ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4237925
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Don't feel sad and left out Klaushouse, I think your stuff is funny :P

; - D

Recoooogniitiiooon!

Kool
Kats
Klub

Anyone?
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

...did you do that just because you have a K in your name or are you trying to give a reference to the ku klux klan? if so, then that's pretty .. . . . .sick. The KKK is famous for several beatings and murder, and shouldn't even be joked about. Offensive joke dude.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I somehow doubt that was what he meant... Then again, it is Klaushouse... You never know...

But it's not really that offensive. Just a play on letters.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I know, but it is easily taken the wrong way, just look at me ^^^

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I consider myself a "jokester", not a person "advocating white supremacy and acting as vigilantes while hidden behind conical masks and white robes... [utilizing] terrorism, violence, and lynching to intimidate and oppress..." (Wikipedia.org)

People get that mixed up all the time though, thanks for that assumption. I am an on edge kind of guy but I am not a bigot.

If you must know, it was a reference to Kool Kids Klub, which is a club that a lot of kids made in their childhood cause it sounded cool and all started with the same letter.(I don't know about your childhood if all you can think of is the KKK)

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

That's it, let's create a groovy pants club. I'll draft a petition to Brad Borne :P

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

haha, sorry for the assumption, but it's what happens most of the time. I'm 13 right now, so I just know what history tells me O_oU

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I remember a time where I made fun of the Kool Kids Klub...drew a cartoon column for the school magazine (horribly drawn) with a friend and named it the Kool Komix 4 Kidz.

But seriously, KKK is actually done a fair bit in humor. Best (or worse, you decide) example would be Bowfinger:

Kit: The letter K appears in this script 1,458 times. That's perfectly divisible by 3.
Freddy: So what? So what you saying?
Kit: What am I saying? KKK appears in this script 486 times!
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

ROFL! That, IS a funny thing because it's making fun of assumptions to the KKK, when e1 takes it that way. I find this hilarious!

MY SIG

~YAY FOR HYPOCRISY~

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I remember a time where I made fun of the Kool Kids Klub...drew a cartoon column for the school magazine (horribly drawn) with a friend and named it the Kool Komix 4 Kidz.

K has to be the koolest letter ever used at a kid. Like... you could put K into everything and have kool matching words that still sounded right. We still do it today to a certain degree with slang, it's just more modernized.
LonLonRanch
LonLonRanch
172 posts
Nomad

Snap, I need to get started on this one :P

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

ya, me either, I'm sure it will be more (if not just as) epic as my pants of happyness! I'm looking forward to seeing all ur stuffs. Again, I still have the suggestion for desert, or somethin'. . . . . . . . . ..

~YAY FOR HYPOCRISY~

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Kauls. What program did you use for you're god thing, Adobe Cs3?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Hugpostercopy.jpg

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ZOPHIA!

A motivational AND CUTENESS! AAAW.

Kauls. What program did you use for you're god thing, Adobe Cs3?

Flash Cs3
Showing 346-360 of 6854