ForumsProgramming ForumBest Free Website Creator(s)

87 38867
jb701926
jb701926
283 posts
Nomad

I'd say FreeWebs. Thats why I made one.
Weebly looks kinda cool though.

• 87 Replies
Alorkefa
Alorkefa
1 posts
Nomad

I tried the invision free for my clan but it seemed too complicated. I now use Forumotion.com and I really like and so does everyone in my clan.

Ecen
Ecen
1 posts
Nomad

Ive read everything here now and it seems that freewebs is popular and weebly is not.

Then I want to say that I think weebly is one of the best online-easy-websitemaker-forfree avaible at the Internet (I may be wrong and much people may think so) except for one thing that makes it too bad. You cant add something at the sides and its just on line of content, straight down. I think its the same thing with freewebs, right?

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

weebly is good all my friends have an account there

JereN
JereN
189 posts
Peasant

I may be a bit of your topic here...

but personally I would use only notepad++ for making a site(this way it is easier to modify and it doesn't contain that **** in the source) ...then load it up somewhere...for those who doesn't want/have time to learn the html/css/javascript so there is tons of WYSIWYG editors...then you just load up those...my experience is that it's always better/easier than using some freewbs etc.

anatolytt
anatolytt
64 posts
Peasant

notepad++ and stuff is good for learning, but not for &quotroduction". It's much faster to quickly edit stuff in some good WYSIWYG editor (and by good i mean also right configured) and then add some finishing touches in notepad etc.

Personally i prefer Dreamweaver CS4. It has flaws, but it rocks when properly configured. CS, CS2 and CS3 versions are basically crap.

JereN
JereN
189 posts
Peasant

I haven't really used any WYSIWYG myself..can you make php code into the page also direct with Dreamweaver? or script? otherwise I think that pure source writing is still better...may take a bit more time...but still :P

Aaroniscool
Aaroniscool
254 posts
Nomad

One program that I have used is Nvu

It's a WYSIWYG program, but it still requires a good uderstanding of html and css to do it.

It'sd public domain, so it may have a bug or two, but that's what you get for free with no ads :P

Try it out

anatolytt
anatolytt
64 posts
Peasant

Yeah, i tried nvu, it has a lot of potential.

JereN, yeah, in DW you can switch between code view and design view, code view has some nice features such as code syntax coloring, line numbers, auto-indent, braces balancing, built-in php function reference etc. I also like its "find and replace" feature for its excellent work with tags selectable by attributes, classes etc etc.

CS4 also tries to display all php includes, so basically if you put a menu in menu.php and make an index.php with some stuff and include("menu.php&quot in it, it will display an index file with the menu as if it was on the server. Pretty nice.

JereN
JereN
189 posts
Peasant

ok..maybe I'll check it..I have some DW..not sure if it is a 2 or 3...haven't used it ever :P

but still...you can't quote beat the notepad :P

Gorky
Gorky
1 posts
Nomad

i use freewebs at the moment

brenda_1997
brenda_1997
831 posts
Nomad

Yup me too i use freewebs atm :P

MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

If you're talking about website hosting, i think freewebs is too basic. =/ Tbh it takes money to get a decent host, and the cheapest and easiest i can think of would be Vbulletin. I've used it and it works great. Lot's of great features with that. Freewebs is too basic for me. =/

I guess forumotion is the best free website host imo. I use that sometimes too if i'm just starting a new site.

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

Okay, guys, W-E-B-S. Spell it. NOT FREEWEBS. They changed their name, along with a bunch of awesome updates. I have a site on webs, and I get 50+ hits a day. You can really go far with webs.

~RR~

Henrytheonlygameking
Henrytheonlygameking
677 posts
Nomad

ah this kinda reminds me of a thing i asked it was how to make a website and it was the same comment over and over "FREEWEBS" id say yes to that but the only real way to make a website is useing notepad
and HTML

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I really don't like freewebs, like magi said it's too basic, there isn't enough freedom and stuff, I used to use piczo which has a bit of freedom, and if you know how to use it right it can turn out to be an amazing site.

Showing 61-75 of 87