ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPhotography Compeition....Anyone Interested?

32 5539
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hi,

I was thinking...wouldn't it be good to have a Photography Competition?

That way people who can't draw or animate could take a picture!

I guess we could have themes like the GFX Art Battles...

What do you think?

Is a mod interested in organising and judging it?

KingRyan

• 32 Replies
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

How much do you know Kibblesand123?

Thats good gman1000, might be able to enlist you to judging...

Do we want to have an AP reward or not?

KingRyan

jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

@kingryan: in my opinion, the winner doesn't need and AP...
you should only give AP to someone if its a stunningly amazing photo ... but thats just what I think...

kibblesand123
kibblesand123
423 posts
Nomad

@kingryan

a lot :P

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

So we'd be posting real life pictures?

I feel sorry for the judges :P

jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

@drace: what do you mean you feel sorry for the judges?

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Do we want to have an AP reward or not?

No. I think this should just be a fun thing for people to enjoy themselves.

I don't think people should be pressured b6 AP, or people only doing it because they want AP. It would definitely be smart to leave an AP reward out.
jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

i have a question...can the photographs we take be put into photoshop and changed around a bit or should it be a photo without any externally added effects?...

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I think that we might not start off with AP, but maybe add it on later...

Also, I don't think we should be editing the pictures on Photoshop...I think we should rely on camera skill not program skill.

KIngRyan

jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

@kingryan: you are right, but sometimes, while taking the photo, you might have forgot to put on a filter or put the wrong one, or something...i think we should be allowed to use photoshop to fix mistakes of that sort...but thats just what i think...

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

How about you can only change things to make it greyscale, sepia etc...or to crop it. Nothing else....especially not the sharpen thing...that is cheating...isnt it?

KingRyan

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

I know a fair amount about photography, and I am an amateur photography in my spare time. I would be happy to judge

jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

@kyngryan: agreed...now your thinking along my lines :P and yes, sharpening would be cheating since a photographer must choose his focus and etc while taking the photo, not after taking it
however, there is one problem... how would we know if someone manually sharpened/retouched the photo? not implying that anyone on these forums cheat :P ... but don't we have to be ready for anything?

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I know a fair amount about photography, and I am an amateur photography in my spare time. I would be happy to judge

So does that mean that the contest is on?
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well if he chooses to start it now.I don't really have a decent camera though to compete(my digital camera is really poor to the point where it is hard to even use)So unless something happens,then you probably won't see me on this contest.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Do screenshots count?

Showing 16-30 of 32