ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStrop's sporadic scrapbook

1567 731305
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Right, so I pulled out of the previous GFX round due to not being able to finish on time. Since then I've been working on the image on-and-off and now it's finished only about a week late.

The picture shown below is half the size, the fullsize one can be found by clicking on the picture.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/technologyfinal.jpg

The full resolution pic (1280xs1024) is low quality...the high quality version is 1.1Mb and doesn't fit on photobucket xD Lame. Except I feel justified with the size...this was hand-drawn from start to finish.

I should have tidied up the sketchlines more, but wasn't actually intending to spend this much effort on it. Meh.

• 1,567 Replies
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

That rhino drawing is amazing...

But, one small detail that caught my eye...Is his crotch glowing?

Nomad

@ zootsiut

I believe/hope that's his belt haha.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Oh my, uhm:

@ zootsuit: Yes, that is the belt. Yes, his crotch is glowing. That wasn't because I wanted to make his CROTCH glow, I swear, it was purely for compositional purposes!

However, for your viewing lulz, I will show you something from Hunter x Hunter: Hisoka gets excited, bwahahahaha.

@ Zophia: I know- I realised I didn't know the specifics of rhino dentition and when I sketched it I just didn't put as much effort into it. I think the angle's off and the tongue is in the wrong place but this is one time I don't really care. I do believe that if you look at the full size image it's not actually apparent.

@ fst6: Norris vs the Rhino? That is a wicked awesome idea...it may even be worked into the project proper!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Ninja horse!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/ninjamask.jpg

Click image for link to full-size.

There's a story behind this one- I've always been called a ninja in some manner of speaking. Why I call myself strop/strawpony is another story but anyway!

One late October, a friend of mine invited me to her 21st- it was fancy dress. I decided that I would turn up in a home-made ninja suit, which required me to fashion a mask made from cloth. When I turned up to the party, nobody recognised me because of the mask (like duh) and since I ended up being the only guy in actual fancy dress (so much for the fancy dress party) I was thereafter known as "that ninja guy". And every time I meet the family of said friend, they all have trouble recognising me because all they remember is the ninja.

So really. Even ninja have to take their masks off someday, or face a lonely existence.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

So Straw...Nice work...

If you're depressed then you should move to Adelaide!

KingRyan

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

But dude, that would only make me even more depressed...

aaahahahaha, I'm so mean, lol.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Whats wrong with Adelaide? We have everything you could want!

You could get a job at a hospital there and then you could meet my sister!

KingRyan

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

@KingRyan: I don't think that would work, I mean a grasshopper and a sword and shield emblem... lol.

on topic: Awesomeness is now known as strop... and Zophia if she reads this. (but if she doesn't *evil laugh*)

And love the story horse ninja thing!

lil_gangsta72
lil_gangsta72
375 posts
Nomad

how do you draw that good! amazing

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

@KingRyan: I don't think that would work, I mean a grasshopper and a sword and shield emblem... lol.

What do you mean by this? I do not understand!

KingRyan
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Practice makes perfect, and when you've got experience and skill (like Zophia, for example), you can in fact tell what I've got to improve on next.

I might actually post a couple of exercises to show you how I practice, from like scratch up to this point. I do need a bit of basic revision.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Yay! Tutorials!

Oh and BTW, do you use Photoshop Straw?

KingRyan

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Never have, except a loooong time ago when I used to...photoshop photos...

I'm waiting for my new computer to arrive so that I can actually get all the software I really want and GET AWESOME.

Or something.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

You think it may have been handy if you had told me what program you use?

What type of computer you getting? Please don't tell me you are buying some DELL cheapy with Vista and 1 GB RAM ... WHICH DOESN'T WORK!

KingRyan

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I dunno. This is my brother's b'day pressie to me and he tells me he put something "very special" on it.

He then told me he was in a "weird mood" when he did it so I am duly disturbed.

I use GIMP and Open Canvas currently. Will be looking to get into Flash.

Showing 16-30 of 1567