob, bandweh, andlib, a little flying critter, something that's related to a snets, and a worm creature... Those are all named, but the names have slipped my memory. >.> And the plants... They're named too...

@crimsonblade:
Hehehe~ I think I'll get an honorary mention... I think... Maybe...

File info?
Dimensions: 1024 x 768
42 visible layers.
Created: Monday, November 3rd, 3:13pm
Finished (so far): Friday, November 7th, 10:43pm
Adobe Photoshop Elements filesize: 8,2 MB

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

But akker.... *childish expression*

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I know you love them.

Since they are technically love birds, I suppose that's a good thing.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

They are pretty.... Sigh...

Rollie
Rollie
12 posts
Nomad

@ Strop:

Yes that was done in the last week, but all the levels were designed over the month. That is one that was around the time of the competition.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hey what time is the Judging Strop?

Its the weekend...so hurry up with it!

Very Nice Zophia!

KingRyan

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

It's not quite time yet, by my books...Zoph, if you'd like it shouldn't at all be a stretch to wait a few hours, if you feel like finishing.

Otherwise we do look forward to seeing the finished product at some point.

On that note, judging is soon. Ish.

ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

I would love to join! Yet my Tablet is very crappy, and my Gimp is either working or not (mostly not) and my scanner doesn't work with my Mac! So problems, problems!

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

You can't get it two weeks in a row I don't think...

He'll just invent some award...such as Minimalist Award...

Hurry up you BOGAN

KingRyan

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@Strop:
It will have to be as it is. In a way I'm really liking the way it is now anyway (I love silhouette based drawings), and I don't feel like working any more on it... Yet. It shall be finished eventually, and I'll be sure to show it to everyone here.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

I haven't seen so much art for this theme wo has entered for this theme.

Showing 1066-1080 of 6854