ForumsSupport ForumWhat would you like to see from AG in the future?

103 16526
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I would like the following

*Less Spammers
*layouts
*Block Option
*Nicer People that don't brag
*More mods

• 103 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

And do you have any suggestions for how these things should be implemented?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well while I think there may be a topic already like this I shall at least contribute.

*Status option in profile page to save space in about
*More options for your profile(that can of course wait though)
*More really nice contests(that one can easily be achieved,with a little creativity)
*a more productive site with less repeated threads,spam,etc.(it can be done only with determination)
*A popular site where people don't bicker about what the site doesn't have,but where they can be grateful for what it does.(I'm not sure how far of a goal this one is)

Anyways that is a short list I just out together on the spot so I may have forgotten some stuff,but oh well.

revolushn
revolushn
63 posts
Nomad

Isn't this just a thread inside a topic of exactly the same subject?

BUt hey I'll play along. I would like to see people that care about their posts enough to check that their title is spelt correctly.

And a few other things, But I think the powers that be are doing a great job since it seems they are mainly acting as wardens for a bunch of spoilt kids. Or so it seems.

Oh yeah. Contests would be quite cool. And a crocodile with 6 legs. I want it, and I demand you implement it. Now.

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

something i would really love to see is a video section like newgrounds,but of course minusing the "mature" videos

i would love to see that .

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

I'd like to see a bigger focus on games

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

*Less Spammers = Won't happen. As long as kids and idiots alike run around the website, spammers will never die out. Curbing the problem is simple -- it's just that people don't use the flag often.
*layouts = Do we really need them? It isn't MySpace or social websites, it's AG, with a focus on games
*Block Option = No opinion!
*Nicer People that don't brag = As long as people are higher than other people, they won't be humble :P I think in cases like this, it's best to ignore the jerks
*More mods = I'm happy with the moderators and the system we have now, but maybe ONE more wouldn't hurt >.>

*a more productive site with less repeated threads,spam,etc.(it can be done only with determination)
= And it can be done if users started to use the flag more often and more responsibly
*A popular site where people don't bicker about what the site doesn't have,but where they can be grateful for what it does.
= People are always going to have opinions, and bicker, it's the sad age of the Internet unfortunately

something i would really love to see is a video section like newgrounds,but of course minusing the "mature" videos

You mean flash animations? That'd be similar to NewGrounds, a heck of a lot similar! And imagine the work the mods would have to do sifting through animations of genitalia.

I'd like to see a bigger focus on games

I'd love to see that too, but how? Maybe a game of the month (rather than game of the week).. or certain awards for the authors of games (i.e. and the mods/admin would vote on it based on a criteria)... or even... contests for the authors of flash games, just like AG use to have
Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

I'd love to see that too, but how?

I'm working on that
dnguyen
dnguyen
614 posts
Nomad

i want to see
* Less Spamers
* More users in Armorgames like 200,000 or more
* More games that are good
* More quality
* A little more moderaters
* New Armaters
* Bring the chat room back
* Bring back referrals

d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

Nicer People that don't brag = As long as people are higher than other people, they won't be humble :P I think in cases like this, it's best to ignore the jerks

I don't brag...=(

LOL, anyways, I want to see more active users mostly, because, when I come on, only like 60 people play.
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

* Less Spamers
* More users in Armorgames like 200,000 or more

= Oxymoron!

* More games that are good = Define good? If you want better quality games, people should start writing better quality comments

* More quality = Huh? What do you mean quality? Quality in what? Games? The community?

* A little more moderaters = Can't argue there

* New Armaters = There's a new batch coming. The artists aren't sitting around thinking of new ideas, they have lives too.

* Bring the chat room back
* Bring back referrals

If you've read anything on this forum, you'd realize neither of the two would benefit AG. In the case of chat rooms, they're absolutely useless and people tend to go overboard with comments, start arguments and curse all the way to hell. If you want an uncivilized conversation, exchange Messenger ID's.

As for referrals -- people abused that too. They would just create new accounts just to get more points for the base account -- mods caught onto this and therefore...

REFERRALS WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY AGAIN

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

LOL, anyways, I want to see more active users mostly, because, when I come on, only like 60 people play.

Users tend to come on later in the evening since they have school or work during the day. The active users usually spike and reach their peak in the summer (i.e. April, May, June, July, August)
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

That is only people who are active in the forums. There are way more people on the site at any one time than that.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

InTheZone i agree with the mods layouts and everything except the spammers and braggers.The harder i try the more annoying it gets!!

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

layouts = Do we really need them? It isn't MySpace or social websites, it's AG, with a focus on games

I get where you are coming from,but would it make the site horrible if they were added?The way I see it is that as long as they put more important stuff first like getting the site put together well enough,then I really see no true harm in this idea,besides people whining about how this isn't a social networking site,which really means nothing in a sense unless you can find some kind of undeniable proof that having some small aspects of a social networking site would have a negative effect on the site.Anyways that's just my opinion on that matter.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

But remember i never said right now.I said in the FUTURE.

Showing 1-15 of 103